Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Active Serum application/useage
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone wave

I just got a sample of ISC Active Serum with my recent order from EDS and was wondering if it should be applied in the AM or PM? I am thinking PM but would like some clarification. I also am using a retinalhyde product about 1-2/week.

Suprisingly enough my skin did not turn red or burn when I sampled the Active Serum. Very Happy I was expecting my face to be on fire due to how "reactive/fickle" my skin can be. How often should I use the Active serum? I believe that I should start out slowly bearing in mind the retinalhyde I'm using as well. Many, many thanks to all Exclamation

Lisa

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lifeplyro1,

I'm not using ISC Active Serum, but I did ask for ISC samples which may go with my recent order from EDS. For me, I'm very interested in ISC Pro-heal serum because it contains 1% retionl.

Last time I did a skin analysis on Skinterra, the consultant suggested that everday I'd better apply ISC Pro-heal AM and ISC Active PM.
Hopefully it can help.
Mabsy

Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I would go with PM.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Definitely pm and, by the way, the pro heal has .1% retinol not 1% like the skinceuticals retinol.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:04 am      Reply with quote
In all my consults for IS Clinical and from the IS Clinical people directly (which you can always e-mail and they are very nice) the recommendation was PM. Although sometimes Katee has had better tips about the applications than some of the consults I have had so I know she would know for sure.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
It is most definitely for PM use !
lithia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Definitely pm and, by the way, the pro heal has .1% retinol not 1% like the skinceuticals retinol.

Thanks marina.

I have a concern: if I apply 20% vit C in the morning, and ISC pro-heal serum in the evening,does it mean too much Vit C for me?(pro-heal contains 15% vit-C)
(My skin is acne prone and there are some previous acne scars.)

thanks ladies for your reply.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Lithia,

I don't think it would be too much C-it would be wasted...why would you want to use vit. c twice a day. The pro-heal is great & recommended for acne. If your concern is acne scarring, I'd rather you use the active serum serum at night followed by hydracool & alternate, if you wish, with skinceuticals retinol-start with .05% if you're sensitive or haven't used strong retinols before. Now we got us a routine!! Very Happy
lithia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you marina, I guess I will follow your suggestion. Laughing

The reason why I'm considering these Vit-C is that I love my current Vivier C and really don't want to give it up. Another reason is that the RAVES of ISC pro-heal & activ surem on EDS, makes me eager to try them. Cool
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Before buying the Super serum I was using the vivier Kine (hope I spelled it right) - loved it. Now I use it on my hands and they are loving it. I love the Super serum on my face, it gives my face a nice glow.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking to order ISC active serum and pro-heal(instead of my vivier C) Think
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies for your advice Very Happy

I'm already slightly peeling after only one useage Exclamation I think I'm gonna purchase the Pro Heal at some point in the future. Even though I'm not acne prone I do get monthly breakouts. Plus it doesn't seem to oxidize as quickly as the Super Serum. I think th e Vit. E content in the ProHeal as something to do with it, but not sure. I'm gonna use the Active Serum sample up before I make up my mind on a full size purchase. It may end up being too much for my skin, who knows.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:

Hello marina,

Today I checked the ingredients of pro-heal on skinterra.com it said "This breakthrough healing and protective formula combines 15% Vitamin C, 1% Vitamin E and 1% retinol with...." So, I think it's not .1% retinol.
see this below:
http://www.skinterra.com/product/lines/innovative_skincare2.html#is311

Thank you again for your advice. Laughing
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Lithia,

I know, that's why why I verified with both skinterra & theskincareinstitute; both responded with pro-heal having .1%.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
For some reason, I can't edit anymore. Just wanted to add that it's a good thing there's not 1% retinol. Along with the C, I can't imagine how irritating it would be! Very Happy
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Good call Marina!! I to thought it was 1%. Gosh the amount of retinol is really minuscule. Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Lithia,

I know, that's why why I verified with both skinterra & theskincareinstitute; both responded with pro-heal having .1%.

marina, you did a great job! Yeahhhhhhhh!!

really appreciate.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Don't mean to dig up an old thread, but I've been lemming the Active Serum forever, since I'm allergic to Vit C serums. I have quite resilient, combo skin and was wondering if I could just use it without the Hydracool on top.
s31pr
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe someone with more IS Clinical experience can give you a better opinion and elaborate more on the importance of following active with hydracool.

I however am in the middle of a Hydracool experiment, and would love to hear opinions from anyone who experienced the same thing. I received my Active and hydracool samples 2 weeks ago, and have noticed that when I do use the hydracool on top, I wake up with one or two or three mini pimples. The nights I don't use it I wake up clear.

It's strange because I have read nothing but wonderful things from many of you stating that it is essential to use hydracool on top, and I am afraid that I am limiting my results due to the fact that I am a bit hesitant now to put the hydracool on top. (i am seeing positive results with active alone, just wonder if my results could be better if i did use hydracool)

So, to answer your question, most posters here will recommend you use the hydracool on top.

I would love to hear, however, from anyone with sensitive and somewhat acne prone skin who is experiencing the same thing with the hydracool.

Thanks.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Im still waiting on my sample for this but someone told me skinceuticals phyto gel or B5 gel can be used instead of hydrocool. Its what I'll be using anyway as i already have both.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:34 am      Reply with quote
lithia wrote:
I'm thinking to order ISC active serum and pro-heal(instead of my vivier C) Think

I am in the same position. Currently I am using IS Clinicals Super Serum but I have no idea what is the strength of the Vitamin C.

Before that, I was using Vivier 20% and I found it to be excellent and it really works.

I want to order Active Serum and use it at night and then apply my moisterizer.

Does anyone know what the strength of Super Serum?
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
lithia wrote:

I am in the same position. Currently I am using IS Clinicals Super Serum but I have no idea what is the strength of the Vitamin C.

Before that, I was using Vivier 20% and I found it to be excellent and it really works.

I want to order Active Serum and use it at night and then apply my moisterizer.

Does anyone know what the strength of Super Serum?

Its 15%
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:59 am      Reply with quote
If Vivier 20% is cheaper the IS Clinical, I just might buy Vivier instead of Super Serum.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Vivier is slightly heavier than the superserum-the texture is a bit (not like PSF tho) greasier.

Thanks for digging up this thread-I just wanted to mention that, in checking with IS Clinical, pro-heal does have 1% retinol Confused I still can't see it having so much & not be irritating but there you go.

As for hydracool, I couldn't use it either. Too sticky & heavy (altho it's a gel). I switched to firming cream & on my 3rd jar.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the texture is more oily but it does not clog your pores and it is stronger.
Like I said, if Vivier is cheaper, I just might go back to it.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |