Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel - LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jamie630
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I don't have severe acne marks or scars, just a lot of red and brown marks left behind from pimples that take eons to fade -- if they go away at all. It makes my face look broken out, even when it's not. Last week, I bought the "Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel" and I swear, out of every skincare item I've ever bought in my life, this is the best, hands down. I've never gotten such fast results from a product before. And the fact that this is an acne mark fading product makes it even more impressive because people often have such slow, little results, or no results at all from mark fading products. I've been using it every day with no irritation whatsoever. I cleanse with Cetaphil and then leave a thin layer of the product on for 10 or 15 minutes. What's left is REALLY smooth, MUCH more even looking skin. The color of the mark doesn't completely fade, but the size is dramatically reduced that it's practically flat. Now just imagine how easy it is to put make-up on with a flat surface to work with! I'm also doing this other thing where if a new pimple comes up, I pop it (naughty me), wash the area, put the Neutrogena stuff on the spot, and leave it there for 20-30 minutes. When I rinse, the mark is still red, but there is no soreness, which is what I usually get after popping a pimple. In a few hours, the mark has significantly faded. When else would an acne mark fade from popping it?! This stuff is the best. I can pop a pimple and actually look forward to that mark fading in no time. Definitely a keeper! Oh and the smell is fine in my opinion. Pretty soon, the only cover-up I'll need is for my under eye circles. This is awesome.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I agree 100%! I love this stuff!!!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Now this does sound good!!!
Next time I am in Boots I will be searching for this, I have a tendency to be a closet spot squeezer, especially if I am bored and create a lot of unessesary scaring, this does sound like a HG product that could reverse my damage Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
what's the active ingredient in this?

glycolic? salicylic acid? what??

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
^^ I'd like to know as well.
This reminds me of St Ives acid peel. Strong stuff but made my skin very smooth
jamie630
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
the active ingredient is salicylic acid which made me not want to buy it because that usually only gives me slow results, if any at all. But it has some special ingredient called "CelluZyme". The back of the bottle says:
"Inspired by Dermatologist facial peels, this clinically proven formula with our exclusive CelluZyme Technology and Salicylic Acid, treats acne and gently exfoliates to reduce the appearance of post-acne marks with regular use."

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
darn, I can't use that salicylic acid stuff, gives me serious redness/rash/peeling.

I've got 3 scars right now that are sure taking their time to go away.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
lianne...I have had good results with Juice Beauty Green Apple peel. I think it has AHA's to do the dirty work...it works really well to lighten scars.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I'll have to look into that one and see what the ingredients are. Thanks for the suggestion.

Checked it out and it has salicylic acid too. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I've seen raves for this before but can't find it anywhere. I searched the Canadian Neutrogena website and it's not there and here is the automated answer when I type the 'acne fading peel' into the question box:

"At this time we do not offer a product that will reduce the appearance of acne scars. You may wish to discuss this matter with your physician or dermatologist for recommendations on the most appropriate products to use for your skin type."

Here's hoping they will bring the fading peel to Canada sometime very soon!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:
I've seen raves for this before but can't find it anywhere. I searched the Canadian Neutrogena website and it's not there and here is the automated answer when I type the 'acne fading peel' into the question box:

"At this time we do not offer a product that will reduce the appearance of acne scars. You may wish to discuss this matter with your physician or dermatologist for recommendations on the most appropriate products to use for your skin type."

Here's hoping they will bring the fading peel to Canada sometime very soon!

I saw it at Rexall drugstore yesterday. It's part of the same group of companies as Pharma Plus and I.D.A if that helps.
Dana26
5% products discount

Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
have anyone used this acne fading peel with Juice Beauty Green Apple peel? Will these be too much for skin? Thanks!
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this a few months ago and so very much wanted to love it, but... I couldn't stand the smell! Something about it made me feel nauseous.

I'm glad this is working out for you, I wish it had for me Smile

5% products discount

Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
LOL...I thought this was one of the worst smells ever too. After having to hold my breath the first few times, I finally got used to the stinky smell, so I don't even notice it now. I use it once a week and it makes my skin really smooth.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
How long does it take for a scar to completely fade? I'm not breaking out as much now but I got big clusters of acne scars. Sad I'm currently using the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel but it's not fading my scars fast enough.
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I use this with the Green Apple Peel.

I do one day Green Apple, skip a day, third day Neutrogena, fourth day skip,then continue. I increase to every other day when the weather is hot and humid, or it's that time of the month.
I thought it was working ok, until my mom showed me the pictures she had developed. It was a picture of me taken back in March, and my skin was so bad. I had marks everywhere. I look 100% better now, I can't believe how my skin has improved. I still have some marks, but I think they are newer.

Even when I use it every other day, it hasn't irritated my skin.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
jlrobatzek wrote:
I use this with the Green Apple Peel.

I do one day Green Apple, skip a day, third day Neutrogena, fourth day skip,then continue. I increase to every other day when the weather is hot and humid, or it's that time of the month.
I thought it was working ok, until my mom showed me the pictures she had developed. It was a picture of me taken back in March, and my skin was so bad. I had marks everywhere. I look 100% better now, I can't believe how my skin has improved. I still have some marks, but I think they are newer.

Even when I use it every other day, it hasn't irritated my skin.

Thanks. I'm going to get it now. It's on sale this week. Smile
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, this product sounds great! But unfortunately as usual it isn't available in Australia Rolling Eyes Maybe I can track it down somewhere online?! Think
Melasmaisew
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Try drugstore dot com. You can also see some more reviews there.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:58 am      Reply with quote
When I went to Walmart and Target, they did not seem to have it. Who sells this stuff in the U.S.? Large supermarkets, or what?!

I would love to try this stuff, for I've seemed to have developed scaring from acne back in middle and high school. Also, I've gotten some freckles Id love to get rid of... Rolling Eyes . Anyways, if anyone finds this somewhere please let me know where (other than online) Very Happy .
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:59 am      Reply with quote
sounds like a great item to have. though i can't find it in any drug stores near my place. is it a new item??
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone seen this Nuetrogena mask in Canada (Ontario)??

It was raved about on MUA a while back. Just wondering if it is now released in Canada.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
autumn wrote:
Has anyone seen this Nuetrogena mask in Canada (Ontario)??

It was raved about on MUA a while back. Just wondering if it is now released in Canada.

I've seen it at Shoppers Drug Mart, Pharma Plus/Rexall, Wal-Mart and Zellers.
Wal-Mart and Zellers carries it for $19.99 (the ones that I saw in Toronto).
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I finally gave in and got the peel on the weekend. I saw it everywhere I went and I figure it was a sign that I should get it. Very Happy I didn't like the smell but it did a great job. I had a huge blemish on my right cheek for a week and it hasn't gone down. After using this peel twice, it has gone down (almost flat). Also, I have noticed some lighting of the scars. I'm very impressed. Very Happy
jillian831
5% products discount

Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever tried this on melasma? I'm wondering if it might help fade that as well.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |