Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Epidermx question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Interloper
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have used this product for like 3 weeks now and am yet to experience this 'balling process' where the top skin layer come off, i read a few posts and im sure im doing it right, rubbing into damp skin for 5mins.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
how much product are you using??? I use about 1 tablespoon each time and it has always worked.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this months ago and use it once-in-a-while. It's never balled up for me either. Dry or wet...it won't ball.
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
chrissie,
you use one TABLESPOON?? are you sure you didn't mean to say teaspoon? well each time i only use about one teaspoon of epidermx on damp skin then after about 3 minutes of rubbing, it gets really dry and when you rub more and a teeny bit harder, it should ball up!

its had balled up for me since the first time i used it...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
aprilha wrote:
chrissie,
you use one TABLESPOON?? are you sure you didn't mean to say teaspoon? well each time i only use about one teaspoon of epidermx on damp skin then after about 3 minutes of rubbing, it gets really dry and when you rub more and a teeny bit harder, it should ball up!

its had balled up for me since the first time i used it...

I guess I have a bigger face than you Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing HAHA... u crack me up...
i just followed the instructions and used a dime size amount.. haha

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
aprilha wrote:
Laughing HAHA... u crack me up...
i just followed the instructions and used a dime size amount.. haha

I like to use Epidermx past my jaw line, down my neck. The dime size amount just wasn't enough, even just for my face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Using the method described on the jar for the Epidermx is a little rough on the skin. I think by the time you get to the "balling" stage your face is a bit tender and not applying the needed pressure to get the balling effect.

What I've been doing (I use my Epidermx at least once no more twice a week) is apply as directed, then I let it sit for about a minute, then I begin the massage process. I find it balls up very nicely and doesn't leave me feeling raw or tender. Since doing this, I get great results and a very clean looking, fresh, glowing complexion.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
It balled for me, but honestly, I was kind of wondering all along if it's not just the cream itself rolling, not the skin.

Btw, it didn't work for me at all. Caused small white bumps which I never get otherwise.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
pumaka wrote:
It balled for me, but honestly, I was kind of wondering all along if it's not just the cream itself rolling, not the skin.

Btw, it didn't work for me at all. Caused small white bumps which I never get otherwise.

Don't know about the bumps (could it be taking off the dead layers covering the bumps?), but I do know that it's not just the cream. I use it 2 days post peel. By then I usually have a pretty obvious flakey thing going on. After finishing with the Epidermx my skin is very smooth. In addition (speaking solely for my own results, we're definitely all different in how we react to products) the amount of "stuff" that I roll off now that I use peels v/s before incorporating them is unreal!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Candy, I don't think it was that, my skin is pretty smooth with small pores (unless I get a stress-related cystic bump), so I'm sure I'd feel those bumps if they were underneath. They were small weird 1mm bumps, like a rash. I just think I reacted badly to either Epi itself or the Camellia oil. I've just accepted that some popular things don't work for me and that's okay.

By the way, I tried it 3 times (!), giving the skin about a week between each time and every time I got the same result. Finally I lost hope and dumped my sample.
Interloper
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Is one of the aims of epidermx to flatten skin? To reduce breakages? If not what is good for that?
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Candy,

what is your routine? I haven't heard of using the Epidermx with a peel. Are you doing home peels or derm office ones? What strengths and products are you using? Have you seen results/what kind of results? I have't thought of combining exfoliators. I would think it would be too harsh...but I guess you can see that I am intrigued... Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
deanne123 wrote:
Candy,

what is your routine? I haven't heard of using the Epidermx with a peel. Are you doing home peels or derm office ones? What strengths and products are you using? Have you seen results/what kind of results? I have't thought of combining exfoliators. I would think it would be too harsh...but I guess you can see that I am intrigued... Very Happy

Not "with" a peel...I'd erase my face! Shock It's a home gycolic peel (30%) from Platinum Skin Care. I've only used it 4x now, 1x per week, it's pretty gentle for me, the only stinging I had was the 1st time I used it. Says I can do 2, but I'm not that brave. I have seen results, and am pretty impressed overall. I'm getting to the point (after joining here and having to do and try EVERYTHING!) that I've pretty much nailed down my routine. So - I'm sure the peels haven't done it all, but helped along. My overall complexion is far more even now. A small red scar (cut received while working) on my right cheek has faded tremendously. My finer lines are gone or going. My deeper ones are less apparent.
I use the Epidermx usually the 2nd night after a peel as the sides of my nose and the outside lower part of my chin start to get flakey. Using the method I described using above is gentle enough to slough all of it off without harming the more delicate skin.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |