Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

JB, IS Clinical or.....?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
My supply of JB Alphaderma CE, Skin Prep and Vit C&C are running out and before I re-order, I really want your opinions Confused
Should I stick with JB products or try something else that would give me better results? I've seen raves for IS Clinical - is it a better product, if so, what's comparable to JB in the IS line? Orrrrrrrrr, is there another line I should try? I have "mature" skin and although Ian's not my fave person, his products have definitely given my skin a tremendous boost in terms of firmness and texture.
TIA for any suggestions Very Happy

Anya
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I use the JB Skin prep and ADCE (I have reordered once). I also use PSF Vit C serum. If something works for you, I say stick with it.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not aware of IS Clinical having any product that has argireline in it. My recommendation would be to perhaps get a stronger vit C serum if your skin was fine with the JB C&C (maybe the IS Clinical ProHeal or just the Super Serum) and maybe get something that exfoliates or the poly-vitamin serum (I'm loving this right now!) to use with your skin prep and ADCE.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi anya - I use IS Clinical Firming Complex. I like it because it has a low (5%) AHA content, and I don't want to use anything much higher at this point (I'm 54) because I experience enough dryness from retinol use. It's still a bit drying, but I've reordered it several times now. I alternate it at bedtime with retinol, which I have trouble tolerating if I use it too often. I don't think the Firming Complex has been particularly firming, but it does make my pores seem smaller, and so I really like it for that reason. I tried ISC Super Serum, but it turned dark orange about 2/3 of the way through the bottle.

I also use the same JB products you use, but not daily or regularly (maybe I should!). I like them for their moisturizing and slight firming qualities. The C+C serum is more stable than ISC Super Serum (l-ascorbic acid). I'm currently using SkinCeuticals CE+Ferulic but may change soon (it's l-ascorbic acid as well and turns color before I use it up too).

A lot of ISC fans like the Active Serum. I may give it a try during the summer when my skin is oilier, but I suspect it may be too drying for me during cooler/cold weather. As far as what ISC may offer that's comparable to Mineral Skin Prep and ADCE, I'm not aware of anything, but I'm no expert.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
The two lines are very different and take different approaches to skin remodelling.

I used JB skin prep and alpha derma and I liked the results, but they couldn't compare to the dramatic results I achieved with IS Clinical.

If you want to try IS Clinical, you should, but why try to find "comparable" products in that line if you're currently happy with JB? If you want to try a different approach, the do. See what I'm getting at???

I think the two key IS Clinical products are the active serum at night and the super serum during the day, but you can go to somplace like skinterra and do their skin analysis for more precise recommendations to suit your skin type and needs.

Good luck !
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I'm not aware of IS Clinical having any product that has argireline in it. My recommendation would be to perhaps get a stronger vit C serum if your skin was fine with the JB C&C (maybe the IS Clinical ProHeal or just the Super Serum) and maybe get something that exfoliates or the poly-vitamin serum (I'm loving this right now!) to use with your skin prep and ADCE.

Hi Mabsy,

What results are you getting from the poly-vitamin serum? I remember trying a sample of it a while ago (when I first started IS). I remember really liking it but for the life of me can't remember why. I think something along the lines of increased skin glow & thickness. Please confirm this so I can go off & spent more $$$$$ Cool

Forgot to add, wrap those c serum bottles in aluminum foil-so far it's keeping my super serum
virtually colourless.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for your great advice, I knew I could rely on you Very Happy Chrissie and Katee, you're right in asking why, if I'm happy with JB, I'm looking at using another line. What can I say.....the never-ending quest for "something better" is ongoing Wink
I've completed the skin analysis questionnaire at Skinterra - thanks for the tip Katee. Before I decide (pending the results of the skin analysis), Katee could you tell me more about the dramatic improvement you found with ISC compared with your experience with JB?

Gosh, anyone would think I was buying a house with all the questions Very Happy

Anya
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
When I was using the JB line, my skin felt lovely and I saw some moderate firming. I should mention that I had a problem with the Okusil, though. I've never had wrinkling around my eyes. I was interested in diminishing some dark circles and also wanted to tone the area under my eyebrow. Okusil made the skin around my eyes look HORRIBLE. It took me weeks to get things back to normal. But I had no complaints with the skin prep stuff or the alpha derma.

I started using IS Clinical after chatting with my dermatologist about it (she didn't bring it up to me, I asked her) and she told me that she uses it herself, so I decided to give it a try. I'm in my forties now and, although I've always taken care of my skin, I pay more attention to it now, so I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't expect to end up with beautiful skin.

My skin has never, ever looked this good. It is toned, I have a healthy glow, and in what never ceases to amaze me, my skin appears to be virtually poreless.

I've stopped using everything else but IS Clinical and Prevage (and I treat the area under my eyes with Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0). I no longer get facials nor do I do glycolic acid peels anymore.

I finished up my alpha derma on my butt!!! Don't laugh, but I'm gonna buy more. I like having a butt that feels all velvety. Laughing
Mabsy

Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:07 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
What results are you getting from the poly-vitamin serum? I remember trying a sample of it a while ago (when I first started IS). I remember really liking it but for the life of me can't remember why. I think something along the lines of increased skin glow & thickness. Please confirm this so I can go off & spent more $$$$$ Cool

Forgot to add, wrap those c serum bottles in aluminum foil-so far it's keeping my super serum
virtually colourless.

Laughing I've been trying to think of ways to talk myself out of buying it... I'm using the poly-vitamin and the proheal at the same time (well, night & day respectively) so I am not certain what the results are from. However, the first week or so of using the poly-vitamin my face would get really hot just after applying it, and literally look better already. I'm not using DrH CC at the moment but my skin has less blackheads and looks clearer. I definitely think you're onto something about skin thickness - I don't think that's it precisely and I can't quite articulate it but my skin looks like it's in better condition. I've tried the Active serum again as well (did nothing for me, again) but would definitely purchase this in the future. Sorry, I know this isn't helping...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
It's not hurting either Rolling Eyes Jeez, I can talk myself into anything. Mabsy, are you still using the aminogenesis? Any thoughts on how the poly-vit. serum & this one compare? Thanks
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I'm so disappointed. Here I held up katee as my skincare hero and now find she spends lots of time stroking her butt. Embarassed Laughing

I used JB for quite awhile and then heard about ISC and switched. JB worked "fairly" well for me but seemed to clog my pores around my nose area so I was looking for something better. If you have dry skin, JB may be the way to go. I'm 56 with medium oily skin STILL and JB was too rich or something. Yet ISC hydrates my old/oily skin better than anything else I've used without clogging pores.

ISC leaves my skin like katee's butt. Wink It's clear, and healthy looking without a wrinkle in sight. My physician always comments on my skin, how's that?

I love Poly-Vit but I'm not sure what it's doing. It looks "thicker" in a good way as others have said and gorgeously healthy. I use it once or twice a week at night and my skin looks better than just using the regular routine. This product is more "active" on my skin than the Active or SuperSerum and I don't know why. I would be hesitant to use Poly-Vit every night for fear of irritation.

I'm medium blond, medium fair-skinned, burn like crazy in the sun and older than most.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Alexis52 wrote:
ISC leaves my skin like katee's butt. Wink It's clear, and healthy looking without a wrinkle in sight.

i can't think of better endorsement than that!!!

which other products do you use when you're not using the Poly-Vit?

man oh man, i want my skin to be like katee's butt! Laughing
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Quote:
I finished up my alpha derma on my butt!!! Don't laugh, but I'm gonna buy more. I like having a butt that feels all velvety.

Laughing Sounds like a potential marketing strategy!

I do like ADCE, and the fact that one bottle lasts three months, but I've been thinking about taking a break to try something new as well. I may continue to use my vitamin C serum and ADCE in the AM and try the poly-vitamin every other night, while continuing to use my retin-A product on opposite nights. ??? Does anyone know of a reason why this wouldn't be a good idea?

anya....thank you for bringing up this topic! I've been wondering the same thing lately.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I like having a butt that feels all velvety.

rofl Katee you might be Shock to hear that when reading that you had a velvety butt the first image to pop into my mind was a bum covered in soft fuzzy hair (um, like people sit and stroke velvet cushions etc.) Laughing

Not quite the image you were going for I think..... Laughing Laughing
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have GOT to remember to turn on the filter between my brain and my mouth !!!!

Really laughing....
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Well I certainly didn't expect a butt cream endorsement Katee Laughing Laughing
I got feedback from Skinterra as follows:
Morning:
M.D. Skincare All-in-One Cleanser with Toner ($36.00)
Kinerase Cream ($65.00) - helps diminish fine lines, even out the skin tone and hydrate the skin
Innovative Skincare SPF20 Moisturizing Sunscreen ($33.00)

Evening:
M.D. Skincare All-in-One Cleanser with Toner
IS Clinical Pro-Heal Serum ($120.00) - helps diminish fine lines, repair the skin, improve the texture of the skin, minimize pores and even out the skin tone
IS Clinical Hydra Cool Serum ($85.00) - helps soothe, hydrate and even out the skin tone
IS Clinical Eye Complex ($68.00)

Sooooo forgetting about the cleanser/toner recs (I use Olive Oil soap!), and taking your advice to heart, I think I'll re-order JB + ISC Pro-Heal Serum. I hear what some of you are saying about "thickness". That's the result I got from JB Skin Prep and ADCE, so I guess I should stick with it and use the ISC Hydra Cool as an extra booster Rolling Eyes

Quote:
I'm medium blond, medium fair-skinned, burn like crazy in the sun and older than most.

Me too, me too Alexis Very Happy

Anya
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

Ok, bit embarrassing question but here goes. I have been using the Super Serum in the am and Active Serum at night and Love it. About once or twice a week I use the Proheal Serum in the am. Skin looks great………one tiny problem. I wax my upper lip and I have noticed lines running from my nose to my lips (marionette lines) forming that were not there before. I remember reading on either a box of the Skinterra website that if you wax you might have problems using IS Clinical.

Does anyone else have these problems? If so, any suggestions? Unfortunately, I cannot stop waxing. Crying or Very sad

OH, I am moisturizing in the am and pm plus I use sunscreen everyday. So my skin is not dehydrated.

TIA!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Shelley01 - The Pro-Heal Serum contains retinol and Active Serum contains acids (both which are drying). These products are exfoliants and are thinning/removing the stratum corneum as they work. Even the Super Serum will exfoliate the skin somewhat since it's a Vit.C product (l-ascorbic acid). It may be that waxing on top of this is just too much for your upper lip area. If I were you, I'd avoid using the Active and Proheal in that area for several days before waxing. It may help.

Oddly, the stratum corneum can mask lines and furrows in a way, while at the same time giving the skin a crinkly look when it's dry. Over time however, the Active and Proheal will work their magic and help to diminish those lines, but sometimes in the short run, exfoliants can actually expose certain problems -- scars can sometimes seem more sharply defined, for instance, when the stratum corneum is exfoliated.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
um, wasnt there a post somewhere here recently about not waxing when using these products? Or was that an eye cream... I think the warning was about eyebrow waxing.. something about actually being able to rip the skin off Shock

sorry to sound so vauge, but until last night (and 8 blissful hours of sleep) I had been operating on between 1 and 3 hours sleep a night all week and my brain is just not quite remembering things... Laughing
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I have been searching and found this, which says the same thing but is not what I was thinking of. huh? what did I say?

Not sure if this applies to you but worth knowing about.. I think I better take a warm bath and sleep a bit more... Laughing

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3036&highlight=retinol+waxing
Mabsy

Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
It's not hurting either Rolling Eyes Jeez, I can talk myself into anything. Mabsy, are you still using the aminogenesis? Any thoughts on how the poly-vit. serum & this one compare? Thanks

I am definitely still using the Photolagen and loving it! I'm not quite sure if these two can actually be compared though, ar at least not based on how I've been using them:

This is my current regime:

AM
cleanser (trying out various samples)
toner (just finished PSF, about to start ACV)
IS Clinical Pro-Heal
Either Dermalogica Hydrating Booster or Replenix Green Tea serum
Photolagen
(followed by sunblock or mineral makeup)

PM
cleanser (as above)
toner (as above)
IS Clinical Poly-Vitamin
Either Dermalogica Hydrating Booster or Replenix Green Tea serum
Photolagen

Eye cream as well of course, and various masks and exfoliants on a regular basis.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - I just started using the IS Clinical Super Serum followed by Hydra Cool in the morning, and at night the Active followed by Hydra Cool. My skin got very dry and started to show loose skin around my eyes and face - even more so than before (did use the Super and Active around my eyes). Got desperate and started using my 5 day sample of Alphaderma with IS Clinical Crying or Very sad -

Meaning: Morning
Prep
Super Serum
ADCE

Evenings:
Prep
Active Serum
ADCE

My Skin is looking much better now - but I am worried that I am not doing the right thing and not giving the IS Clinical more time to do its work - the skin started to look very dry and crappy just two days after using IS.
Neutral Please can someone tell me whether this combination is OK - Smile Before I order my full size of Alphaderma - its going to be a very expensive face Embarassed

Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
rashirosey - The Active serum is an exfoliant, from what I recall the super has some exfoliating properties as well. I think you're overdoing that on your skin. Also, vitamin C can be drying to the skin so there is also that component. I would not be using the Active Serum around the eye area, and possibly not the Super Serum either.

ETA: The routine you posted is fine, but you might need to investigate whether using the Active & Super in one day might be too much for your skin. Or at least build your way up to using each once daily. Also, you might have to use a moisturiser over the ADCE if the dryness continues.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy for writing - I just wanted to hear that it was OK using IS and ADCE together. You made me feel better already! I certainly will take your advice about the two serums, and try and take it easy. My skin is - how shall I put it - is thinning, so maybe I should try the Pro-Vit next time. As for spending MONEY - I LOVE it! Its great ordering Products from EDS "Its like Christmas". Thanks EDS for all the samples. Rose

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
rashirosey -- I was still using ADCE when I started with IS Clinical, so I was using them both together for a while. I stopped because a) it was too expensive to commit myself to both and I wanted to see what the IS Clinical did for me by itself and b) I started using a moisturizing oil that evidently wasn't very compatible with the ADCE. I needed more moisture than what the ADCE provided, and the addition of the oil made the ADCE ball up and flake off. Otherwise, I don't think there's a problem with using both lines of products together.

As far as the dryness - I have dry skin, and I haven't found the Super Serum to be drying at all. The Active Serum, on the other hand, left me pretty dried out at first with a lot of the same symptoms that you described. This lasted for a couple of weeks. After that, my skin really improved and actually began to "normalize" in that it's not nearly as dry now as it was before I started using the IS Clinical line. Oh - I use both the Active and the Super Serum right under my eyes now with no dryness or flakiness. I never had a problem with putting the Super Serum there, but I had to work up to it with the Active.

I second Mabsy in that you may want to add an additional moisturizer and you probably need to go slower with the Active Serum at first until your skin gets accustomed to it. Try using it every 2nd or 3rd night. Also, I found that diluting a drop of Active with a couple of squirts of Hydracool was a good way to get adjusted to it without irritation. Slowly increase the amount of Active and decrease the hydracool until you're using just straight Active.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |