Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Clindamycin for acne- long post.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I wasn't sure where to post this. It is a product, but definitely skin care... Smile Anyway, I just wanted to share about Clindamycin.
I didn't have bad skin in high school, but as I hit my early 20's (I'm 23 now) I started getting acne, mostly on my cheeks, but also everywhere. I've looked at pics from medical websites, and I have to admit that although it was really embarrassing and painful for me, it was definitely mild. (my heart goes out to those with moderate or severe acne )

I tried everything OTC, even tried to stick with BP (I am either allergic or sensitive to it, it makes me red and burn and itch). I didn't go to a doctor because I thought I would have to go to a dermatologist, and because I thought there were 2 options: Accutane or Retin-A. I knew that my acne was not bad enough to make those worthwhile, so I figured I was stuck with bad skin.

Then, I was at an appointment at my college's student health center and brought it up. She looked at my skin, and prescribed me clindamycin topical solution. And the best (and most frustrating!) part? I got it filled at their pharmacy and it was only $12! It lasts over a month (I haven't finished the 1st bottle yet). I wasted so much time and $$$ trying to treat it myself. Brick wall

I haven't gotten one new 'real' pimple since I started. My skin isn't dry and flaky. It's actually oilier (which I didn't need), one of the side effects, but blotting papers take care of it. I'd rather have oilier, clearer skin! Now I just get little, baby bumps that don't evolve into real pimples and go away quickly. Before my cheek pimples would stay for weeks! Along with the aspirin mask, even my blackheads are improving. I just wanted to let people know that there are other options out there. I wish someone had told me about this years ago!
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
could somebody move this for me to the product review board? I think I should have posted it over there. or maybe the lounge? whatever you think. Very Happy sorry!
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
cloud_9 wrote:
could somebody move this for me to the product review board? I think I should have posted it over there. or maybe the lounge? whatever you think. Very Happy sorry!

cloud_9, how long did you have to use it? just wondering if i would be dependent on it forever
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cloud 9,

I am glad Clindamycin works for you Smile. I know what it feels like to be a grown-up women and have acne (trust me - I really do know - I am 40 and have had acne my entire life).

At some point in my on-going struggle to get rid of acne I did try Clindamycin. It worked at the beginning (first 6 - 8 weeks or so), but then my skin went back to its old ways. So I just tossed it.

I have since completely changed my skin care (remember, I am 40 and dealing with agining, on top of dealing with acne) and things have improved a lot.

Anyway, I am happy you have found a solution that works for you.

Good luck! Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I am using Dalacin T. which is basically clindamycin. It works fast. I realised, though, that the product isn't effective until the last drop. In the last few weeks, I was again breaking out like crazy, and it didn't seen to work at all. By then, I finished the bottle, and the new one is working great. I guess that the strong alcohol scent is a sign that the lotion is good. Am I mistaken?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird,
I don't know, I'm wondering the same thing. I started it at the very beginning of March, so I've only been using it a few months.

rubby,
I don't know if I would call myself a grown up Laughing but I did sort of think I would be done with acne by now. So far it's still working (almost 4 months into it) so hopefully it will keep working. Pray

Linnie,
I just started my second bottle, and I'm trying to remember... I don't think I broke out at the end of the last bottle, but I did notice that the second bottle smelled way different to me (not alcohol smell, a gross weird smell). I remember now that when I first started using it the smell bothered me. I thought I just got used to it, but I guess the smell fades in the bottle. Mine always smells strongly of alcohol, though, even in the last drop. My bottle is a liquid, with a sort of cloth top that you use to dab it on with, is this the same as yours?
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Cloud_9: Like a bingo marker? That's what I have.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I too have been using Dalacin T that I ordered online. It works like magic, but I can only assume its the dalacin t that's working (so many changes hard to pinpoint what is working and whats not)... Anyway I have a bit of a supply left but when its gone I'm thinking about just going to a derm and getting a prescription since I'm hearing how cheap it is to get it filled at a pharmacy. I probably pay more for the Dalacin T with the shipping and all that. I prefer the Dalacin T in the bottle with the applicator tip, its the alcohol solution one, I also have the gel and the lotion which I don't like as much.. but they all work great, I don't break out anymore and when I do its that time of the month. And even then only like one zit. I must say though that I tried clindamycin when I was a lot younger (probably around 17 years old) and it did nothing for me. My skin was alot worse then though... I'm glad I gave it another chance. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Linnie,
Yes! It is like a bingo marker. Laughing How funny!

I also wanted to mention I started using a glycolic acid toner (Aqua Glycolic) several weeks ago and I think it's helping, too.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |