Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
The cruel reality of eye wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bridget
5% products discount

Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I think the reality is finally hit me: nothing, short of Botox, can help with eye wrinkles.

This is a sad realization for me, because they're the number one thing I don't like about my appearance when I look at myself in the mirror.

But let's face it, no ointment, no cream, no microdermabrasion, no glycolic peel, is going to stop me from smiling, squinting, frowning, and making these furrows deeper, as the skin around my eyes gets thinner with age.

Not considering Botox, so I'll guess I'll just have to live with these ugly puppies! Mad

I guess I'm secretly hoping someone will swoon in and contradict me, but let's face reality, ladies, we all know it's true!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I get Botox injections, it works. With time, you'll be able to go longer between injections. I do use products to help my skin, JB skin prep, ADCE, DermaExcel 7, Vit C serum.

Be sure to wear sunglasses so you don't squint when you are outside.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree with you about the wrinkle theory around the eyes. Moisturizers make wrinkles LOOK better and thats about it.
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I was actually just about to post about eye wrinkles...

When did you start seeing your first fine lines under eyes and in the corners? I'm 26 and I see them already. Is that too early? It's never a good time for wrinkles, but... you know what I mean.
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm 25 and I have them. I started noticing them around the time when I turned 24, but they were more in the "fine line" category then, and, over the past year and a half, have deepened to the point where they are undeniable, in any sort of light.

I feel too young to have them as deep as they are... I look around and I think I'm about 2-3 years ahead of my peers in this aging process. My lines are more almost genuine wrinkles at this point, and I've got some crow's feet developing...while I look around to my friends and see more like, the start of fine lines, if anything. The ones who don't seem to have any lines are those who have always had baby faces or have been meticulous about staying out of the sun.

But I do think 25/26 is a typical age to start noticing the "fine lines." My cousin told me she started freaking out about the lines when she was around 26. She reassured me that over time you stop freaking out and get more comfortable in your skin. I hope that's the case, because right now, it seems like to couldn't suck harder.
jehjahlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I started using olive oil, which can also be mixed with emu oil, on my skin and it really helps to plump and firm up the skin around my eyes. Also I use glycolic acid lotion from heavenly skin and retinol from skinceuticals, alternating the two, and it has really seemed to firm up and smooth out the skin around my eyes. Hyaluronic acid might help too, as it helps re-hydrate the skin and also helps repair and restore skin's elasticity. I have even used St. Ives cucumber gel around the area and it seems to help tighten and hydrate the skin, especially if it is loose and dry.
Rogneda
5% products discount

Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
jehjahlu wrote:
I started using olive oil, which can also be mixed with emu oil, on my skin and it really helps to plump and firm up the skin around my eyes. Also I use glycolic acid lotion from heavenly skin and retinol from skinceuticals, alternating the two, and it has really seemed to firm up and smooth out the skin around my eyes. Hyaluronic acid might help too, as it helps re-hydrate the skin and also helps repair and restore skin's elasticity. I have even used St. Ives cucumber gel around the area and it seems to help tighten and hydrate the skin, especially if it is loose and dry.

I too find that Hyalauronic acid helps plump up lines, though it makes my entire face kinda poofy too Rolling Eyes I'm in my early 20's and begining to see my first fine lines. I've started using retinol under my eye area. Hopefully that will prevent any serious wrinkles from forming.
~R

Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi..Do you mean that there is no solution for those fine lines under the eye and not in the corner?

5% products discount

Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
my mum uses PSF's Browtox with good results for her crow's feet and other wrinkles on her face.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Does Browtox have that Argerline in it? Not hearing good things about that. I mean if it "relaxes" muscles and lines what happens when you stop? SAG!

I'm feeling as disenchanted as the original poster. I am a resistant Botox patient. In fact , my injector calls me her "forever frowner" I need way more than the ave person. I was due this month to have more and was told that I'll need like almost 100 ccs to get the effect I want.

This place was so generous with me in the past. 1 month after my injections in Nov she let me kcome in for more b/c she THOUGHT maybe I had a bad batch or something. I came in Jan and she basically gave me another 2 ccs free of charge just to make sure. So I know they are not just trying to get money. I had $1000 worth free of charge. But I can't continue with this, I just can't bnring myself to pay so much for something so superficial and temporary. So I guess I'm stuck as well.

If I SAVE my money, to me it would be best just to have the surgery like a lower bleph and just remove that extra skin. I mean it is EXTRA skin, no topical can do anything with that. I'd rather save the money I'd spend on Botox over the years which would add up to thousands and spend it on something that will LAST, you know?

But WHO knows when that can happen? so I'm a little, no more than a little...I'm REALLY bummed about it. Crying or Very sad

Oh well, sorry to vent...

Wendy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |