Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Need some good advice - no matter what - blocked pores.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

I have tried every type of product to help keep my skin clear and my pores open, yet no matter what they still seem to be quite congested. I have gone for facials, yet my pores are once agian clogged. This is a mystery to me as I have used many type of AHA's, etc. I am currently using
Mineral Cleansing Concentrate - Eminence Organic
Proheal Serum or Super Serum (IS Clinical)
with Hydra cool,
Active Serum (ISC)

C-eye Gel (ISC)
A few masks from Eminence Organics.

Please let me know if any of you have really found somthing that works.

THanks,

Feliz
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Oh the dreaded blocked pores.
Here is what has worked for me:

Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream - I find it is more effective to leave it on for 5 minutes so that it really draws anything from my pores.

Toner especially witch Hazel and also Apple Cider Vinegar Toner is good at clearing out pores.

Using an Oil instead of a regular moisturiser, I found when I was using moisturisers they tended to clog my skin, since I have switched to Jojoba Oil, my skin has been much brighter and pores clearer.

Dr Hauschka Clay Mask - This is ever so gentle and again good at drawing out any impurities.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I have the same problem. Doesn't matter what I do, they still get blocked.
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm the exact same way. Blocked pores all over my nose, cheeks, chin.

Any solution I've found (i.e. extractions during a facial ) is very temporary. I've given up there, and I honestly don't even really care about it too much.

Just cleansing regularly and using glycolic helps the pores look a lot better, so I'll just have to be satisfied with that.

And others might flame me for this, but I think with those bigger blackheads, if you are careful (i.e. use antiseptic and tissues and be gentle), squeezing them out every so often is all right. I know... gross. Rolling Eyes
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I do my own extractions. This is the only thing that helps.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Please be very careful if you did your own extrations!!! When I was 13 or 15, too old to remember, I try to squeeze a black head from the left side of my nose. I did it and left a tiny, red dot on my nose. One dot became 2 dots, then 3 dots, then 4..... now I have 8, BROKEN CAPILLARIES!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks,
But I use an extraction tool, and it does a great job.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

Thank you Rosebud,

I have tried the Cleansing cream - yet when my skin starts to break out - I freak out adn stop using it. I found my skin at first became REALLY congested. Does this eventually balance out??

I think I have similar skin to you, as I have read a ton of your posts

Feliz
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Doba, Janis and MACrisis,

I too have given myself many home facials and extractions, as well as used glycolic acids. I find they help a little, yet other problems arise. I have heard about oil cleansing method, yet am a little terrified to try it, as well as being too much of a product junky!!

I have to say, I find proplene gycols (sp) to be very clogging to the pores rather than oils. As I mentioned I have used the ISC for the last 4 months or so and it must be the PB in the products that really seemed to clogged my pores. I am sure not all people will have these problems with ISC.

It is wonderful to get a little expert advice from people who also struggle with these pesky problems!! Thanks.

Feliz
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Differin at night, it's an RX.

BHA during the day.

Clean and careful home extractions (I've been doing this for years.)

Use of a gycolic product ie: cleanser, peel etc.

Go to acne.org and check the products you are using and see if they have pore clogging ingrediants.
Allie Grace
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
Thanks,
But I use an extraction tool, and it does a great job.

If you don't mind, I have never heard of this...where can I find one and what's it called..."extraction tool"??? I could really use something like this:)

Allie
Allie Grace
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
nevermind! I googled it:) I never knew such a thing existed.

Allie
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Have you try OCM method? It works for many people.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
how often do you exfoliate and are you using a clay/mud mask at all?

oli
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I have never tried OCM, although I have read wonderful testimonials. Has anyone tried this cleansing method? I recently saw a new product added to the line In Fiore - it was a cleansing balm. That seems very rich to use as a cleanser!!!! Yet some people swear it makes their skin wonderful, regardless of skin type?

Clays masks...yes I faintly remember my mask craze!! I think this has helped my skin. Has anyone had really good results with clay? I know Rosebud recomends DH clay mask, which is really nice, I should give it a try.

Thanks,

Feliz
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, you know what I have had great results with? The microfiber cloth! It doesn't necessarily have to be "dermal grade" like the people selling the skin ones say. I use one that I bought in a four pack at walgreens! The as seen on tv kind. Its supposed to be for cleaning and microfiber grabs every last bit of dirt it claims. Well I started using it on my face like six months ago and my skin has never been so fabulous. Its like microdermabrasion I think, and I've had that. I like this better! It's not too rough for me but maybe it could be for some people. I use a little bit of baking soda with it sometimes, but usually just use it with grapefruit seed extract liquid to wash my face. Don't buy into the people selling these on ebay that want to charge $12 for one or something just use a clean new one! I think you'll like the results!
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
PhoebesMeow wrote:
Hi, you know what I have had great results with? The microfiber cloth! It doesn't necessarily have to be "dermal grade" like the people selling the skin ones say. I use one that I bought in a four pack at walgreens! The as seen on tv kind. Its supposed to be for cleaning and microfiber grabs every last bit of dirt it claims. Well I started using it on my face like six months ago and my skin has never been so fabulous. Its like microdermabrasion I think, and I've had that. I like this better! It's not too rough for me but maybe it could be for some people. I use a little bit of baking soda with it sometimes, but usually just use it with grapefruit seed extract liquid to wash my face. Don't buy into the people selling these on ebay that want to charge $12 for one or something just use a clean new one! I think you'll like the results!

OoOOh. I'm going to try that. Those things can get fingerprints off my walls surely they can get dirt off my face. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Feliz wrote:
I have never tried OCM, although I have read wonderful testimonials. Has anyone tried this cleansing method? I recently saw a new product added to the line In Fiore - it was a cleansing balm. That seems very rich to use as a cleanser!!!! Yet some people swear it makes their skin wonderful, regardless of skin type?

Clays masks...yes I faintly remember my mask craze!! I think this has helped my skin. Has anyone had really good results with clay? I know Rosebud recomends DH clay mask, which is really nice, I should give it a try.

Thanks,

Feliz

i use juvena's clay mask once a week and have found that it has controlled blackheads on my nose, which was my main problem area.

oli
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:27 am      Reply with quote
I use Baking soda to clear clogged pores
stephie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:43 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I use Baking soda to clear clogged pores

Please elaborate! hmm

Quote:
Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream - I find it is more effective to leave it on for 5 minutes so that it really draws anything from my pores.

Does this mean you leave it on like a mask? plus, do you still massage/roll it on in the beginning? hmm hmm
mocha
5% products discount

Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Borghese mud mask is very good for deep cleansing. However, if you have sensitive skin, I suggest you not to leave it on too long.
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
mocha wrote:
Borghese mud mask is very good for deep cleansing. However, if you have sensitive skin, I suggest you not to leave it on too long.

Hello, thanks for your advice. I put one
teaspoon of baking soda and then add a few drops of water to make it become a paste. Then, I put it on my face and wash it immediately.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
just thought I would post a follow up. I really altered my skin care regiem.
I have been using Dr.Hauschka (love their prodcuts)Cleansing Cream in the morning...yet I stayed with it regardless of the minor white heads and little pimples.
Clarifying Toner and Normalizing day oil. I use IS Clinical Proheal or SUper Serum at night and Rejuvenation Mask 1 a week.

I have to say my pores are much smaller and I did not break out that bad from teh DH partly due to the ISC I have been using at night.

Other benefits I have noticed are: more even skin color, less readness (even though that was not a concern), my skin has a dewy texture to it and I have stopped wearing make up. I have been usign the ISC powdered SPF 20, that comes with a brush.

I think for my skin the combo of Dr.H and ISC is amazing.

Feliz
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the "brush" it works wonders!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Jan Marini has a product called Bioclear. It has aha, salicylic, and azelaic. It's pretty potent, but it does the work.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |