Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I need advise on my sensitive, combination skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Charle

Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes
hi all,

I have tried alot of different things but my skin has had very mixed results, as I have always broken out. I even had the skin tablets which made my cycle go crazy and to this date it has never recovered. I then was convinced by my sister in Canada to try Proactive, well it striped all the oil from my skin and fine line began to appear. I then tried emergin-c serum, the night and day serum and it has made my skin look and feel remarkable good. I want to try emerginC vitality mask but I am not sure how my skin will react to it, or is it safer to try emergin C Topical Vitamin C Eye Serum. I am looking for advise from people who have used these products before, and what I can expect if I do decide to use these additional products. Thanks for your time.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:21 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I have tried alot of different things but my skin has had very mixed results, as I have always broken out. I even had the skin tablets which made my cycle go crazy and to this date it has never recovered.

From what you are telling us I would guess that your hormones are out of balance and I would recomend you go see your doctor and get your levels checked... A sign of hormonal imbalance is that you break out on cheeks and jawline.

I'm sure you'll get more tips and info from the rest of the gang wave

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried Proactiv and it didn't do anything for me except made my skin oily. I was seeing a dermatologist a while back. I had to take a bunch of topical creams and antibiotics. My acne was clearing up but my skin was flaky as hell. There doesn't seem to be a solution to simply heal the acne without compromising the nature balance of the skin. I just ordered Murad Acne Complex. I'm keeping my fingers crossed about this one.
natsumi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
After having only occasional break outs, I started getting cystic acne on the sides of my cheeks. After trying a lot of different things, a derm gave me Clindagel which is a topical antibiotic. It cleared me up completely! No dryness or flaking at all. I had tried the same antibiotic in the form of presaturated gauze pads (can't remember the name of it) but that had alcohol in it and made my skin dry. The Clindagel is a slightly watery gel that you apply once a day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
i, too get pimples around the jawline area and i do think that my hormones are thrown out of balance... what can i do/take to have my hormones tuned up again?

can taking contraceptives help? i heard diane-35 works well for hormonal break out...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:38 am      Reply with quote
natsumi wrote:
After having only occasional break outs, I started getting cystic acne on the sides of my cheeks. After trying a lot of different things, a derm gave me Clindagel which is a topical antibiotic. It cleared me up completely! No dryness or flaking at all. I had tried the same antibiotic in the form of presaturated gauze pads (can't remember the name of it) but that had alcohol in it and made my skin dry. The Clindagel is a slightly watery gel that you apply once a day.

are you still useing Clindagel after your cystic acne has cleared up? sounds like a gel for me...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Charle

Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:45 am      Reply with quote
I had a number of replies and I like to say thank you to all who replied to me, but I realised as I read some of the replies that I had left out some information that I should have told you. I do take contraceptives regularly but at time I can not even get my period, as the skin dotor gave me andercerr for my skin when I was younger and I had an operation at the same and after those 2 events, I have never had a regular period. I have had my horomones checked and they tell me I am normal, but my greatiest down fall is I keep on catching phenemonia. The constant courses of antibotics seems to have my skin blocking alot, and at times I get swallen lumps/pimples particularly around my eye area, forehead, cheeks and under my chin/jaw area. It always happens just before I get ill or after I have been ill. I have tried many things and nothing seems to have helped me overcome the problems I have experienced. However emerginc certainly has helped my skin settle down and heal alot faster.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:04 am      Reply with quote
It may be worth looking into Homeopathy to balance both your skin and your system.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:
natsumi wrote:

are you still useing Clindagel after your cystic acne has cleared up? sounds like a gel for me...

Ruth, clindagel worked great for me at clearing up hormonal and inflamed types of breakouts. Everything else topical (BPO, BHA, etc.) never helped, but this gel cleared things up quickly, and it was non-drying to me. I haven't used it in a while because my hormonal acne cleared up after I began taking EPO, so I don't know if it is a product that you have to continue using. I am going to get some more just to have on hand for when I get product-related breakouts.

Tina
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |