Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What can I do about these wrinkles?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, when I don't smile I don't see wrinkles (thank you Restylane for no vertical lip lines!, and hoping Botox will eventually take care of the 11's). Now, when I smile, I have lines all around my eyes and my left cheek (what I sleep on all the time). Is there anyone else who has this problem and what can be done about this? TIA!
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Doesn't everyone have lines when they smile? I'm pretty sure that's just the natural result of the smiling expression. Honestly, I wouldn't be concerned if they're only around when you smile.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Janis wrote:
Doesn't everyone have lines when they smile? I'm pretty sure that's just the natural result of the smiling expression. Honestly, I wouldn't be concerned if they're only around when you smile.

amen!

Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Ok, thanks, I do feel a little better. My husband bought me a digital camera and he and my son were taking my picture and when I saw myself smiling I thought OMG, I look 60 years old when I smile! The right side of my face is not that way at all. I guess all the years of driving w/o sunscreen and sleeping always on my left side just have made my face like that!
Elfie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Too many women are "getting rid" of all their wrinkles and in my opinion losing alot of character in their faces. Some lines (trust me, not all) add beauty to a face. Someone famous (Coco Chanel?) said something along the lines-don't airbrush out my wrinkles, I worked too hard for them.

That being said, I'm getting Botoxed next month. Like I said, not all lines are good.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
That's funny Elfie! I just got "botoxed" too, only on my 11's. I am still searching for a holy grail product and I just can't find one that I just love!
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Janis wrote:

I might only be 21, but when I smile I have no signs at all of lines on my skin..on the contrary, some girls (and even younger girls i've noticed) have the bagginess/wrinkles appear when they smile. I think it has to do with genetics and extra skin around eyes...it's the same with people that get extreme mouth lines or lines on the forehead.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl,
I just started to notice the same thing once I hit my mid 30s. I actually appreciate these lines because they look real - as long as they don't freeze in that position!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Exactly, I don't want them to freeze either! Laughing
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I had lots of wrinkles when I smile but it is much better now since using the anti-wrinkes cream.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:15 am      Reply with quote
bb2000 - what cream/s do you use?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:35 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl, since I've been using Obagi and Retin A, DMAE with HA acid and Revive Volumizing Serum, those lines just above my cheekbones are gone, even when I smile. Obagi Blender is mixed with Retin a to help it penetrate deeper. DMAE tightens skin up and HA Acid plumps thing up a bit. That combo is what I give credit to make the lines disappear. Ihave a pic taken over the summer of my smiling and Arrrgh, how awful I looked. Now Muuuuuch better.

These products are and will always be my staples in skin care.

PM me if you have any questions.
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
When someone genuinely smiles, no notices her wrinkles!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:40 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy - unfortunately, I am one of the few obagi did not work on. I was on it for 6 full weeks. My face felt like a greaseball! I am getting a peel here shortly, but not a "deep" one, so probably won't do much for the wrinkles.
Rosyface- hope you are right! I am going on vacation soon to see my family and my sister, whom I love dearly, is very critical!
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
It kind of makes me sad to hear people worrying about lines on their face when you smile. Come on now! Your face is supposed to be full of expression when you're smiling, and those lines just show your smile is genuine. I don't think it is anything for anyone to worry about.

I have mega-lines when I smile, always have, and they're of course getting deeper as I get older. But I actually think they're kind of cute and give me an "expressive" face.

Now, as for them sticking around when I'm NOT smiling, I could do without THAT, for damn sure! Rolling Eyes
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Obagi is meant to be used for 18 24 weeks. although I had good results mostly from the hyperpigmentation issues, you really have to give it more time. did someone tell you 6 weeks was enough. 6 weeks is ONE cycle. 3 cycles is the minimum to be done for your skin to change.

AND I'm suprised it made you a "greaseball" Which form of Retin A did you use? Gel, Cream, Retin A Micro, Tarzac....you need to have the right one for YOUR skin.

If you do add anything, use Retin A. It is PROVEN to help with wrinkles. And DMAE is good for tightening as well. Like I said before, I have a compounding pharmacy put together DMAE with Hyaluronic Acid. GREAT combo. Plus most products out there with DMAE only have 3%, my formulation has 6% so it is stronger.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
To riley girl.
I use Yvesrocher wrinkle soothing eye cream in the day time and Sisleya eye cream from Sisley at night. I noticed that I got less wrinkles when I smile and it is much firmer around my eyes area. I have already used up the whole bottle of Yvesrocher so probably it works good on me. The Sisley eye cream which is quite expensive was a gift from my sister. Maybe she wants me to look younger, haha! Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks bb2000! Very Happy
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I've got the smiley wrinkles, too, but not too much. I think using Retin-A under and around my eyes (the orbital area)plus sunscreen all the time has helped to thicken that skin so I crinkle up when I smile but I don't feel like it's shocking or something like that. Even children form folds and lines when they grin. Very Happy
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
my crows feet have almost vanished when face is relaxed (yay, hard work complete!.. vit. c, enzymes, microderm, etc. etc.), but when I smile, I have quite a few crows feet that come out not from the corner of the eye but from below. They are plentiful and quite deep - a bit too much for my liking.

I dont want to get rid of them totally, but do want to soften. I have been using a sample of dermaexel the last few weeks just on this area and for 2 weeks or so I was like "jeez, this stuff does NOTHING" but looking again last night I think I do see some softening on the outer ones and the "relaxing" crows feet also a softer even. I am now going to steal the extra sample I had of this for mum and use up both (reckon that will be close to 2 months worth).. at that time we will see if the result is miraculous enough to warrant paying the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the full size.

PS. should mention that I had a bottle of ADCE and only ever used 2/3 of it as could not develop a real liking for it.

Next up, find a way to stop the underbrow droop!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:18 am      Reply with quote
tiger - exactly, just a little too much for my liking, too! What bothers me is that there is such a difference between the 2 sides! Well, maybe it as everyone says and I am the only one who truly notices this! Keep us posted on your trial of the dermaexcel!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |