Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Waxing problems! Please HELP!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Gumby_351

Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

this is my first post here.
I decided to begin waxing and thought i'd start off by exoliating everyday using a special ingrown hair lotion [day and night] and srubing with an exfoliating towel and scrub to prevent ingrown hairs.
I did this for a week before waxing.

I tryed to wax myself on Wednesday,started off on my arms and realised it just wasn't for me [i had patches on my arms of hair]and noticed the pinprick dots everywhere, so i went on Friday to a salon to finish my arms off and my upper body [chest/stomach].

I honestly really really regret it. My forearms have developed these red/brownish little dots every where, and my entire stomach and chest has brocken out in pimples and cysts.

The red dots have been on my fore arms for 5 days now, and still look the same, though the red dots on my hands disappeared in 24 hours. Aren't they all meant to disppear within a couple of days?

Are these dots permanent? What are the pimples/cysts on my chest and stomach [how do i tell if they are ingrown hair?]and how long till they clear up? I noticed when i strain my arm [for example holding something], the dots flare up more [more noticeable], seems like they are a "window" into my blood vessels.

Please help guys, im really really down, any information would be great.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Gumby!

So sorry to read about your experience.

It sounds like you've shocked your skin. I would guess that you over did it a bit with all that exfoliation before you waxed - it's very probable you sensitized your skin. It's better to exfoliate a few times a week after one has waxes - to prevent ingrown hairs.

The lady who waxed you in the salon, did she ask you about the spots on your arms / did you tell her you'd waxed your arms yourself? Cause seeing you did have an adverse reaction to waxing it's a bit unprofessional to go ahead and wax you. IMO she should have spot treated / tested you before waxing the whole lot.

I would go back to the salon and show what has happened and ask for help.

The dot's should not be permanent. And the pimples on your chest are not ingrown hairs, it's too soon after your waxing for that plus the probability of getting that many ingrowns after a waxing is next to nonexisting.

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Gumby_351

Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:16 am      Reply with quote
thank you for that Smile

ok, just got back from the doctors.
What i have is folliculitis, meaning i get an infection from waxing.
If you react immediatly or within a day to waxing [react as in bad red pimple/cyst breakouts] then you have folliculitis, as appose to regular ingrown hair which forms only when the hair begins its regrowth.

If its just an adverse reaction, folliculitis will settle on it own within a couple of weeks, however antibiotics can speed things up. I'm also taking bromelain to speed up the inflamation process as well.

As for the red dots, its part of the reaction, and could take anywhere between 1 week to 2 months after waxing. Just be greatful it will be gone one day Wink
Mabsy

Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:26 am      Reply with quote
Did your Dr say why you got folliculitis after the waxing? As in, is your skin too sensitive too handle the waxing or was it something to do with the wax or technique that was the issue?

I hope it calms down and heals quickly for you! Btw, apparently you can speed up the healing by incorporating a tea tree oil wash or spray. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:40 am      Reply with quote
Am glad to hear you've got help! And I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
OMG< I had my arms waxed earlier this year and I got HUGE painful bumps all over my arms Exclamation
It was a terrible experience for me. I applied hydrocortisone for about a week and the bumps subsided. The esthetician (who I personally know and trust was shocked Exclamation) She is very highly trained and said she had never seen this happen before. Thank goodness it went away. I recommend based on my experience, if you have never waxed a particular area before that you do a patch test firstespecialy if you have reative skin. Dummy me, wish I would have thought of that and my esty friend too.

I hope you feel better soon, I know how you feel Sad

Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
thank guys,
hopefully this goes to a warning to anyone who plans to wax.

I just bought some vitamin E cream, to incorporate with my hydrocortisone and aloe vera gel.
I've stoped applying the ingrown hair solution to my forearms because i noticed it irritated the red dots more. Also it removes the top layers of skin, so i believe it is slowing down the healing process.

Mabsy- some people are just incapable of been waxed, there skin doesn't like it and developes somekind of bacteria where the follicle lies. There is no way waxing is for me, i beg all "wax virgins" to do a test patch on each body part they plan to wax. Its not good enough to do the test patch on there leg, then go wax there arm. Different body parts have different types of hair, and react differently.

I waxed a week in advance because i rented a room out for my and my girlfriend, its going to be our first time doing anythig like this, please learn from my mistakes.

I honestly hope the red dots disapear by friday, i can wait the pimples on my stomach and chest out a bit longer- there easy to hide unlike my arms in the hot australian weather.

hope this helps someone
thanks guys
Gumby_351

Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Update:

Ok, so i went to see my Plastic Surgeon regarding the red makrs.
He said its a post inflamtory pigmentation, in other words the skin has been irritated which has caused the red colour. Everyone is different, some people take a couple a month, others take up to 2 years to clear up.

He put me on a HydroQuinone cream at 5percent [bleaching cream] to rub on day and night to fade out the colour over the next 3 months. I am also applying a topical retinoid at night 15 minutes after my HQ cream.

So i'll give it 3 months to see how i go, he told me come off it once the desired bleaching affect has been achieved which could come as early as the 1st month, but time will tell, everyone responds differently. I am going for another consultation tomrow regarding a possibly stronger Hydroquinone cream which only requires a month to have its full effect. Wish me luck, ill keep you updated.

WARNING! Please do a test patch on your skin before you wax, you dont want what i have. Do a small area and see how long the red dots take to fade, then make a decision if your prepared to wait that long after waxing.

take care
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |