Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
My dog ate my Jojoba oil!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
So I get home from work yesterday and the first thing I see when I open the door was my empty, chewed-up bottle of jojoba oil. Shock I was so mad at my stupid dog. It's been sitting in the same place on my bathroom counter for months and she's never touched it until now. So take this as a warning if you use jojoba and have a dog. Apparently it does taste yummy to them!

The worst thing about it was that all night I kept smelling dog poo. I figured she'd probably lost control and had an accident from all of that oil, but I never could find anything. When I was getting ready for bed, I decided to check my dog because it still smelled sooo strong. I had her lay down and I started to look at her feet. That's when I heard her butt grumble so I looked up and noticed her tail was completely covered in oil! That's where the stink was coming from. GROSS! :-&
natsumi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
how funny! (in hindsight) i have 2 mini dachshunds and one of them has been getting into everything lately. it started with chewy granola bars - we had a Costco size box on the kitchen floor that had been there for at least 2 months. they're individually wrapped so i hadn't thought about it being a problem. then one day, we came home to find FOUR torn open, empty wrappers on the sofa, and one untouched one on the pillows where they hang out. apparently she got too full to finish the fifth one. Smile afterwards we had to laugh about, and still do, the image of her in seventh heaven going back for as many granola bars as she wanted.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
TAM~~

Not to poke fun of your missing jojoba oil--BUT your story is TOOOOOOOOO funny Laughing Laughing

Reminds me when I was taking a nice warm bath a few weeks ago and I smelt something bad. I kept sniffing, course I didn't wanna get out of my bath but my bedroom was starting to reak Shock I finally got out of the tub earlier than I would have liked and found that my stupid cat took a crap right on top of my bed Brick wall . . SHEESH--gotta love our pets. Very Happy
Damn cat couldn't crap EARLIER that night..no she had to wait unti I shut my door and was relaxing in the bath.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
LOL Lifeplyr! Laughing Cats are funny aren't they? I've had several throughout my life and each one is totally different. My sweet, fat tabbycat now is the funniest cat I've ever known. She goes insane for lint rollers, LOVES queso and saltine crackers (not together), and refuses to look at me when I'm trying to take her picture. She'll just squint her eyes, keep her head turned and cry the entire time. She also cries everytime I sneeze or do dishes. They are SO picky, but that's why I love them!
The Jerk

Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy
Now I remember why I don't have pets.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
The Jerk wrote:
Very Happy
Now I remember why I don't have pets.
All I can say is: you don't know what you are missing!

Miss Aggie - I kept waiting for the part of your story where you told us that the jojoba oil had had a laxative effect on your poor dog! But I guess flatulating (is that a proper word?!) oil was the next best thing...I mean, the next WORSE thing! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:21 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Miss Aggie - I kept waiting for the part of your story where you told us that the jojoba oil had had a laxative effect on your poor dog!

When I walked in my house that day that's EXACTLY where I thought this story was going. But, I guess she was able to hold it b/c I never found any surprises anywhere. She just couldn't hold the oil, it slipped right through! :-& By the way she's still licking the carpet daily. Even though I can't visibly still see the jojoba, I guess she can still taste it. Looks like I'll be spending my Saturday morning with my steam cleaner. Mad ....Laughing
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Hey...why isn't the puke face working? I can see it on the emoticons, but when I put it in my replies it just shows up as the individual characters: :-&
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
This reminds me of a German Shepherd we had with a wicked sweet tooth we found out about when, one night, she started throwing up peppermint patties--foil wrappers and all-- she had found in my daughter's Easter basket...she had left it on her bedroom floor and the dog scoffed them down when no one was home. So I told my daughter not to leave any candy where the dog could get it or keep her door shut when not home. Halloween comes...and a few days later I come home from work to find foil wrappers scattered on the floor and up the stairs. Yup...she left her halloween bag on the floor in her room--door open--and the dog helped herself again. But this time she unwrapped the candy before she ate it Shock Smart dog...not so smart kid Confused
Mabsy

Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Hey...why isn't the puke face working? I can see it on the emoticons, but when I put it in my replies it just shows up as the individual characters: :-&

This one has always been a bit buggy on EDS. Shame, because it does come in handy sometimes Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
So TAM I was wondering just HOW did your dog get the oil out of the bottle?? Smart cookie to be able to unscrew it! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Lifeplyr01 wrote:
So TAM I was wondering just HOW did your dog get the oil out of the bottle?? Smart cookie to be able to unscrew it! Wink

Well, I guess it's my fault really. For some reason when she was a pup, and even still, she loved to tear/chew up plastic things (i.e. plastic coat hangers). So, every now and then I would give her an empty water bottle to tear up in order to satisfy that need, but in a postive and monitored way. Well, from that she learned how to screw off the caps. That's the first thing she does when I give her one and then she tosses the bottle around like a soccer ball before finally crushing it too. Can you tell she really needs a play buddy? My fat tabby cat won't have anything to do with her. Laughing
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing I can just see her running around chasing the bottle of jojoba (gotta get it open, gotta get it open).

She sounds adorable! Ever trick her and give her a bottle of bitters? That'll do the trick Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
My dogs love to try to lick off creams (even suntan lotion). These don't taste good (when I have then on my lips they taste bad). It's funny they really are crazy to lick off cream.

P.S. I love dogs I've always had pets can imagine life without them.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE all animals! I actually went to college to become a veterinarian, but my 3rd year there I lived with a 1st year vet student and decided that was NOT what I wanted to do. Besides, it's harder to get in to vet school at A&M then it is to medical school, since it's the only vet program in Texas (and the best in the country!).

It's still my dream one day to open a large no-kill shelter for all of those stray and abandonded babies out there. I'd love to be able to find good homes for each of them!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:19 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I LOVE all animals!
I adore all critters too -- with the possible exception of scorpions and fire ants -- but I don't think I could ever work at a vet or animal shelter because it would break my heart to have to watch owner's have to make the heartbreaking decision to put a beloved family member down, or see an abused animal or an animal in any type of pain. It tears me up to think about any of those things, which is why I can't even watch the "animal police" shows or "Vet ER" type shows on the Animal Planet channel. I guess I'm a wuss! But everyone in my town knows I'm a sucker for stray animals so they dump all of their unwanted critters in my yard because they know I'll take care of them. I work with one of my co-workers to rescue them by catching/trapping, taking them to the vet for treatment/testing/vaccinations, then lobbying my friends to adopt them which can be -- needless to say -- a very EXPENSIVE hobby. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a total sucker for most animals but my dogs have me wrapped around their paws!!! I have an iditorod-trained alaskan husky (and NO I would never dream of racing my dogs...)who is the most handsome animal ever and it's a good thing. He's loveable but just soooooooooooooo dumb...laughing.

Our other dog is an american eskimo. Adorable, smart as a whip, and a TOTAL terrorist. Last month he developed a toilet paper fetish ! We would come home and find toilet paper streamers everywhere. Seemed his greatest joy was to grab the end of the roll and go prancing around the house, up and down the stairs etc. We have 4 bathrooms and he is VERY thorough...

He seems to have grown bored with THAT routine, at least for now. On Sunday, I was here alone and decided to treat myself to a long, luxurious bath. I made myself a tall margarita, turned out the lights, lit candles and poured this delicious bath oil that I got as a gift in the tub. Admittedly, the fragrance was damn close to freshly baked cookies. There I was, laying back with my eyes closed and half asleep when SPLASH !!!! - my eskie just dove into the tub. Oh god I wanted to kill him. He's NEVER done anything like that before and I can only guess he thought he was in hot pursuit of a cookie.... Laughing
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Laughing katee! That's too funny. The absolute worst (but also most hysterical) is when my silly cat tries to cross the tiny window sill above my bath. Every now and then she'll decide to turn around mid-way and because she's so fat, she loses her balance and falls in right on top of me. Have you ever seen a cat fall in a bathtub full of water? Well, you'd think she was being electricuted because she basically just starts convulsing all over the place scrambling to get out. Of course I'm pretty much doing the same thing, panicking to get a 15 lb flailing cat with sharp claws off of me and out of the water. Now THAT will wake you up in the morning! Laughing
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I love these pet stories Exclamation Exclamation Laughing

Thanks for sharing Laughing

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |