Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Really cheap good conditioner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Suave products for years and am almost always happy with them (plus for the price you can't beat it!) I had been using the Suave Professionals Sleek shampoo and conditioner, but have needed more volume lately. So I switched over to their Professionals Amplifying Shampoo and finished off my Sleek conditioner and that was okay. Then when the cond. ran out I tried Suave Performance Benefits Thick & Full Conditioner and it is really great. My hair actually seems thicker and is definately shiner than it was with the sleek shampoo which was supposed to 'smooth'. I'm trying to figure out how to explain the difference between this and 'volumizing' conditioners. It's like the others usually rinse really clean and make your hair fluffy and light so it looks thicker, but this makes it feel thicker for real and healthier. I don't know who (if anyone) they're copying, because usually it says on the bottle ("works as well as X brand")My guess is probably Pantene. I will definatly stick with it, though. I can't believe it's only $1.47 a bottle!
lithia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
coooool! cloud_9. Is this a salon product and do you know where I can find it (I'm in Canada)? thanks.

Currently, I'm using FF glossing shampoo&conditioner, but the price is$$. Last yeare when I went to another city I found a L'OCCITANE store, so I tried their angelica shaompoo&conditioner which were nice. The problem now is that there is no this brand in our local store.
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
No, it's not a salon product, I get it in the grocery store. I don't know if they carry Suave in Canada. It's like a cheap brand that makes copies of lots of other brands. They make hair products, body washes, lotions, deoderant, all kinds of stuff. Here's a link to their website:
http://www.suave.ca/

This link is for Canada, so I would think they must sell it there!
lithia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for introducing such nice products, and sharing your own experience with us.

I'll go there and take a look for sure. Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:19 am      Reply with quote
When my hair does (once in a blue moon) go a little dry, mainly at the ends I quite like Aussie 3 minute miracle.

For every day I have been using Tesco's own brand Chamomile Conditioner for fair hair, it's only about 50p a bottle Laughing . My SO is so fussy about hair products, he has a really sensitive scalp and the Tesco Chamomile range doesn't irritate him.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I really think that there are some great, cheap products out there. ( I also may be deluding myself because I won't be able to afford the good stuff until I graduate and get a real job! Rolling Eyes )
Lanie
5% products discount

Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
L'Oreal Natures Therapy Mega Moisture is the best conditioner I have ever tried(both high and low end). It's about $12 for a big tub that last forever, since you only have to use a small amount. The only downside is the only place I can find it at is Sally's.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Suave tends to make my hair and scalp feel dry. Then again, I've only tried the 2-in-1s.
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I desperately wanted to like Suave because of their extensive product line and prices that can't be beat... but their products just make me itch.

I've tried them periodically over the years (bought them, used them at friends' houses, etc.) The conditioners are probably fine since I don't put them on my scalp or skin, but the shampoos and body washes irritate me, and I don't think I have really sensitive skin.

So--don't feel bad if they don't work for you. Many love them, but there are some of us that just can't handle it.
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry they don't work for you! It would suck for me if they didn't work for me because then more of my tiny budget would be going to shampoos and stuff! I agree with the extensive line, I can still switch around and try new stuff (I LOVE getting home and trying any new grooming type product, even if it is Suave Laughing ) And if it sucks, I'm only out $1.50! Ugh- I just used "suck" twice in one post. I gotta work on that IRL too. Very Happy
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I would second the L'Oreal Natures Therapy Mega Moisture conditioner! There are a couple of Sally's in Ontario I believe. If you're not in Ontario, you can always call them and place an order over the phone from them.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering has anyone got any recomendations for inexpensive conditioners for oily hair?

5% products discount

Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I have oily hair too, I do not use hair conditioner on daily basis :P only put some neutrogena hair conditioner at the tips of my hair during the very low humidity day Wink
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I find that neutrogena is good for oily hair

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Australian Organics Replenishing Balancing Conditioner for Normal Hair (and the corresponding AO Hydrastabilizing Shampoo for Normal Hair) lately, and I really like it. They're each $4.99 at Drugstore.com

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=83476&catid=47489&trx=PLST-0-SRCH&trxp1=47489&trxp2=83476&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

I actually have very oily hair, but the last few products I've tried for oily hair have really stripped my hair making it even oilier sooner!
Caspers Mum

Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
cloud_9 wrote:
I have been using Suave products for years and am almost always happy with them (plus for the price you can't beat it!) I had been using the Suave Professionals Sleek shampoo and conditioner, but have needed more volume lately. So I switched over to their Professionals Amplifying Shampoo and finished off my Sleek conditioner and that was okay. Then when the cond. ran out I tried Suave Performance Benefits Thick & Full Conditioner and it is really great. My hair actually seems thicker and is definately shiner than it was with the sleek shampoo which was supposed to 'smooth'. I'm trying to figure out how to explain the difference between this and 'volumizing' conditioners. It's like the others usually rinse really clean and make your hair fluffy and light so it looks thicker, but this makes it feel thicker for real and healthier. I don't know who (if anyone) they're copying, because usually it says on the bottle ("works as well as X brand")My guess is probably Pantene. I will definatly stick with it, though. I can't believe it's only $1.47 a bottle!

I posted a similar thread about Suave conditioner last year, but I've been using their Healthy Shine Pro-Vit B-5 Conditioner for Colored Hair. My local drugstore was clearing it out a few weeks ago, and I got it for $1.40 per bottle.

My hairdresser is still amazed by the condition of my (fine, bleached, thick at back) hair. A few months ago, she even grabbed one of her colleagues at the salon, and said, "Remember I was telling you about my client who uses Suave? Feel this!" as she touched my hair, "It's amazing!"

My hair used to be prone to breakage, dryness, etc.
girlnextdoor
5% products discount

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
My sister is a hair stylist and one of things that she tells her clients is that you should cycle your hair products every 30-45 days. Your hair cuticle becomes acustomed to products which usually cause your hair to react in extremes and basically stop working or over dry, over condition depending on what type of product you are using. By switching up your products every so often you create somewhat of a shock to your hair. This isn't a bad thing. She says that is the secret as to why your hair always looks so good after a visit to the salon.
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:03 am      Reply with quote
That is so true girlnextdoor, I have been switching up my shampoos all my life! I find I get build up really easily if I use the same shampoo daily, I switch about every 3rd day... I have several different types in the shower, drives my hubby nuts, but hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, right?? Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I love cheap conditioners. I cycle through all the cheap ones - Suave, Vo5, white rain, though I like white rain the least and vo5 the best. The reason is because as good as these cheapies are, their fragrances are really strong, especially Suave Coconut and milk and honey. It's sometimes really overwhelming and I can smell it all day! Recently Walgreens added the Suave Professional condititioner which is bigger than the rest at 32oz. I'll probably try it soon!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |