Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skinceuticals Vit C ... gone already??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I bought the Skinceuticals Vit C 10% I'd say about a month ago and I looked at the bottle today and was shocked to see it's almost gone?!? Whoa, I definitely can't afford to keep buying at that rate!

The instructions advise to use 4-5 drops but I guess I've been using more like 6... that's sincerely what it takes to cover my whole face. And no I don't have an enormous head or anything. Laughing

I can't really say whether I've noticed any tangible results from it... my skin does feel softer and smoother and looks a little rosier but I'm using other products, too (Retin A and glycolic) so it's hard to tell what specifically is doing what.

Basically what I'm asking is: Is Vitamin C really *that* essential and worth all that money??? Shock
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Janis,
Where did you purchase your skinceuticals from? EDS does not carry them, and I want to buy it.
thanks
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:42 am      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:
Hi Janis,
Where did you purchase your skinceuticals from? EDS does not carry them, and I want to buy it.
thanks

I got it fromwww.dermadoctor.com. They put in some free samples with my package, which was fun, and the delivery was quick.

Still, that stuff is expensive!

Can anyone recommend a cheaper but equally effective Vit-C serum? (I think I'm going to go up to 20% next time).
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I'd say that it takes a while to actually notice what Vitamin C is doing for your skin. I've been using Vitamin C regularly for several months now, and I do see a visible improvement in my skin.

My skin is clearer and brighter ... and the fine lines around my eyes have been improved as well.

However, I make my own Vitamin C serum ... the recipe for which is in the DIY thread.

It costs me pennies per serum ... and while I remake my serum every couple of weeks, at least it's fresh when I use it.

Before embarking on the home crafted Vitamin C serum, I had used a commercial brand and didn't see any improvement after using the entire bottle ...

The home crafted version, however, began showing a noticable improvement after a month or so ... although with increased use, one notices increased improvement as well.

Remember that Vitamin C is helping your skin fight free radicals ... so sometimes the "improvement" you see is that lack of damage ... if that makes any sense to you.

HTH

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I started with SkinCeuticals too... try CellularSkinRx! Smile It's half the price and I like it better Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I've just started making my own Vit C serum recently. It's quite easy to make and, more importantly, CHEAP enough so I can use it on my arms which shows far much sun damage than my face. Very Happy
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I make my own too... but I am having trouble diluting the crystal(I posted a thread about it).
It is frustrating coz sometimes I think I am just putting water and PG on my face Very Happy
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:
Hi Janis,
thanks

I got mine from ebay.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
10% is not that strong... I started with Cellex-C 17.5% and had great results in a short time. At the moment I am trying the IS Clinical Super Serum (15%) and I am liking it. I doubt I would ever use less than 15% solution again. I wish super serum was 17.5% or 20% though...
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:
I make my own too... but I am having trouble diluting the crystal(I posted a thread about it).
It is frustrating coz sometimes I think I am just putting water and PG on my face Very Happy

I just today made a new batch of the Vit. C serum, only this time I used the flax seed gel base, and it dissolved perfectly. Previously I used the KY Gel and it sometimes didn't completely.

The FS gel base isn't sticky and feels really nice. Smile
Mabsy

Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:36 am      Reply with quote
I think if you try something like Vivier, CSRx or PSF they will last you longer because of their texture - it is more substantial, rather than just like water, so you are more aware of how much you are putting on. My C serums definitely last me a lot longer than a month. And, yes, absolutely, I think they are worth using on an ongoing basis.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:51 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to say in my last post.. when I had the Cellex-C (also watery) mine was only a 15ml bottle and I used 6 or 7 drops every morning for face and neck - that 1/2 size bottle lasted me 3 months.
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:31 am      Reply with quote
My first bottle of 15 ml JB C&C lasted about a month when used twice daily and 5 drops per application. Wink
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |