Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Anti aging/firming/moisturising eye and face creams
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Please could any one help me. Im looking for eye and face creams to reduce wrinkles, mositurise and firm - both day and night ones.

At the moment I am using PSF Stimucol at night for my eyes, Stivectin (not sure this is doing anything) on my face am and pm, renova (just started this) so use it every 3rd day at the moment., PSF Vit C Serum in the day.

I dont feel ive quite got a proper routine going on here at the moment. Im happy to carry on with my stimucol, vit C and renova but need a mositurising and firming face cream for am and pm and also another eye cream. I have quite alot of crepiness around the eyes and they are saggy too. I also have a deep frown line which I would like to try and sort out

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:58 am      Reply with quote
As you suggested, it's a good idea to stick with the vitamin C and the stimucoll. I can't comment on the renova as I don't know anything about it.

Have you tried any argireline based products? Like Alphaderma or Relax-a-line? These would help with the frown lines. The Alphaderma, depending on your skin type, may be enough by itself so you won't need another moisturiser.

Btw, my Stimucoll hasn't errived yet so pardon my ignorance - is it also to be used once daily like a vit C serum? I'm not sure how much vit C it has in it...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy

I did try the Alphaderma sometime ago but couldnt see any results plus id read that DMAE can end up causing skin to sag if you stop using it. If this is not true then maybe i should go back to that - should i be using the alphaderma all ove my face and neck for moisture and firming and dehydrated skin

Ive also just been reading about Photolagen.

My main concerns are:-
the wrinkles around my eyes - would like to erase existing and prevent new ones from forming

Overall skin seems to look old and saggy - Im 37 but look so much older. my skin, to me, does look dehydrated. i do try and keep drinking plenty of water to help this.

frown lines and lines around the lip area

ummm - doesnt seem much hope when all this is happening at 37 Sad

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I had a feeling you might have tried it but wasn't sure. I hope someone can recommend to you a good firming cream, I usually just recommend what worked for my mum Embarassed

I am using Photolagen at the moment. I really like it but unfortunately I can't comment on its ability fo firm up or reduce wrinkles.

Btw, I would have thought that with the StimuColl you're already targetting your eye area concerns?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy

Ill have another think about the Alphaderma

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Which Alphaderma product have you tried?

I have [thanks to a very generous off from Janson Beckett] the DermaExcel7 ... which is a "spot treatment" for stubborn lines/wrinkles.

It does work ... and despite the scare-tactics of some who try to tell you that use of these topicals makes your skin sag if you ever stop ... balderdash! It is JUST scare mongering of the worst order.

If you stop using these products, your lines/wrinkles will return to how they were before you began using those products.

Botox, which is much more invasive, doesn't cause sagging if you stop getting the injections ... so none of these topicals is going to do that either.

The trouble is that none of these topicals is a permanent answer either.

I have begun to use Retin-A because it, apparently, actually encourages your body to product collagen ... which, in turn, can help with wrinkles etc.

From what I've read, most aging is photodamage ... meaning damage from the sun.

That said ... the way to help correct it is to help with the turnover of cells [retin-a/tretinoin], application of antioxidants [vitamin C] and sunblock.

Now, these things don't give you "instant" results ... but with time, they will give you results ... at least that's what I've read, although I've only used retin-a for a couple of months, so I can't confirm that personally. Laughing I am, however, hopeful. Very Happy

I didn't find any visible results from DMAE ... but that's just me.

I think if you want to affect a long-lasting result, you have to be willing to either pay for cosmetic surgery [not an option in our household] ... or begin a campaign that can affect your skin under the surface ... so retin-a/tretinoin and vitamin C & E and sunblock.

Hope this helps.

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I agree about the botox not resulting in sagging. I had started it about 4-5 years ago for the 11's between my eyebrows. I really frown and squint there when I am tired (and I didn't need glasses, just a bad habit) so the shots retrained that muscle. Started out every 6-7 months getting them, but then I found that I had to get them less and less often and the retinol and vit c products helped the lines revert back to almost nonexistent. Now I only touch it up once every 8-12 months but the lines have not come back and the muscle is totally retrained. I also did this for my lip lines because I liked to chew the inside of my lip. So the doc did a tiny little amount on the lower jaw muscle, one per side of my jaw. Then he added a touch of resty to fill and plump the line back out. Once the muscle relaxed and the line plumped, the products did their job of erasing the line. It does take a little time but in 6 months I saw a real improvement.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Salster68: Give the products you are using more time especially if your skin is not sensitive or tough like mine. Since last August I've used so many products. More than I can remember. I was so desperate and kept on changing every 3 to 4 weeks if I did not see improvement. About 1 or 2 months ago I can feel my skin is firmer But can not tell which product did it. Maybe all of them contribute some.

AnnieR: I've been chewing inside of my lips / cheeks for more than 30 years. I still do it but much less. I did not develop any lines around my lips but DEEP LAUGH LINES (Around my mouth.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, it's a horrible habit and I really wasn't even aware of it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
salster68,

Since you just started using renova, keep at it. It is suppose to take 6-8 before you see results. Retinoid is going to help build collagen in the long run. Make sure you are using a good spf in the morning, very very important.

Once your skin is adjusting to renova, you can also use it around your eyes.

I have been using renova for 7 months. Just hang in there.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Thank you all for your replys and good advice. I will carry on using the stimucoll on days that i dont use the renova and vit c Serum in the am.

Just wondering about an additional eye and face cream though. I have almost come to the end of the Strivectin - maybe there is something else that could help or am i best to go back to alphaderma

sorry to be a pain to you all

sally

Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Sally - MACrisis is getting good results from the Juvedical range. I can't remember if she mentioned firming though. Maybe you could PM her and see if it's something that you might be interested in? Be warned, Juvedical is beyond expensive....

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Mabsy. I keep reading about different products etc. Trouble is I have been so gullible over the years and have tried many things - alot have just been a waste of money and time - and now i find im over cautious and can not decide on what to try Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm... I like CellularSkinRx + Firming Serum, but if you want like wholeday hydration, get samples of La Roche Posay Active C? I think it only has 5% Vitamin C, but it's still quite potent, might be good for your sensitive skin. I use Active Eyes, and might I say it's really stable, because the gel does not turn, however, if you look at the end of the tube, it's yellowish, meaning the outer residue remnants have turned but the inside tube hasnt, really good packaging (well they're quite pricey so they better be:) )

Texture is Gel like, and stays hydrated for hours, you can pat it any time of the day Smile

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |