Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
itchy hives
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jewels

Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
hi,
if anyone has this INNOYING Sad problem please give me advice...
2 days ago i woke up with itchy red bumps on my body,(they go away during the day)after 2 nights of this crappy situation i went to see my doctor and he told me that its hives. i got medication and in the last 2 nights i did not get anything. the thing is i have to see what is causing this. he told me it could be a reaction to food,detergent,stress anything...(i am not stress) Very Happy today i did laundry and did not get hives but i felt like some parts of my body that i might of touched with my hands felt itchy and was burning a little.(but no symptom on my body) does anyone get symptoms like this?? and what do you use for relief? Crying or Very sad and i've been using this laundry detergent for 3 months about and never had a reaction before i just really dont want those hives to come back.....thanks
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi, hives can be so aggravating. I hope you are feeling alright. I don't know if I can be much help. I have only gotten hives twice in my life. As a kid, I got them any time I drank Hawaiian Punch, so I know you can get them from food. The other time it was a contact dermatitis that resulted from a build up of metal that went past my body's tolerance level, so I also know you can get hives over time and from touching something. For me it was nickel. Nickel can be found in earrings and other jewelry, zippers, belt buckles, etc...even paper clips. Have you gotten any new jewelry lately? These are just two ideas. I find the Aveeno oatmeal bath to be incredibly comforting for hives. I hope you find the culprit!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I second the aveeno oatmeal bath!

Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
thank you for the advice... i will try the aveeno. i will let you know how it goes
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I had hives on and off for two years before my doctor did a blood test & found out that I had become allergic to wheat. So, believe me, I know how you feel. The only thing that worked for me (until I cut the wheat out of my diet) was benedryl. But it makes you so drowsy. If you talk to your doctor, he should be able to give you another allergy pill like Allegra or something that does not cause drowsyness. Does your insurance cover allergy testing?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried the topical benadryl cream? I get patches of hives from some dogs' saliva (not my dogs, fortunately...), and the benadryl instantly relieves the itching and makes the hives disappear very quickly. This isn't getting at the source for you, but at least it's a comfort when you don't have time for an Aveeno bath.

Please let us know how you're doing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I second pbsadhaka's advice. If covered -- go for the allergy test. I just had one done in Jan 06 and it turns out I'm allergic to Sage and mesquite (?). It really answered my questions on why I have been having such a problem since I moved to Arizona!! There is mesquite, like, every 10 feet here!! (Old West-whatever Speak to the hand )!! Who knew? I thought it was just a flavoring for BBQ sauce! Laughing
Anyway, it turns out I have allergic asthma (which I found out last year when I developed an allergy to cats). Our bodies react differently to various threats within our environment such as hives, sneezing, itchy eyes, asthma, etc. It is weird though how we can develop an allergy to stuff we had no problem with before. Rolling Eyes The human body is so weird.

I've just started my 'allergic to Arizona' shots and I'm taking advair, claritin, and flonase to control my allergy until the shots kick in. I hope you are able to identify what is causing your hives.

One product I found is the hypoallergenic ALL for laundry. I have been using this for 4 years. My roommate clued me in when he saw how much we were spending on Dreft for our newborns clothes. Nick (who was so bored when he first started working at Target) discovered that the laundry detergent Dreft was essentially the same as the detergent ALL put out for Babies (no scents or dyes etc). I looked into it and he was right...Dreft cost us around $6.99, but Baby ALL was around $2.99. This was a while ago and when cost started going up I noticed ALL was not only cheaper, but the hypoallergenic ALL (32 loads) was cheaper than the Baby ALL (28 Loads). I'm no chemist, but it looked like the BABY ALL and Hypoallergenic ALL were the same = no dyes, scents, etc. I've been buying that ever since. I pay about $3.89 now and it is just one thing (detergent) I can rule out for skin allergies.

HTH someone out there and it has saved us a bit of money in the long run. Plus ALL has coupons all the time. I haven't seen any for Dreft (but to be fair I don't look for them). Cool

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |