Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
I'm the happiest woman in the whole wide universe tonight!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:05 am      Reply with quote
I am toooooooooo happy and did not know where to start. Today I went to my yoga class as usual and about 2/3 through the class a guy next to me who I’ve been doing yoga with for about 5 years and we go to the same class at least twice a week, he asked me what did I do to my face. I asked him what did he mean and he said “Did you have a fact lift? Your face looks smaller and your skin looks tighter!” (I was off doing yoga for 2 weeks due to stiffed neck.) I was dancing and singing in the studio for the rest of the class. (It’s an advance class and same people have been doing this class together for at least 4 years.) After we finished our routine I asked him “Were you serious or you’re just BS”. He told me he’s serious and DID see difference. He’s a serious man and I believed him. I am sooooooooooo happy.

Let me think what have I used since last August when this Middle Age Crisis syndrome begins:

1. Shuyis: Guttering Energy Steps, Eye Multi-Active Essence
2. Cellcosmet: Eye Cream, Ultra Vita
3. Skin Nature: HA Gel 100%
4. Environ C-Quence 1
5. Yonka: Lotion, Serum…… too happy to look for the name
6. JB: ADCE, Skin Prep, C& C, DermaExcel7
7. La Mer: CDLM, Eye Cream, The Concentrate, The Face Serum, The Lifting Intensifier
8. Skin Medica: TNS Recovery, C Complex, Retinol Complex, Dermal Repair
9. Amino Genesis: Photolagen, Cleanser, Repair Formula, Anti-Aging Serum, Under Eye Treatment.
10. Jan Marini: Bioglycolic Cleanser, C-Esta Serum, Bioglycolic Cream, Intervention Cream, Transformation Cream
11. Re’Vive: Volume Serum, Booster-C, Renewing Cream, Eye Cream
12. Juvedical: Face Serum, Day Cream, Night Cream, Eye Serum, Eye Cream
13. Dr. Perricone: Facial Conformer
14. Dermalogica: Special Cleansing Gel, Intensive Moisture Balance, Intensive Eye Repair, Multivitamin Power-Firm for Eyes and Lips, Multivitamin Power Concentrate
15. PSF: StimuColl-C Intensive Eye Serum, Retinol Nite Repair 1%
16. Murad: Essential C Eye Cream SPF 15
17. SkinCeuticals: C E Ferulic Serum
18. OCM, ACV Toner
19. Emu Oil, KuKui Nut Oil, Oguma Water
20. OxyLight
21. Dermaroller
22. Mask: Dr H Rejuvenating Mask, Valmont Renewing pack, Cellcosmet Anti-Stress Mask, Dermalogica Multi-Vitamin Power Recovery Mask, Skin Hydrating Mask, Intensive Moisture Mask, lots of Herb DIY masks.

All of the above I’ve used for at least 3 weeks and not to mention those I used less than 3 weeks, and lots, lots of samples.

I know I’m crazy but it pays!!!! I’m the happiest woman in the whole wide universe tonight!!! I really do not know which products did it and there’s no way I can figure it out. I guess I just have to finish all of them. Well, it’ll last me good 1 or 2 years.

Thank all of you who posted here giving tips, reviews, DIY recipes…. Special thanks to Caspers_Mum and Keiko @ EDS who gave me suggestions and patiently listened to my questions and problems and stopped me from buying more skin care products. And Mabsy who helped me with my routine, my credit card and encouraged / comforted me when I was down.

I don’t think I’m going to be able to sleep tonight.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:08 am      Reply with quote
My goodness gracious! You spent a fortune...I cant believe my eyes when I saw your list. I must tell my husband that I am only spending peanuts when comparing to you. But what the heck if you can afford them and you are happy. Whoever said " Money cant buy you happiness" is definitely wrong.
Mabsy

Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:02 am      Reply with quote
That's a huge list, but a great outcome! Nothing better than an honest opinion of someone who has known you for a long time.

Think of it this way though - you have your own beauty salon supply at home so now you can just happily concentrate on using everything up and lay off buying more for a while Angel

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:06 am      Reply with quote
that's absolutely wonderful! but, lordy, that list is looooooong.... anyways, congrats! hope you got *some* sleep and didn't spend the whole night doing this Brick wall tee hee. truly, that is fantastic!

mabsy, maybe this is the answer to your sleep problems? put every single product mentioned above on your face and you'll still be awake at the 'witching hour' (mine, personally, is four). THEN you can have sweet dreams and sleep soundly -- as long as your face doesn't slide off the pillow....
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
How wonderful to hear those words!! Sweet!

Now if you could only pair down your long list to try and figure out which products really really made a difference....Ohhhh you could share it with us Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:54 am      Reply with quote
The list is soooooooooo long. Especially it's just for about 8 months!

I honestly feel happy for you! Very Happy And I think the improvement is really obvious so that a GUY would notice it. Surprised
tinakiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Wow!!! That's some compliment, congrats! And since a guy noticed, the improvement must have been really fantastic. I'm really beginning to believe that taking care of my skin will pay some day! You're encouraging my mania for trying everything I see Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
ah.......... i am so happy for you....
do you think you can pinpoint which products might work more than others.....
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
That's great. Did you use a group of products for three week time periods. That's a lot of things to use all at one time.

Can you tell the effects of any of the individual products?
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
That is great!! I don't mind spending the money if you can get great results, it is worth it IMO.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi MACrisis - I can imagine your elation -- what a compliment! Wow! It's every middle-aged woman's dream come true! I'm so happy for you Very Happy

But jeez, your product list is unbelievably long. I suspect that things you bought earlier didn't give you the kind of results you were hoping for, or else you wouldn't have kept trying new lines. I know you said you can't pinpoint what's made the most difference, but surely you can tell us what you've been using lately and/or consistently since last August. You may want to add how you've incorporated these into your routine.

And I wonder if you can give yourself a good, objective look in the mirror to try to discern just exactly what has improved. For instance, sometimes when people's eye area improves, it seems to make the whole face look better because eyes are such a focal point. Or an overall diminishing of fine lines could be a clue as to what's working and giving you results.

You can't just tell us this great news and leave us dangling with a list of products that many people would require a mortgage to pay for!!! Come on girl -- help us out here!!!

Gee, could it possibly be the yoga????
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:46 am      Reply with quote
I think it is one of the best compliments when out of nowhere someone notices something like that. Especially if it's something that you have been in a lot of time and effort (and money!) for!
I had a similar thing happen the other day at work. One of my coworkers commented that my complexion looked radiant and wanted to know what I used. I suggested Vitamin C serum and then sent her a link to this website! I told her I learned a lot about skincare here. It was a great compliment as I had struggled with adult acne from 18 on (recently cleared up with Accutane). After all of those horrible years of insecurity and hiding behind my hair, it's great to hear someone say that your skin looks great!!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Happy for you!!!
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
That's great news. Glad to hear all the work (and products) are paying off!
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
When this Middle Age Crisis hits me last August, I thought I was the ugliest person in the universe!! I did not see anything but my wrinkles, sagging skin, dark circles, sun spots, laugh lines, ……..I was in hell!! I’d check everybody’s face to compare with mine. And no matter how bad are they, they all seemed better than mine! I was always confident about my appearance. I might not be the best one but definitely above average and I have healthy diet, exercise regularly, keep myself fit, …… And the worst of all, I thought people having Middle Age Crisis need a life!! And here I am, hitting by it very, very HARD.I don’t know if any of you around my age went through this. It’s definitely not a fun thing. It did not have a “grace period”, it just hit me overnight!!!

I bought Shuyis and Cellcosmet and then the very expensive Dr. Perricone Facial Conformer (Sep, 2005). I guess because I was so depressed so I did not see any improvement from any product I used even if there were some. After I used ˝ bottle of Facial Conformer I moved on. I kept on buying and trying. If I did not see any improvement in 3 weeks I moved on to another line. This continued until I used Jan Marini. early this year. I used JM Bioglycolic Cleanser, C-Esta Serum, Bioglycolic Cream, Intervention lotion both Am and PM. And after 3 weeks, the first time in last 6 months I saw improvement. My face looked brighter and more even skin tone. Because I had a procedure to remove sun spots so I had to stop JM and used Emu oil and Crčme De La Mer. And then I saw Bushy’s good review on Juvedical. I bought the whole line and again I saw improvement. My skin is smoother and my puffy eyes are better.

During last 8 months' buying and trying, every day I felt so guilty spending so much money on skin care. But I just keep on buying and buying. I believed having good skin care in my closet can help my skin. And whoever gives a good review on a certain product I can try it right away.

My current routine:

AM: Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel, White Rose Water/Oguma, SkinCeutical C E Ferulic, Skin Nature HA 100%, Juvedical Renewing Eye Serum, Eye Cream, Face Serum, Day Cream, OxyLight, JM Antioxidant SPF 30

PM: Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel, White Rose Water/Oguma, Juvedical Eye Serum, Eye Cream, Caudalie Radiant Serum, Dermaroller, Dr. Perricone Facial Conformer

I’ll go back to use Juvedical Renewing Night Cream after I used up my Dr P Facial Conformer because I saw a glowing face in the morning when I used it before Dr P. But I don’t want to layer too many things on my face so I’m not using it now.

I felt my face was firmer about 1 or 2 months ago and lately I felt it’s getting firmer and firmer. I really don’t want to admit that Dr. Perricone Facial Conformer is the one contributed to this but I did see a big change after I re-used it. (I used it last September and stopped after 1 ˝ months.)

Behind door secrets: I used 2 parts pearl powder and 1 part sweet rice powder mixed with Oguma / White Rose Water as a mask twice a week. This recipe was from my Chinese Herbal doctor, and it is for brighten / even skin tone. And eating “White tree ear” (same family as mushroom) with rock sugar and Chinese dates every day. Mabsy, hold on to your chair before I say the 2nd one or you might fall off since you did not get enough sleep lately……….. I slap my face 108 times when taking a shower every day. I knew this trick about 15 years ago and believe me some of my friends have been doing it for years. Carekate, I know you are going to laugh. Believe me, I’ll laugh with you!!! For those who want to try the slapping thing, do it when you take a shower, it’s less painful. Dry slap in winter time is really hurting!! And last, I spray my face with White Rose Water / Oguma at least 5 times a day.

I still have fine lines, sagging skin, dark circles under my eyes. I still have lots of sum spots. I still have deep laugh lines and broken capillaries. And my Middle Age Crisis is not over yet. But now, I feel better, more confidence!!! Again, thank you, all of you!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Even better yet it was a compliment from a man of all people, they don't notice much at all unless they trip over it.......woohooo way too go that must feel great.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I see you are using dermaroller (little needles?) what does this do. Does it abrade the skin?

You also use Oxylight what results did you see from this?

Thanks.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMaire: I was quite surprised too. In yoga class we discuss healthy food, supplements, muscle tone, and postures. We don't talk about skin care or wrinkles.....

Sharky: dermaroller has 90+ fine / short needles on it. You roll on your skin and it pokes small holes helping your skin absorb your serum / cream. I bought it 1 or 2 months ago, used it every day for few weeks and ended up a dry forhead BUT I noticed the wrinkles under the tip of my right eye were softer. Now I only use it on that area and my 11s (it shows only when I frown). I have non-sensitive skin but it hurts, especially the second morning after I put on my serum. OxyLight, I bought it last Sep or Oct. Its function was supposed to like many fingers tapping on your face and bring more Oxygen to your skin. Faithfully used it for few month AM & PM. I did not see any improvement and then stopped. But after a month I saw the skin next to my laugh line around my mouth was loose. I started to use it again. I use dermaroller at PM and OxyLight at AM. I don't want to use OxyLight 2/day to get my face tired and sagged. HTH.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis, I am curious about your slapping routine (were you waiting for this question? Laughing ). What is the supposed benefit, and also, why 108 times?
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
And, how hard should I slap? I have sleeping disorder lately too. Confused
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
What I remembered from the article was slapping your face will improve your circulation and exercise your facial muscles. I start from my chin: using the back of your hands forming a V (the shape of your chin) and slap upward. This is to eliminate double chin. And then I use my fingers and the top of my palms to slap my face (fingers facing up), from jaw line moving up to cheek bones to temples and end at my forhead and then down and then up and then down and..... It hurts if you slapped one spot too many times. You can slap right hand and left hand or both hands together. How hard I slap my face? I feel the pain, just a little pain not much. Believe me, after 100 times a little pain become .......hmmmmmmmmmm, not intense pain but enough pain. Why 108 times? Because my mala has 108 beads. And I know how many time I slapped every day. I do lots of things by the multiple of 36. My Chi Gong master told me 36 is a magic number. Why? I don't know. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis: I am interested in the white rose water that you use. where can I buy it?
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere:

I bought my white rose water fromwww.rosayfruta.com. But I did not see any rose water listing now. You can call Elizabeth and ask. I use the white rose water as a toner or mix it with all of my "Powder" mask.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
they have a combo -- rose water mixed with argan oil. could this be what you're using? http://www.rosayfruta.com./pages/3192/Lluvia_de_Argania.htm

as for 108 and 36, etc, it's all in the Tibetan multiples of nine which are supposed to be auspicious. (i do the same myself Very Happy )

a brief explanation, for any one interested can be seen at: http://www.tibet.cn/tibetzt/tibet50-en/story/doc/story_807.htm
xxophelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
MAcrisis, I was wondering about the sweet rice powder thingy, where did you get it and what does it actually do? I read it somewhere that there is something in rice which has the ability to create and maintain youthful and beautiful skin. Now I have a box of pearl powder somewhere and would love to try your recipe given that I can purchase the rice powder. What else do I really need for this behind door secret? Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |