Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
question to retin a micro users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I just wtarted using retin a micro, and I dont think the gel consistency works with my face. My face looks really dry after I apply retin a micro. Is it okay to put moisturizer on top of the retin a micro?
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
hm... still no reply? hello......
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've used this for a couple of years but don't have any of the directions in the house...but, in the summer I use it a couple of times a week but in the winter I apply it every other night about 1/2 hour before bed after my face is thoroughly dry from washing and applying a night cream. I layer nothing on top of the Retin...I believe that's what my Dermatologist said to do way back when.

Check retinamicro.com for more instructions.

I suggest skipping a couple of days...and apply more sparingly when you resume...keeping it a generous distance from your eye area.

Good luck! Cyndi K.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Ditto what Cyndi said.

If you apply a moisturizer on top it will ultimately dilute the strength of the RAM. This is not to say that you wouldn't get some effect from the RAM, I would imagine just at a lesser degree.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:27 am      Reply with quote
So, you have to put the moisturizer first? then RAM?
I looked at their website, but they do not say anything about layering. I also googled it, but find nothing.
How is it that if you apply moisturizer forst, then RAM it will not interfere with RAM; but if you apply RAM first then moisturizer it will interfere with RAM?
Also, how long do I have to wait after applying moisturizer before I apply RAM?

CyndiK: I do not experience any major peeling, hence, I think I am gonna keep with my routine(use RAM every other day). It just bothers me that RAM is not very moisturizing.
cheers Smile
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:08 am      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere,

i don't think you're supposed to moisturise before or after RAM application as it dilutes its efficacy. RAM, by nature, is NOT moisturising (the cream slightly less than the micro you're using). it's drying. it's an irritant. it makes you peel. it exfoliates.... you're lucky you can even use it -- i can't. i'm working my way up by starting with Avene Diacneal, hoping to some day graduate to the real stuff! typically, with any retinal, you have to compensate by using a richer moisturiser on your nights of and/or during the day. you might have to play around with the give and take between RAM and your moisturiser, but you should find a happy medium.

HTH
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:43 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose:
I guess you are right.... I should just use moisturizer when I am not using RAM. Yeah... it is strange that my skin hasnt peeled at all.....
Hm... maybe I just have alligator's skin
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:13 am      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:
Yeah... it is strange that my skin hasnt peeled at all.....

is it flaking at all??? perhaps you should see if you can bump it to every night. or two nights on, one night off. the dry skin you're getting obviously wants to come off. once it does, your skin will start feeling much better, much healthier, much less dry (though you will still need to moisturise). you're going through the 'crepey' period.... exfoliate? enzyme mask? patience??? other people could probably help you here much better than me. NOT peeling has never been my problem on RAM.
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:32 am      Reply with quote
lve rose is surely correct that ideally one wouldn't moisturize prior to applying, but I HAVE too. I recall my instructions as the most important things were to apply it to completely dry skin - hence, I give my night cream time to soak in...and layer nothing on top. I usually don't flake that much but clearly see results w/ texture and pigment. You gotta be a little intuitive about it I think and find what works for you

Idea btw~ I find OCM and homemade DHCC complement RAM use wonderfully.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
CindyK: I think my problem is just that my skin is dry (as I mention before, it is still not flaking. Maybe RAM is not working??? )
I cannot use OCM, I developed these dry patches. As far as DHCC, I am gonna try it soon. It receives such good review in here.
cheers
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi roadtonowhere,
I only use my retin-a alone, even though the gel is a little drying, because I have also heard it is best on its own. To make up for it, in the morning, I splash my face with water and immediately apply a good moisturizer. I also do an enzyme peel once a week on a day when I will not be applying the retin-a.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
You are not supposed to use anything before or after RAM. Your moisturizer before could be why you are not peeling.

Keep up the same routine but skip the moisturizer before RAM. Moisturize during the daytime and on your "off RAM" nights. See if you start peeling after doing this for several days.

You don't "have" to peel to get benefit from RAM.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Donnababe: I am not using any moisturizer before or after RAM. When I was younger, I used this cream for derm that makes me peel a lot (after that, my skin was awesome) . Dont really know what it is init. So maybe my skin just nedes higher RAM concentration. We'll see how it goes....
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
road,
You can call/write that doctor and find out what it was that made you peel. I've gone back more than 20 years to get medical information.

RAM only comes in .04% and .1% so you are using the strongest now.

You could just be impatient. You stated you just started using it does that mean a few days? If so, I'd stick with what you're doing for at least a month and see what happens. If you're still not peeling, you can cut down the time between when you wash your face and when you apply RAM. Water is a carrier that's why they want you to waite 30 min after water has been on your face.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
i looked at my skin just now, and I saw these tiny little whitehead looking bumps in my chin area that were not there before. Could it be the "uglies" of retin a before things start getting better?
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
It could be lots of things.

The "uglies" usually mean: redness, peeling, crepyness.

What you are discribing would be called purging. That's where it pushes "gunk" out of your skin.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Donnabe: Do you know if this purging is caused by RAM?
It actually is not taht bad... I can only see them when the mirror is like 2 inches away from my face.
I am jsut curious.
cheers
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Smile Yes, it is possible that is from the Retin A, give it a week, then see if you still haven't "flaked out". And yes, your uglies will come out because Retin A is de-gunking it. My friend who was impatient, gave up on retin A bacause it made her skin break out Sad

But patient people will get their rewards after their skin has been turned Wink

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |