Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Rave for new men's Gilette Fusion razor
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I have a long and storied history of complaining about and trying to find solutions to my tendency toward ingrown hairs, razor bumps and severe razor burn, and my general loathing for the task of keeping my legs hair-free. If I were a man and had to shave my face every day, I would probably opt for having a beard down to my knees before I’d be willing to scrape my face raw each morning! This is a serious admission coming from me, as eagle-eyed readers of this forum will recall that I have previously confessed that I am creeped-out by most facial hair fashion due to it’s unfortunate resemblance to pubic hair sprouting from one’s chin....

Anyway, while I’ve learned that exfoliating before every shave all but eliminates those horrid ingrowns and razor bumps on my legs, I still experience razor burn/irritation on a regular basis.

Last year, you might recall, I posted a review rhapsodizing the Gilette Venus Vibrance and Gilette MP3 Turbo (men’s) razors, both of which are battery operated to vibrate which is supposed to make the hairs stand up so you get a closer shave. I’ve been quite happy with both of these razors and managed to resist the temptation to try out the Schick Quatro four-blade razor when it was introduced a while back. My thought was, who the hell really needs that many blades on their razor?! What a rip-off....

So imagine my shock when my willpower was not strong enough to withstand the assault from all the hype regarding Gilette’s new five-blade razor when it was reviewed on several different newscasts! While shopping at Target on Saturday, I found myself putting the Gilette Fusion Power Razor kit in my shopping basket, while a furious argument ensued inside my head as my Id and Super-ego once again clashed over whether or not I needed to waste ten bucks on a razor that probably wouldn’t work any better than my vibrating Venus.

But late that night, after I colored my hair and gave myself a pedicure, I climbed in the bathtub to try out my new acquisition. I have to say that the vibrating Fusion razor is the absolute best thing I have ever used to shave my legs. Period! The product hype regarding this new razor was spot on:

Gilette claims that the five-blade system provides a closer, less irritating shave because you do not have to apply any pressure to get a smooth shave. Apparently it is aerodynamic “drag” on the blades of the razor which cause you to apply more pressure to the razor to ensure it gets all the hairs. This pressure can cause those with sensitive skin like mine to experience severe razor burn, stinging and irritation afterward. I didn’t experience any of that with the Fusion razor, even though it had been over a week since I last shaved my legs, so there was quite a bit of fuzz that needed to be pruned, if you get my drift!

But this Fusion razor glided effortlessly over my legs, slicing off those extra-long hairs without me having to apply any pressure or press down on the handle to make sure it shaved closely. I didn’t have to go back and shave them a 2nd time once I had removed all the excess fur, as I normally have to do with my Venus razor. One pass of the blade on each stroke was enough to make my legs feel completely smooth! And when I got out and applied my new homemade body butter to my newly revealed stems didn’t evince the usual burning and stinging that used to greet me after shaving.

Normally, I seriously dislike using a men’s razor on my legs because most of them are designed with wire-wrapped blades that make them next to impossible to rinse clean between each stroke if you’ve gone more than a couple of days between shaves, as I am prone to do – especially in the winter time when nobody could possibly know that the hair on my legs is nearly long enough to braid because I’m wearing long-pants...besides, my philosophy is the unkempt leg hair helps keep my legs warm when it’s cold outside! Wink

Gilette can now count me as a disciple of the “more-blades-the-better” mentality because this five-blade business really makes a difference! Who cares if the blades are slightly less expensive than my monthly car payment or credit card bill? I will quite happily fork over ten bucks for a 4-pak of refill blades every two months if it means that I never again have to experience painful razor burn after I shave!!

Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |