Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

PROOF Obagi & ReVive work!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I have some pics I dug up of my before Botox pics. I WISH had taken full face before I had started Obagi.

Anyway, these pics are of the furrows and forehead but you can see the sun damge I had in that area. And you can see the depth of my forehead lines and furrows before and how much it has improved after using it all of for 7 weeks.

I am not doing the full 24 week program as I will be doing an 18% TCA peel soon.

Anyway, if you gals want to see that it all can work and work well, go to this website.
http://www.fotothing.com/Wenrow/

Let me know if you have problems viewing.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
The "before" photo is on the far right. I can't figure out how to rearrange them.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
What a huge difference!
Glad to see that it works for you.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Huge difference, I for one am a big fan of revive. But I've noticed from alot of different post that you've used quiet a few peels? What peels and in what order have you done?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Oh I've never done a peel before. I bought a peel from Makeupartistschoice.com a few months ago and decided to wait until I did Obagi for at least 6 weeks. I have only done a Skin Medica Vitalize Peel at my derm's office and not a big dif from that. $150 a pop and you need at least 3. So I decided to do it myself.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
ok my bad, I thought obaigi was a strong type of long term peel. I thought u said u used, retin A, as well. Both of those are pretty intense or am I wrong (retin A was too intense for me)? Whatever it is ur doing, it looks great..

Melissa
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
WOWZA!!! That's amazing!! What a difference Very Happy !
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Yes it is an aggressive program and you must be deticated. You use something called Blender with Retin A nightly and the Blender helps the R-a penetrate even deeper. You can go a few weeks with very red, flaky skin and some give up during that period. But such a shame becuase after 4 weeks is when your skin really begins to transform itself and the new you comes out.

Obagi.com has everything you need to know and what to expect. they even have a mes board for Obagi users only. When you can talk to other women going through it, it really makes it easier. The whole program is expensive but you can find deals on the internet like ebay. I just wished I discovered this earlier.

I'm 38 and got carded the other night. That hasn't happened it YEARS.
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:01 am      Reply with quote
holy c***! I'm so impressed!
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:06 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
Yes it is an aggressive program and you must be deticated. You use something called Blender with Retin A nightly and the Blender helps the R-a penetrate even deeper. You can go a few weeks with very red, flaky skin and some give up during that period. But such a shame becuase after 4 weeks is when your skin really begins to transform itself and the new you comes out.

Obagi.com has everything you need to know and what to expect. they even have a mes board for Obagi users only. When you can talk to other women going through it, it really makes it easier. The whole program is expensive but you can find deals on the internet like ebay. I just wished I discovered this earlier.

I tried Obagi for 2 months and never got over the dramatic peeling. My face was so sore I could barely smile and sometimes I looked like Santa with all the flakes around my mouth. I finally gave it all up. I just couldn't take it any more. You got fantastic results though! Congrats!

-Cheri
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:15 am      Reply with quote
your pics made me so inspired, i decided i was finally going to bite the bullet and try it! alas, no doctors in france seem to be on board.... it sounds stupid, maybe, but the next five weeks or so i can actually afford to go through the 'uglies'.... is it possible to go through the obagi system less aggressively and still work, do you know? or does it have to be done whole hog?

what maintainance program are you using now? which obagi/revive products, etc?

thank you soooo much truly!

-- cam
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

being non american... What does "carded" mean? Very Happy

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:33 am      Reply with quote
it's when they ask you for your photo identification for entrance to a bar or to buy products, they are worried you are not old enough.. (cigarettes, liquor etc)
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Cam, this website offers detailed instructions for Obagi use for all purposes(anti-aging, sun damage, etc) and different protocols (moderate, aggressive, etc) Very helpful.

http://center4skin.com/obagi/nudermdirrx.htm

As far as purchasing, lovelyskin.com has good prices OR email susan@mylovelyskin.com and she can offer products as well as walk you through the entire thing. Like having your own doctor online during the process. She offers Obagi @20% off for online gals. This is the website she is on and she among others can answer any questions you have prior to even doing it. Like some cannot even tolerate Retin A and need Micro or Tarzac I believe it is called.

http://www.spectacularskin.com/cgi-bin/forum/index.cgi

And there is always Ebay. Make sure you check the sellers feedback history (make sure it is a "power seller")and ask the exp date for any product BEFORE you purchase.

And the creator of spectacular skin Marrianne posted a journal here of her exp with Obagi for like 42 days I think. It was really helpful for me to read.

HTHs

Wendy
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to post the journal website:
she took photos throughout her process as well.

http://www.yestheyrefake.net/obagi_marianne.htm
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
May I ask, were you squinting in your before picture? Your sun damage seems all but gone! Great results.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Yes I was frowning rather. the purpose for that photo was to see the before Botox muscle movements. This is the only photo I had of me close up before all this. Anytime I saw a photo close up that showed all my flaws, I would get rid of them. I could not stand seeing them and never thought that I could do something about all that. So I called my Derm's ofc and asked them for my photos. So all I have are the eye- forehead area and trying to focus on muscle movement.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:13 am      Reply with quote
thank you, wendy!

i actually tried obagi (without retin a -- as i had a hard time tolerating it -- or anything else) a few years back. needless to say, not a huge success.... this month, i started using avene's diacneal (retinaldehyde at 0.1%, glycolic acid at 6%) and my skin is actually accepting it which gives me hope that i can try the obagi system properly.

i'd love to order online, but france is really weird about getting 'medicines' in the mail. i will look on the web site and see if they've dealt with it before. if not, i have a trip to l.a. at the end of april.

as for revive, which products were you using with obagi? which ones are you using now? and excuse me for asking this (as i think you've mentioned elsewhere), but which sunscreen are/were you using? and were you able to use any make-up to help or did you just say forget it?

thank you again!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
During Obagi, moisturizers slow down cell trun over so it is advised to not use them. I did use the Intensite Volumizing serum to "spot treat" areas. I also used the Sensitiff Cellular Repair during my most uncomfortable periods for the relief of irritation. Dr. Brown the founder who was a plastic surgeon had prescribed this cream years ago for patients who had peels. It does help the skin heal faster and turn over cells even faster than Obagi-Retin A does. It is moisturizing so I only used it for a couple of weeks. Now I use almost the entire line. Eye creams: Eye Renewal, Les Yuex (for repairing broken capilaries) the serum of course, I alternate mornings with Cellular repair and the Creme Lustre, and evenings with Moisturizing Renwal and Creme Lustre. I also use the Lip & Perioral Renewal Cream. My vertical lines above my lips are GONE. For suncreen the only thing that was most effective and not moisturizing was the La Roche Posay FLuid 60+. It was very light and very effective with protection. also it helped with the peelies. WhenI applied it last, the dead skin would ball up and come off easily. i discovered it late in the program and wished I had it earlier so I would not have walked around with all that flakey skin. I did not wear make up until Istarted using the sunscreen. But after 4 weeks, I was amazed to look in the mirror and see that I did not need it at all! Myskin was glowing a so clear. My whole goal was to be able to leave the house with only mascara and lip gloss and now I can. Also thanks to the 1000hours lash and eyebrow tint, I do not have to draw my brows on anymore and that alone was life changing for me.

PS. You don't have to purchase the entire kit for a good Obagi program. for instance, if you don't have hyperpigmentation issues, you would not even need the Clear. Just make sure you get a gentle PH balanced cleanser, the Blender and what ever retinoin you need. My sunscreen woked to help exfoliate the dead skin off so Exfoderm was not needed. You can really get by on the minimum if you have to.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, if this has been asked. How long did you do the whole program and also did you have botox before obagi? I am thinking botox or restylane and was not sure if I could do this while on obagi or not.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I did it before. About 3 times since Sept.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:52 am      Reply with quote
thank you, again, wendy.

i need to do obagi for *all* the reasons, so clear is a definite. for years i've suffered from bad mua's at stores trying to give me foundations too dark that always turn orange on me. (i'm somewhere between a ppp and an lll -- almost always the lightest shade.) i never could figure out why until my skin started showing its true colours with the diacneal. even with the current purge (yuck!), i can see an almost thorough, if light, discolouration throughout -- a few shades darker. it's started breaking up finally so that you can see what was meant to be. i'm afraid that i had several nasty burns as a child (my mother was very dark skinned and never used block) and then ran around l.a. with my spf 15 make up thinking this was sufficient. Embarassed lol! i'm now in overcast paris wearing spf 50+.

after seeing your pics i was so impressed -- thank you for the inspiration!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Wendy. Wonder if I should wait for the injections then. How long did you stay on the full obagi regimen?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Well, I did not do the full 18-24 weeks. I did 7. I am a bit anxious and decided to do an 18% TCA peel. It is just a speedier way of cell trunover and can help with fine lines, hyperpigmentation. It is recommended that you do at least 6 weeks of Retin A or R-A w/Obagi blender before doing a peel as it really speeds up the healing process. Hence less downtime.

But if you are leary of peels then going at least 18 weeks of Obagi (week 2-week 6 are the worst) you will have the same wonderful outcome. BUT STICK with it. Stopping at week 3 or 4 is just a waste of all that you have put into it. After week 4 your skin is really changing its behavior and the wonderful young, glowing skin emerges. I can't stress it enough.

So this weekend I will be doing that.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |