Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
PSF Stimulcoll C
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
belledivine67
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Just a question regarding Vitamin C products. Does a yellow color mean that the product is less effective?

I have had PSF Stimulcoll for about two months and it arrived with a light yellow color, which seems to have deepened over time. I hope that this product is still "good". When I apply it beneath my eyes, it still has the characteristic, Vitamin C "sting". I assume that it is still potent.....but I don't know.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, yellow/amber/brown color associated with a C serum usually means that the C has degraded. How much? Who knows. This is one reason it's a good idea to look for C's that do not contain water. The water in the solution can oxidize the l-ascorbic acid (C). Check with Darren and see if he can explain...I'm sure they would not want you using a C that had gone "bad"...
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Hello Smile It's possible that it may have turned... some vitamin C serums are still potent even though their color has changed. You can search the forums, they have talked about the color change in vitamin C and the different brands Smile But best to contact PSF and ask them their potency... I think the longest to store opened Vitamin C bottle is not more than 4 months Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Belledivine,
I had a couple people PM me asking me to reply to this post. The yellow color is characteristic of magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, which is the form of vitamin c that this product contains. It does not contain L-ascorbic acid. So it SHOULD be a medium to deep yellow. The dry, lyophilized MAP is yellow in color when it comes straight from the chemical manufacturer. A change in color is only an indication of oxidation in regard to formulas that contain ascorbic acid. Also, the herbal extracts in this product also contribute to the color, which can, and should deepen slightly with time. So it sounds from the descripion of your product that it is as it should be. Also, the slight stinging that you are experiencing is most likely the peptides penetrating - it would not be the vitamin c, since the pH of MAP is in the neutral range.
I hope that helps to clear up any confusion!
Smile
-Darren
PSF Skincare

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:44 am      Reply with quote
Mine has turned orangy in two weeks' time. And I can feel there are some very fine grains in it when I apply it on my eyes. Anyone have this problem too? Is it still ok to use it? Question
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm. That just doesn't sound good. Sounds like the C is not dissolved completely and is precipitating out of the solution. Also, it's one thing for it to start out a yellow/orange color as described, but another thing for the color to actually change. Why would it change? Except due to oxidation, I would suppose. Sounds a bit iffy there.
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:18 am      Reply with quote
It's the 5ml product I transferred to a smaller amber glass vial that has turned orangy. So I suppose I'll stop using it. Fortunately the rest kept in the original bottle still seems to be ok to use. Razz

I really hope PSF will find a better packaging for Stimucoll (maybe like the Cellcosmet one). Smile
syllie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using several good products from PSF. Although I'm very disappointed with the packaging of some of the items. I use:

[u][b]Stimucoll-C[/b][/u] - came in a glass dropper. The product would not go up the dropper and caused quite a mess as it would spill out of the bottle. Had to send it back.

This was replaced by an air pump, silver lid was wrapped on celophane sleeve. As I removed the sleeve I noticed the product had leaked inside the silver lid. So, during shipping the metal silver lid pressed on the mechanism of air pump releasing the product.
Again I had to bring this to the attention of EDS customer service, they chose to refund and not to replace it.

[b][u]RETINOL NITE REPAIR[/u][/b]- This comes in a glass container with a tube that pumps the product up. I gave up trying to get the product to come up. I have to unscrew top/lid and try to pour the right amount on my hand.

What a shame, good products that waste away and frustrates me to no end.

PSF products with no packaging problems I have:

[b][u]Browtox[/u][/b]- thin solution/dropper, no problem
[b][u]Super Emergen-C 20%[/u][/b]- thin solution w/dropper, no problem

Too bad! I liked the products, I'm not to sure this is worth the email, sending back products, etc. Sad Sad Sad
syllie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I had a problem with the underlining and bold for some reason.
Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the sample for a week. On the 7th day, I have reaction to the product. Both my upper and lower eyes area swell from small spots to large and cover most of the area. I may use too much of the serum since there was a lot of serum coming out when I just press the pump very lightly. I only put the serum in the morning following with the Dermalogica Total Eyes cream with 15% SPF.

Did anyone have this reaction after using the PSF StimuColl-C™ Intensive Eye Serum.

I did put the Phyto-Lift Cranberry Eye Gel on top of the StimuColl-C Eye Serum after 15 mins. wait for few day. Is it ok to do that?

Thank you! Crying or Very sad
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:35 am      Reply with quote
No reaction to Stimucoll-C for me but I apply the Cranberry eye lift first and after it's absorbed, the SC. I mainly apply the eye lift to the upper part of my eyes, BTW.
Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Thank you scalawaggirl.

I still have the swelling on both my upper and lower eyes area. It is still quite intense. I think it is kind of burning too. Somethime the rash is itchy too.

I email PSF. They advise me to try one product at a time since this is my first time to try both products. I will give them a try again afte a week.

Should I still Moisturizing eye cream around the eyes area or just Pure Vitamin E oil. I usually put Dermalogica Total Eyes cream SPF in the morning after the eyes treatment, and Cellnosmet Eyes Contour Cream or Shiseido Eyes cream after the eyes treatment at night.

I look horrible now. Crying or Very sad Sad Mad
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Suk, when you have a reaction like that, it is best to back off any new products and then reintroduce one at a time slowly. This helps determine what actually is the culprit in causing any irritation.

It is also possible that a combination of products could be overwhelming your eye area. Did you introduce anything new into the regime or follow a certain pattern then change it at all? If not, I assume that the problem popped up after 7 days, which is definitely possible with a new product (sometimes take a month to show up irritation).

As far as calming things down, I would use the gentlest moisturization possible w/the least additives. For me, that is liberal use of emu oil and it's worked very well for me.
Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl, I think it is 98% caused by the Stimulcoll C. I just put it on every morning. But everytime, I just got more than I want from one pump. Therefore, I also put it on my cheek bone, and the ouside area of my eyes too, and all those area has reaction. I feel a lot better today, but still has little rash and swell. Now I only put Pure Vitamin E oil all over my eyes and face. I will wait for a week, and reintroduce the Stimulcoll. I think I will start 3 time a weeks first in each morning, and the Cranberry gel only at night.

I don't want to use emu oil. What do you think the Rosehips oil?

Why do you put Cranberry before Stimulcoll C. I thought the C is higher acid than the Cranberry.

The reaction area to the Stimulcoll C is very rough now. What do you suggest to smooth them out?

Thank you for you response. Smile
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Suk, your are probably right that it's the Stimucoll-C. It may be too much for your skin.

I have little experience w/rose hip seed oil as it's for dry skin and mine is exactly the opposite. Perhaps, Jojoba would be a good choice for you as I understand it's what others use who do not want to opt for emu oil. I use it, too, but not on my face but elsewhere and it's great.

RE: the cranberry gel, I use it in the AM for the "wide eye awake" it gives me! I apply it first to pop up the eyes (let absorb) and then a bit later I apply the Stimucoll-C at the same time as my all over vitamin C (currently IS Clinical's Super Serum). I use Exfol serum under and around my eyes first thing at the same time I apply 2/5% BHA/Mandelic acid and let sit for 30 minutes. So, that is where most of my acid exfol comes from. Smile I have quite an involved routine but it's rote to me now so not complicated at all.
Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:52 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl, Thank you very much for your advice and information. My eyes finally are getting better, only with more rough skin and wrinkle. I have been using Jason pure vit E 5000IU to sooth my eyes and the cheek bone area, and now I have few pimples there, which I never have this problem at all. In the morning after I put on the Dermalogica Total Eye Care SPF15, I feel some burning around my eyes. So now I only put on the Cellnosmet or Sheseido Eye cream. I may order a bottle of Rosehips oil and jojoba oil to try. Do you think exfol cream will be too much for for eyes in order to smooth out the wrinkle?

Thank you!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
It's hard to say whether Exfol will be too much but it's the gentlest formula I know of and I'm not sure about the wrinkle part, which seems due to dehydration or reaction by product. Having said that, Exfol though very gentle - you'd use as an exfoliant but would also apply an eye cream as you mentioned after the 30 minute wait (time to allow to work its magic and for the skin to return to normal Ph level).

I think the Vitamin E is causing the breakout but that the jojoba or rose hips would be a good bet for you. Try a small size, though, in case they don't work out.

This is such a trial and error thing as products that "should" work do not always deliver.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi i just got my stimucoll-C today. I was excited about using it but after reading this thread i am alittle nervous. Hopefully i don't get an reaction.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:17 am      Reply with quote
I keep my Vit.C in the fridge. I don't know if it really preserves it but it feels good going on. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
MarciaNZ wrote:
Hi i just got my stimucoll-C today. I was excited about using it but after reading this thread i am alittle nervous. Hopefully i don't get an reaction.

Don't you wish you had a meter (like one for zapping mean people, too) that you could find out immediately, if something would work or not? Wouldn't that just be the greatest!

Anyway, off my rant...give it a whirl. You'll know pretty quick, if it's a problem. When I tried Jan Marini Vit. C eye cream, I knew right then it was burning.

Quote:
I keep my Vit.C in the fridge. I don't know if it really preserves it but it feels good going on. Laughing

I think that is a brilliant idea. Unfortunately, I would forget to put the stuff on, if I did that. Sheesh. Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:18 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl, please advise me which Exfol I should try, the cream or the serum, and CP Night eyes or CP Night Eyes Premier. I just want something very mild to start with. I will try the Stimulcoll C again after few days later.

Thank you. Laughing
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Weird, I replied to your Q, Suk Han but it disappeared.

I'd advise getting samples of the Night Eyes fromwww.skinbiology.com as I've only used the Premier (with great success along w/Exfol). However, you seem sensitive so I don't want to tell you to get one or the other w/out testing first. The samples are very generous. In fact, I am still using mine and won't be out for a good 3-4 months, I'd guess!

As for the Exfol, I'd opt for the serum as the creams are comedogenic unless you don't breakout. The serum is very gentle but I think you should only use it 1x/day even though I do 2x.

Re: Stimucol-C, I wear this is the AM as it conflicts w/CPs.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Just like to report no reaction - no sting, no redness nothing.... Stimucoll C feels great around my eyes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I received a bottle of Stimucoll-C intensive eye serum about 2 weeks ago and the lines under my eyes seem to be getting more and more noticeable.

Has this happened to anyone? Should I stop using it?
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:41 am      Reply with quote
s31pr wrote:
I received a bottle of Stimucoll-C intensive eye serum about 2 weeks ago and the lines under my eyes seem to be getting more and more noticeable.

Has this happened to anyone? Should I stop using it?

Hey S31pr,
sorry to hear your lines are getting more noticeable. I have been using the stimucoll-C eye serum for about one week and a bit. And so far i have only noticed improvements. My skin around my eyes feels real smooth and softer.
I haven't noticed much change to my fine line under my eyes. I would give the serum a few more weeks and see if there is any change then make a decision.
Hopefully this has happened to someone out there in our forum, who can give you better advice. Smile

Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |