Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lip fusion XL
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Has anybody used Lipfusion XL? if so... has it caused a dramatic difference?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I use this or Citylips. I notice my lips are fuller but not dramatically. It does plump, but not Angelina Jolie plump, lol!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
It works...but not really much better than the regular LipFusion. I probably wont repurchase when this runs out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
On sephora lipfusion XL is $70 canadian!! Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:33 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
On sephora lipfusion XL is $70 canadian!! Surprised
IMHO (and remember, I've tried nearly all of the topical plumpers!), it's not worth it!

Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I sent in to sample the First Impression lip plumper from the add. The shipping is only 3.95 and then you send it back if you don't like it or they charge you $59 after 30 days. Now I'm stuck because I'm totally in love with the product but never had any intention of spending $59. At 56 my lips had begun shinking and now they look they they did in my high school graduation picture. My 30 day trial period is almost up and I'm either going to have to bite the bullet,sent the stuff back or pay for it. Aaaach! Confused But if you're willing to pay for it,or you just want to try it out for $3.95 for a month with the option of sending it back, then I would try this stuff. It's amazing. Just type in first impression for lips on the search engine.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:05 am      Reply with quote
FYI - I stopped at Walgreens on the way home the other day and – despite my best intentions – a tube of the new ‘imposter’ LipFusion somehow found it’s way in to my shopping basket. It’s only $9.99 and I really feel that it works as well as regular LipFusion. For the record, this stuff is called “Lip Enhancer with advanced hyaluronic filling spheres” and they have it on special display in the cosmetic area, again for less than ten bucks. If you’ve been dying to try LipFusion but can’t bring yourself to print with that much money, you might want to give this a shot!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I can't say I've noticed any more difference than the regular lipfusion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Carekate...the cost of the LipFusion XL is just not worth it! I can't say I see no results from it, but certainly no more than I do with the less expensive topicals (Sugar "Pump 'Em Up", Sally Hansen, etc.). I have actually seen the Walgreens "imposter" LipFusion and have been dying to try it...now I just may have to! Laughing

As a side note, I was in ULTA yesterday and saw a Sally Hansen display where their Lip Inflation now comes in four different colors...but apparently they were pretty popular because there was only one left! But I do like that product (and the price!) a lot, so I'm sure I'll be back to try it out in one of the shades. I wish the "imposter" brand from Walgreens also came in colors!

Mary
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
The Sally Hansen plumper is the kind that stings/irritates your lips, temporarily making them look fuller. This one has more of a cooling tingle rather than the hot burn that similar plumpers like DuWop's Lip Venom or Too Faced Lip Injection have, so it didn't make my lips flush/redden. I had the clear version and liked it a lot (it also gave me a really nice, super-glossy look) but the taste was awful--chemically, fruity-mint (blech). The texture of the gloss (not sticky, kinda slippery) made it easy for it to leak into my mouth, so tasting it was sorta unavoidable. The tube also leaks a bit. I saw the display for the colored ones, and would've gotten one except I remembered the icky taste. But if you don't mind it, Sally Hansen's Lip Inflation is a good, bargain lip plumper.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
As a side note, I was in ULTA yesterday and saw a Sally Hansen display where their Lip Inflation now comes in four different colors...but apparently they were pretty popular because there was only one left!
I saw that myself, from the corner of my eye when I was checking out at Walgreens. I guess this means I'm going to have to stop by Walgreens on the way to work in the morning (gotta love those 24-hour stores!) and see what colors are available in LipInflation....

I have no will power!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
FYI - I stopped at Walgreens on the way home the other day and – despite my best intentions – a tube of the new ‘imposter’ LipFusion somehow found it’s way in to my shopping basket. It’s only $9.99 and I really feel that it works as well as regular LipFusion. For the record, this stuff is called “Lip Enhancer with advanced hyaluronic filling spheres” and they have it on special display in the cosmetic area, again for less than ten bucks. If you’ve been dying to try LipFusion but can’t bring yourself to print with that much money, you might want to give this a shot!

me too! jumped in my basket, I really like it. At first I found it too shiny and gooey gloopy. However I found that if I apply it and let it settle in for a bit, dab excess shine from the outter of my lips, and then add a touch of burts lip shimmer over it, it looks and feels really good. Also I've started exfoliating (Gently!) my lips. The whole routine leaves me with moistured soft full natural look.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Carekate, I have no willpower, either!! Laughing That's one reason why I love it when you post your "bargain finds." At least this way I can indulge my beauty product fixation without completely draining the bank account!

Mary Smile
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the walgreens "lipfusion" over a week ago. I kept thinking I would post about it but I forgot. I think I am going to take it back. I HATE THE WAY IT TASTES!!!!! Yuck!!!

The Sally Hansen also tastes really bad.

Carekate: How long did it take for the lips to plump??

How long did the fullness last?
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, details please. Also, how did it taste to you . Because I have the Sally Hansen (my only venture into lip plumping) and it works a little, but tastes like red bull- gross. Does it work better than SH? Thanks!
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Okay...after Carekate's post about the "impostor" LipFusion at Walgreens, I had to break down and try it. Laughing Glad I did, because - at least for me - it does the same job that LipFusion XL does at 1/5 the price!

I think I will finish the XL and start using this stuff as a night treatment (perhaps interspersing with the clear CityLips that I still have, and got inexpensively on Ebay). It's also nice for day, but sure wish it came in colors!

So...thanks for another great recommendation Carekate!

Mary Smile
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I got the Walgreens imposter over a month ago.. I like it a lot... I need to get a new tube..

I've been using the Two Faced Lip Injection Extreme, almost 2 weeks. I tried it out at ULTA, and almost instantly my lips did plump, with NO sting.. The SA was telling me that after 6 months the effect becomes permanent.. Don't know about that, but between that and the Walgreens one, and my Hydraplenish, I'm happy...
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Could someone who's tried the walgreens imposter tell me how it tastes? If it tastes okay I'll get it tomorrow! Very Happy
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cloud 9!

You're probably going to get all kinds of different answers on this one! But as for me...this is going to sound weird...my interpretation of the smell/taste is that it's sort of sweet and a bit bubblegummy-fruity. I looked at the ingredients, and way down on the list is peppermint oil...but aside from a slight cooling sensation, I really don't taste mint.

All in all, I feel the taste/smell is pretty mild...but that's just my opinion! Also - somebody tell me if I'm wrong, please - I think if you don't like it Walgreen's will take it back.

Hope this helps some! Smile

Mary
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
oh yeah, I forgot you can return to walgreens. I was just worried that it would taste horrible like the sally hansen plumper. It's hard to even use it because it tastes so gross! Thank you for answering! It definitely helped. I think I'm going to get it tomorrow, and I'll report back. Very Happy
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
I pretty much agree with what Mary said.. I can't realy say I taste any taste and it has no stinging effect on me, not even a slight one...
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
It's also nice for day, but sure wish it came in colors!
If they DO start making the imposter LipFusion in colored versions (which I personally feel is inevitable!), I just hope they make them more “pigmented” than the colored LipFusions because I thought those were a complete waste of money. I tried three of them and I honestly couldn’t tell any difference between them and when I just applied the original clear!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Carekate, funny that you posted about the colored LipFusions! My nearby ULTA just started carrying them, and even though I thought they were too pricey...of course, the thought crossed my mind to try them. Laughing

But it sounds like I'm really not missing much...and it would bug me, too, if I spent $36.00 and there wasn't enough color in the gloss! Speaking of that issue, I did just get 2 of the Sally Hansen colored Lip Inflations (Sheer Pink and Sheer Blush)...and they have less color in them that I had hoped (very faint pinky tone). However, since I only spent $8.50 for both of them (on sale at the local drugstore), I'm not too bummed!

Here's hoping the "impostor" comes out in decently pigmented colors...SOON!

Mary Smile
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Glad my "two-cents" helped, Cloud 9! Smile Will be very interested to see what you think about the impostor gloss...

Mary
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
So, I got the imposter, and I've had it on about 20 minutes, and nothing yet. How long does it take? It sort of bothers me that it doesn't tingle or hurt or anything.

I also saw a new Wet n' wild lip plumping gloss, $3.99... the display said it has Maxilip. If this doesn't work for me maybe I'll exchange for that.

Also, people have said that maybe lip plumpers only work on older people who have lost volume due to aging. I'm 23, and have never had full lips, maybe I just don't have anything to plump? I bought some HA pills today, so I guess we'll see! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Mon May 13, 2024 10:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |