Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

skin peeling/rough with PSF Vitamin C cream.???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aquablue
5% products discount

Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Just started using the 12 percent vitamin C PSF rescue serum. After 2 days of use, my forehead skin is all rough to the touch, is peeling (has white shreds of skin in certain places). It has happened on a small portion of my face, but most of my lower face seems fine. Is my skin too senstive, did I use too much, or is this a normal stage? Will my skin get used to it? Any reccomendations?

Thanks
AD
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
hi aquablue,

i've been using this serum for a few months and haven't had this problem. i use about 4 drops, one drop at a time, to do each cheek, my forehead then my nose and chin.

maybe you are using too much? are you using any other exfoliation products at the same time because that can be bad.

i'm sure someone else will have some advice for you.

Kiwigirl.

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:16 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure on this either. Vit C can be drying but I doubt it would happen this quickly. I'd stop using it and email PSF for advice, also let them know what else you're using to see if maybe it's an interaction with something.

Do you feel any stinging when you apply the vit C?

5% products discount

Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks. Very little tingling, only slightly.

Also, I'm using the PSF moisturizer over it.

Used to use differin, but not anymore for a while. Using a gentle clenser from Perricone with Vitamin C ester and DMAE.

Thanks
Alan
Mabsy

Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Slight tingling is normal on the beginning, so it doesn't sound like your skin is too sensitive to it. It may not like the base that it's in?

Are you exfoliating on a regular basis? If not then I would suggest you incorporate a regular exfoliation routine. It would be interesting to see what would happen if you exfoliated your face right now and used the vit C again. Perhaps it's just a patch of skin that has build-up of dead skin on top? That would explain the roughness as well...

5% products discount

Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I thought Vitamin C was an exfoliater? Are you suggesting something like AHA for exfoliation?
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
What else is in the formula? I use a 12% C (Cellular Skin Rx) and no peeling at all. So I doubt the percentage is too high. Is there perhaps something else in the solution that your skin doesn't like...Of course, then your entire face should be peeling. Hmmm.

It's true that C is slightly exfoliating but not to the extent you are describing. Have you added anything else new to your routine lately?
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
just a thought, but are you tanning your face???

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:59 am      Reply with quote
aquablue wrote:
I thought Vitamin C was an exfoliater? Are you suggesting something like AHA for exfoliation?

I'm thinking of just a scrub to take off any dead skin. I do recall reading that vit C has some exfoliating effects but I would in no way rely on it to do that.

5% products discount

Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, my forehead is clearing up, and i'm using much less C now. I will try this for a while, to see if it re-occurs or not.

For exfoliation, given that I have acne problems, should I go with BHA or AHA cleansers?

Is differin an exfoliation cream. I used to use this.

Thanks
Mabsy

Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
aquablue wrote:
For exfoliation, given that I have acne problems, should I go with BHA or AHA cleansers?

AHA is more for surface exfoliation whereas BHA can penetrate the pore - so BHA is the acid of choice for preventing acne (e.g. salicylic acid). Still, since the AHA exfoliates on the surface it can also prevent acne by removing the dead skin buildup which blocks pores. If you can find a combination of AHA and BHA that would be even better IMO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Peter Thomas Roth do an AHA / BHA combo lotion that might do the trick although it's not a cleanser: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/peter-thomas-roth-aha-bha-p_1012.htm. It has 10% AHA and 2% BHA.
I've used some of the PTR products in the past (not this particular one admittedly) and liked them - before moving on to stronger glycolics I used the PTR 10% clarifying one, and it was freshening but not too drying for my combo skin.
System
Automatic Message
Sat May 25, 2024 4:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz) Blinc  Original Tubing Mascara - Black (5 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |