Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: REVIEW :: BABOR B.YOUNG Lip Balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Price: CA$12 on EDS (what a bargain!)
Size: 15ml (1/2 oz)
Packaging: Tube with screw on cap. Rather than long pointed dispenser, it has a slanted one (similar shape to a new lipstick)

The only reason I bought this is because I needed to bump up a recent EDS order a fraction to get the free shipping Embarassed and figured a lip balm would not go astray.

Although called a "balm" it is nothing like what I envisioned. To me a lip "balm" is more like an ointment.. like La Mer, Rosebud, or the screw up stick type. This is like a very thick milky-cream. It does not fully abosorb into the lips (the feeling is like putting a cream mask on your face.. you can massage it on, but it wont fully absorb/dry.

I have been able to apply lipstick on top, it does not leave as nasty a lip-ring on my water glass as an ointment-type balm does and lasts a long time on the lips. Even after the surface slip has gone my lips remain feeling moist. But dont overdo it as I did one night - I woke up with kind of caked cream on my lips. yukky. (but totally my own fault).

I like the tube with the slant applicator as you can apply direct to the lips if you dont like the idea of sqeezing onto a finger tip. Much better than digging finges into a pot of balm. I dont think it puts any sheen or color on my lips, although there might be a very faint pearliness to it.

I really should point out that I dont have a considerable problem with dry lips. Sure they get dry and taught, but only a few times a week usually and they never crack or chap seriously. So is it my HG? Well, I dont know, I have never tried a lip treatment like this one before... I have a friend bring me back the Gatineau Electelle from Paris next week so I will use that as a comparison too (but at twice the price - even in paris - the Gatineau better be better!)

For now, I am happy to "B.Young"! Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
You know, this stuff sounds sort of like my beloved Gatineau Electelle LipCare, but at a fraction of the $40USD price! I need to compare the ingredients to see what’s what, but it looks like you just found something for me to add to my “must try” lip products list...God, I’ve been spending money like a drunken sailor on his first shore-leave in 11 months these past couple weeks! I just got a brand new car that was such a fantastic value/bargain that it would seem that I’m madly trying to spend all the thousands of dollars I saved on it in a single month. Confused

To refresh everyone’s memory: CareKate is orally fixated and completely obsessed with keeping her pucker in tip-top shape and will not blink twice no matter how outrageous the price of latest compulsion might be!! I really *do* need some sort of 12-step program....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Ah, but at least this is only $12 to try!!

OK, now I am at home (nothing like wasting time at work writing reviews), here are the ingredients:

water, sesame seed oil, dicaprylyl ether, decyl oleate, beeswax, glycerin, avocado oil, polydecene, polyglyceryl-2 dipolypydroxystearate, polyglyceryl-3 di-isostearate, butylene glycol, sunflower seed oil, octyldodecanol, irvingia gabonensis kernel butter, tocopheryl acetate, magnesium stearate, magnesium sulfate, raspberry seed oil, wheat protein, rosemary leaf extract, panthenol, allantoin, bisabolol, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, hydrogenated coco-glycerides, caprylic/capric triglyceride, acetylated lanolin alcohol, parfun, cetyl acetate, citric acid, pantolactone, alcohol, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, ascorbic acid, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, red 40 (Cl 16035)

Wow, glad all those parabens are at the END of the list. Laughing the box also listed the scientific names but i just put the generic ones (I mean, who would know what rubus idaeus seed oil is?.. well, we all do now, it is raspberry seed oil!)

The description given on the box: A soft, creamy lip balm. Supplies intensive moisture and protects lips against dehydration. Wheat proteins reduce fine lines around the mouth. Keeps the lips soft and supple, and delivers a smooth and delicate finish. Apply as required.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yay! My coworker just came back from Paris today and I got my Gatineau Electelle lip balm! Dancing

Of course I had to remove the lippy just so I could try it.

Carekate you will be pleased to know that the B. Young feels very similar to the Gatineau, but is much thinner in texture, like a milk vs the Gatineau cream texture.

It will be good now to have the Gatineu beside the bed and the Babor in my bag.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:17 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Carekate you will be pleased to know that the B. Young feels very similar to the Gatineau, but is much thinner in texture, like a milk vs the Gatineau cream texture.
Whoopee, I've already put this on my list to buy with my April Fool's voucher!!

Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |