Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

new development of small bumps on face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
About 2 weeks ago, little bumps- whitish some redish- started showing up on my lower cheeks, chin and forehead. They look like they are clogged pores and now within the last few days it looks like a rash. I've never had this type of skin problem. Anyone know what it might be?

I started the OCM about 2 months ago and was having fabulous results. Other than that, not much has changed with the exception of addess stress (and I already had plenty before).

Crying or Very sad

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
hi amnis.... do these little bumps tend to be close together... then they form a rash looking thing?
do they itch?
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:
hi amnis.... do these little bumps tend to be close together... then they form a rash looking thing?
do they itch?

Darn it, I just responded and then I accidentily closed the window before I submitted. Anyway... take two:

Yes, they are close together and look like a rash. Sometimes it red a splotchy- sometimes not. They aren't quite whiteheads but are definitely a tiny bump. When I baloon my cheeks out I can really see the entire city of them. Sometimes they itch but not as bad as I have itched with other skin conditions (I have excema and I can get some crazy itchiness with it). Maybe this is a new type of eczema that my face is taking on. Whatever it is, it's so annoying. I don't need another face problem. I am worried it might be some kind of yeast folliculitis (I use Tazorac and Benzaclin). It started on my chin and then migrated around to my lower cheeks and forehead. This outbreak isn't just little bumps. I have had some cystic ones too. I just don't understand.... my pores were looking so good and all of a sudden- wham! Now I look like a little kid went crazy with a red marker and polka-dotted my face when I was asleep. Laughing

I have a derm appt Wednesday so hopefully my doc can help me out.

Do you have something in mind as to what it might be?

Thx!

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:09 am      Reply with quote
hi there....
your skin condition kinda sounds like mine.....
I have this timy bumps that are close together to form a raised(kinda rough patch)that looks like a rash. Sometimes they itch, sometimes they do not.
I went to the derm on Friday and he said that it is superficial and might started as an acne but then get some sort of bacterial infection (kinda gross). he told me to use OTC bacitracin ointment. But it does not raelly help.... the bumps are still there.....
Also, when I tried to pop the bumps(I know you are not supposed to)I did not see any puss coming out (or maybe its very little that I just could not see it)
Anyways, I have a follow up tomorrow...
Btw, what is Tazorac and Benzaclin?
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:40 am      Reply with quote
hm... I guess I should also added that I used the following new regimen about a week before theese little bumps appear:
-OCM
-psf O2 serum
-psf retinol

Could it be because I rubbed my face too harsh with OCM? Too much castor oil?
Or reaction from O2 serum and/or retinol?
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like we have the same thing going on. Rolling Eyes What type of skin do you have? What is your age? Do you have a history of acne?

Tazorac gel is a retinoid (similar to Retin A) and Benzclin is a combination of benzoyl peroxide and an antibiotic. Both are prescriptions. The Taz is supposed to help keep your pores clear so I don't know why I developed the little bumps (or have had such a bad acne flare-up for that matter!).

I am going to discontinue my OCM regimen and see if they go away. Sometimes if I gently scratch at bumps a couple of little "seeds" will come out. Kind of like a blackless open comedone. What kind of OCM formula do you use? I use a 40/60 (EVOO/CO) with 5-6 drops of geranium. I don't know if rubbing your face too harshly would cause the bumps. I always make sure I lightly rub my face with my washcloth instead of really scrubbing it.

I thought OCM was doing a great job... my pores were fantastically clear. Perhaps the bumps developed slowly over time as a rxn from the OCM. Who knows, maybe I developed a bacterial or yeast folliculitis from being in contact with my public library's computers every day (my computer broke down and I am shopping for a new one. Until then I am at the library every day.)

I went to the dermatologist today and I am annoyed because I felt so rushed. The doc didn't really answer my question about the little bumps. I should have directly asked him why I have them instead of saying "I don't know why I have developed these little bumpes- I thought Taz was supposed to prevent this". I got the idea that he blamed excess-oiliness for my little bumps. Despite the fact that he didn't directly answer my question I am pleased because in the last 12 years that I have going to a dermatologist he is the first one to prescribe an androgen receptor blocker (Alactone) which is supposed to lesson the amount of sebum my skin produces. Perhaps my acne problem is simply due to hormonal issues. I hope so... and I hope this med works.

PLEASE let me know what your derm says after your check up. I hope it goes well for you! Smile

roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
hi amnis....
I am 24 years old, combination skin. Never had any major acne problems before. Just occasional breakouts during pms and major stress(sigh).

The OCM that I used was 75% castor oil /25%
grapeseed oil. Maybe this is too strong for me.

Anyways..... In my follow up on Tuesday, the dermatologist think that my bumps are clearing out and he told me to continue using bacitracin ointment. When I asked him why this happened, he said that we hvae bacterias on our skin (this is normal) and when the bacterias got under the skin, then we get bacterial infection. He also said that having this bacterial infection is not a reflection of my hygiene. Also, he does not think that my bumps are anything serious.

My theory is that somehow, I scrubbed too hard with OCM and the bacteria started growing. Now I started to remember that the places where my bumps appear are the places that I scrubbed kinda hard with OCM. I have discontinued my OCM now. Even tho it has done a very good job to other part of my face, I just do not think I can resist the temptation not to scrub so hard.

Hm.. also, I used to have 5 patches of cluttered bumps that are kinda rough, and now I have 3. I guess I will continue using bacitracin til they all dissepear.

Hm... did you have a chance to ask your derm if this is bacteria and whether or not you should use bacitracin (or any other OTC ointment)?.
Do you still have these bumps now? And what meds did your derm tell you to use?

Oh... and also, in a totally unrelated question, my derm prescribed me duac (I am Asian and easily scarred, so I prefer not to have any pimples). Have you ever used this? I googled it, and it is supposed to be similar to Benzaclin. But I just checked the price yesterday, and holy *beep* it is so expensive.
my student insurance gives me discount but I still have to pay $75 (for 2 months. you have to discard it after 2 months. dunno why). If you ever used duac, how is it compare to benzaclin?
thanks.....
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I'm so sorry you ladies are having this problem. The biggest thing that I've noticed is you both are using waaayyy to much castor oil in your OCM. This could be contributing to you skin issues (I'm not a doctor and I don't know if it could cause those reactions, but I do know it couldn't help it).

I've found CO is one of those that less is more with the OCM. I started out at 1:1 with Olive oil and CO. After three days my face was so dry....I couldn't imagine going for months using a 75% CO to 25% OL! Shock My face would file for divorce if I tried!

My advice is to continue with the derm. doctors routine and to tone down the CO. Try 75% EVOO and 25% CO. My combination is 1:1:1 of CO, EVOO, Grapeseed oil. I"m still using the 25% CO and even that I've added less during the winter.

I hope this helps and that both your skin conditions improve!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
hi deanne123....
thats what i thought too.. too much castor oil, and it just irritated my skin Sad
anyways... thanks for the suggestion....
i also hope this whole nightmare will be over soon. Very Happy
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:
hi amnis....
I am 24 years old, combination skin. Never had any major acne problems before. Just occasional breakouts during pms and major stress(sigh).

The OCM that I used was 75% castor oil /25%
grapeseed oil. Maybe this is too strong for me.

Anyways..... In my follow up on Tuesday, the dermatologist think that my bumps are clearing out and he told me to continue using bacitracin ointment. When I asked him why this happened, he said that we hvae bacterias on our skin (this is normal) and when the bacterias got under the skin, then we get bacterial infection. He also said that having this bacterial infection is not a reflection of my hygiene. Also, he does not think that my bumps are anything serious.

My theory is that somehow, I scrubbed too hard with OCM and the bacteria started growing. Now I started to remember that the places where my bumps appear are the places that I scrubbed kinda hard with OCM. I have discontinued my OCM now. Even tho it has done a very good job to other part of my face, I just do not think I can resist the temptation not to scrub so hard.

Hm.. also, I used to have 5 patches of cluttered bumps that are kinda rough, and now I have 3. I guess I will continue using bacitracin til they all dissepear.

Hm... did you have a chance to ask your derm if this is bacteria and whether or not you should use bacitracin (or any other OTC ointment)?.
Do you still have these bumps now? And what meds did your derm tell you to use?

Oh... and also, in a totally unrelated question, my derm prescribed me duac (I am Asian and easily scarred, so I prefer not to have any pimples). Have you ever used this? I googled it, and it is supposed to be similar to Benzaclin. But I just checked the price yesterday, and holy *beep* it is so expensive.
my student insurance gives me discount but I still have to pay $75 (for 2 months. you have to discard it after 2 months. dunno why). If you ever used duac, how is it compare to benzaclin?
thanks.....

Glad to hear that your bumps are healing! No, my derm didn't say anythign about the bumps (again, I think he attributed it to my excessive oiliness and assummed that is what I understood). My fault for not asking better questions. My bumps are starting to surface and turn into little zits. Damn. My derm prescribed Alactone so I will see if that helps. Maybe if my oiliness gets toned down from deep within my skin, it will help.

After what deanne said it looks like it could have been too much CO. Since bumps/zits/whatever tend to show up weeks after using something (unless you have an allergic reaction) perhaps my bumps are an indication of too much CO since I started using it around 2 months preceeding my flare up.

Never tried Duac so I can't say much about that. I hate to spend all this money on skin care products too. But if it means that my life can be better as a result I am willing to sacrifice other things to afford the skin care stuff.

Hope the Duac works for you!

AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Amnis-I just started on Aldactone too for my hormonal outbreaks and excessive oiliness. How are you adjusting (it makes me tired!) and what mg are you taking? I am trying to work up to 100 a day but am starting at 25 to see how my body reacts. I can see the difference in one day, my skin feels tighter and less oily.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
hi amnis...
just wanted to see if your rash has gotten better. Something is wrong with my skin. The rash, which my derm thought was bacterial infection was gone on friday. But Saturday night, I was getting this painful horrible itch on the same exact patches on my face where my old rashes were.
It is very strange.... because I did not get those little bumps. Instead, my skin was swollen (like hives) and also red.
As of today, it is no longer swollen, but the skin is still red.
Anybody knows what this might be? Coulde it be an allergy reaction?
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Oh dear! Confused Do you use any EO in your OCM? You could have an allergy to it. I'm allergic to Sage so I steer clear of the Clary Sage to avoid a reaction.

See about getting an allergy test done. It might have nothing to do with your skin care, but an allergy in general. I really don't know. If your derm. doesn't know, then either see a different one or try the allergy route. I hope you are feeling better!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
thanks deanne123....
I no longer use OCM (maybe I will get back to it in the future). I also think it is allergy....
The derm is out of town, so I am gonna see my doc to see if she thinks I need allergy test done.
I really hope it is not skincare related, coz other part of my face that is not covered in rash is perfect..... Sad
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys, I'm sorry it took me a while to respond. Somehow I must have missed the alert via email that I had a response to this topic.

Anyway, I STILL have the darn bumps. Albeit, the formation of full blown pimples from them seems to be going down. I am freaking out though because I am going to a wedding next weekend and I wanted my skin to be more cleared up by then! Sad

roadtonowhere- that is strange that your bumps came back after stopping the antibacterial oinment. so sorry! Keep me updated.

AnnieR- how old are you and what is your history? Do you have acne/or are you acne prone? The Aldactone does not seem to make me tired. Of course I tend to have the opposite effects to medications than other people. In fact, I started taking melatonin at night to help me sleep. So, you are going to work up to 100mg? Is that what your doc is having you do? My doc didnt mention anything about this. I see him in a couple of weeks so I will ask. I forgot to ask him how soon it is that you see effects (such as less oil) from the medication after starting it. Did your doc mention anything about this? I am taking 25 mg 2x a day. Do you have excessive hair growth or anything? (If I grew the hair out on my chin I would have a goatee (sp?)- no joke!) I get dark course hairs on my chin and I have a lot of blonde "fuzz" on the sides of my face, on my chest between my boobs (not as much as the other places! but still...) and on my lower back. At least it's not course and dark in those places!

roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
amnis:
I went to the doctor wit the pic of my hives/rash (by the time I went to the dr, the rash/hives were gone), and she suspected some sort of allergy reaction. So I am gonna take an allergy test soon...
The weird thing is that the rash appears in the exact same spot where the old bymps were.
Weird.....
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:11 am      Reply with quote
My derm said that I could go up to 100 if I could tolerate it and the bumps did not disappear. He prescribed it for hormonal acne, little bumps that had started appearing on my chinline and excessive
oily skin on my scalp. I was also having breakouts on my hairline. I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago and it slowly began to get worse (I am 43 now). I think I will stick to the 50mg because it seems to be starting to work and the skin is starting to dry up. I did not have the facial hair growth, but the hair follicles were starting to clog up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:21 am      Reply with quote
I too have been using the OCM for the past 2 months and began to get little red bumps all over my chin. I finally decided to stop using the OCM and 2 days later hte bumps are starting to disappear! I experimented with all different kinds of ratios while making it. I dont usually wear make u so right now I am just using a cucumber facial wipe and hte ACV afterwards and things are getting back to normal, I think the OCM was just too much for my skin.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
canadagal... it is interesting that you are also getting these bumps....
what is this cucmber facial wipe that you are using?
is it homemade?
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
My derm said that I could go up to 100 if I could tolerate it and the bumps did not disappear. He prescribed it for hormonal acne, little bumps that had started appearing on my chinline and excessive
oily skin on my scalp. I was also having breakouts on my hairline. I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago and it slowly began to get worse (I am 43 now). I think I will stick to the 50mg because it seems to be starting to work and the skin is starting to dry up. I did not have the facial hair growth, but the hair follicles were starting to clog up.

I am surprised that you are having oily skin after your hysterectomy. At age 32 my mom had one right after I was born. She had extremely oily skin before it and then after it her skin really dried up. I wonder why yours isn't? Are you on an hormone replacement therapy?

AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
No because I have one ovary left. The oiliness and chin breakout started slowly and then really got bad. That's why I am on such a low dose and once it gets under control I am to cut back to just 25 mg. and then taper off.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Sorry.. wanted to see how Annis and AnnieR are doing!..

I've started getting clusters of bumps on my cheeks since coming back from HK in Dec.. I also started using cleansing oil at around the same time.

So I wonder if the OCM has anything to do it..

And I've also booked an appt to my derm, I hope I can get some Aldactone.. Has it helped you ladies over the long term?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Amaska-thanks for asking. I am no longer on the aldactone, very short-lived trial run. It really made my skin dehydrated and threw off my ability to use Proheal and Active Serums. Once I got my skin back under control with Obagi Active (very short term usage required) I was back to using my IS clinical. Then I got my Baby Q, which took care of the chin breakouts and hormonal acne stuff. Hadn't had a problem since. I also can now use Decleor oils at night for extra hydration, which actually balances out my skin nicely. I can't use the oils for cleansing at all though, they break me out and cause milia (the tiny seed-like bumps).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
amaska wrote:
Sorry.. wanted to see how Annis and AnnieR are doing!..

I've started getting clusters of bumps on my cheeks since coming back from HK in Dec.. I also started using cleansing oil at around the same time.

So I wonder if the OCM has anything to do it..

And I've also booked an appt to my derm, I hope I can get some Aldactone.. Has it helped you ladies over the long term?

Wow, blast from the past! (You don't have to apologize, amaska!)

Thankfully, I don't have those annoying bumps anymore. It improved over time I think with the help of the Aldactone (I am still on it) and recently in the last two months I have seen great success with using Zenbiotics. My pores are clearer than ever. Very Happy I think the OCM just didn't work for me, unfortunately. Maybe I wasn't able to remove all of the CO oil from my skin so it therefore suffocated it? Confused In your case, I just am not sure. Many people see "purging" in the beginning of using OCM so perhaps that is what your skin is doing? If it is purging then with my skin it started purging and kept on going... Laughing

Let me know how your derm appt goes!

AnnieR- that's nice that you do not have to take the Aldactone any longer. If I had the choice, I wouldn't be taking it either (simply b/c I would prefer not to be on prescription medications) but it has made such a huge improvement in my skin that I don't know if I could stay off of it. Maybe I will try going off of it in a few months... I am also happy for you that your Baby Q is working so well! Smile

Rockerchic54

Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have those small bumps on my face that look like an ugly rash and my mother thinks its heat rash still and the messed up part is I'm paying for my derm appointment out of my college funds...
I wanted to know what worked for you all so I can ask my derm...
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |