Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Dr.Hauschka is making me break out!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ishi

Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just switched from an MD Formulations glycolic regimen to Dr. Hauschka, and my face hasn't looked this bad in years. Is this going to go away? I'm using the rythmic night conditioner too, and that hasn't changed anything. It's been about 2 weeks that I've been on the stuff. Should I give up and go back to the glycolic? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
no keep using it.. That happened to me at first then after like the 3rd or 4th week it got a lot better...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:27 am      Reply with quote
When I started it took a few weeks for the breakout to go away - but the wait was well worth it! It was very mild for me, though. Everybody reacts differently to certain products so you have to do what's right for you.
Mabsy

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:02 am      Reply with quote
I would continue to use it, however I think there is a stage where you need to stop and consider if your skin maybe just doesn't like that particular line. It's quite hard to figure out where/when that stage is. I also did experience a mild breakout when I started using Dr Hauschka but it cleared up and the results are fantastic (in particular from the cleansing cream).

Exactly what products are you using and what type of skin do you have?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I am using Dr Hauschka cleansing milk, cleansing Cream, then I use the Dr Hauschka Facial toner everyday day and night.

my skin is i'd say sensitive stubborn acne prone not too oily or really dry skin. Its more like in the middle depending on which products i use.

I have been exposed to the sun lately here in Florida whenever i go to class and stuff. Cause it is sunny here and when i walk to my car from class it hits my face so dont know if maybe that can be a reason.

Oh and i sometimes i mean sometimes use the moisturizer of Dr Hauschka. Should i use more of the moisturizer?

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm using the cleanser, toner, oil, and conditioner all for oily people. I'm 37 with mostly oily skin and large pores -- except for the ones that get clogged. I'll wait a couple of more weeks.

Thanks!

Mary
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ishi,

I have very similar skin to you, and I have tried Dr. Hauschka many times over the last 13 years. I always go back to some of their products becasue I do think they make very high quality - effective products.

First off, you have been using strong, very drying products on your skin. These products are great for short periods of time, yet when you depend on them to maintain clear skin you actaully damage your collagen and elastin. This dramatically increases the aging effect!!!

I have to say... try the DH for at least a month, see if you notice a positive change. Just bear with it, as I know how frustrating new outbreaks can be. If you find in that time your skin is still very bad, consider using maybe one or two different products.

The cleansing milk is really better for dry, normal, sensitive skin and can be too heavy for someone who is very acne prone - unless it is Rosacea (in that case you would not have large pores and very few comedones).

I personally have found that I can switch up cleansers, love the clarifying toner and have seen some really great results with the ProHeal Serum from IS Clinical. I have purchased the majority of the ISC line, and have to say I like the ProHeal best for Sensitive Acne prone skin. I still use DH products daily.

Let me know if this was informative or if you had any questions,, feel free to contact me.

Feliz
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. H made me break out too. I really wanted to like it since it's a more natural line but it just didn't work with my skin tone.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
This line wont work for everybody. It is normal for you to break out when you first use Dr. Hauschka since its the purging process, but if you dont see improvements after 3-4 weeks then i would switch to another product

Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |