Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

need rec for face cream given all of my concerns (please)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:05 am      Reply with quote
I apologize in advance... this is one of those annoyingly long posts- that is probably hard to follow b/c I have trouble being concise and commuicating my thoughts- and has a lot of specifics that people don't want to take or have time to read. So if you do read through all of it, bless your heart and thank you. Smile

I believe in using essential oils with carrier oils etc etc for moisture and skin treatments; but honestly, I am starting to get tired and annoyed by oils because they are either too, well, oily or I have to wait a long while for them to soak in before I can go to my next skin care step or apply makeup. Particularily, I just don't think using simple jojoba oil in the morning is right for me. SO, I would like to find a good reputable all-in-one (ain't I just the typical American?) skin cream/lotion that I can apply to my face where it can just soak in and hydrate my skin while it prevents aging and free radical damage-blah blah blah.

For the last few weeks I have been using Cellex-C B5 gel followed by Skinceuticals Phyto Corrective complexion calming gel (actually have been using this for a year) and added a sample of Skin Medica Rejuvinating cream for the last week and a half. (What I am trying to say is that I have been using all 3 products together for a week and a half). Before this regime I was having "issues" with dehydrated/flaky skin. Now it is fairly under control hydration-wise and I am trying to normalize my skin and heal my "wounds" from a bad break out that started a little over a month ago and that is now calming down.

I also use prescription Tazorac .1% (similar to Retin A) and Benzaclin so I am concerned with using a cream with retinol or glycolic acid or something like this in it which I really don't need and would just probably irritate my skin.

I need your advice and/or recommendations for the ideal cream for my age (26). I am concerned with the following:

antioxidants
skin healing/ tissue repairing (like B5)
hydrators
fine line wrinkle treatment
age prevention
calming
evening out skin tone
non-comedogenic/ non-acneic
simple ingredients

I am going to try adding my vit C serum sample into my regimen but when I did this last time- and I don't know if this is just a coincidence- my skin went into freak out mode and broke out all over (but I was VERY stressed out and anxious preceding this break out AND I think I was using the OCM incorrectly by using to much castor oil...or maybe my skin reacted to the olive oil??? I don't know).

I don't want to go over board and buy something that, really, I wouldn't need until I am 45 or something. BUT I want to address my aforementioned concerns.

Am I making sense? Embarassed

I am just so overwhelmed by all of the choices out there and what really works and is worth the price. Help me please!

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi amnis, I think the Dermalogica range would be good Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I agree with rosebud on the dermalogica. I've only just started using them and I'm slowly going through different samples to figure out what's right for me. There's a couple of products that I think my skin is slowly beginning to really like.

I haven't really found my HG eye cream, which is my main concern at this stage but some creams are better than others...so I keep trying. Rolling Eyes

Good luck with your search, you've certainly come to the right place. Laughing We're all searching and this is a great forum to discuss on because there's lots of experienced people who can help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:04 am      Reply with quote
If you are looking for "all in one" kind of products, perhaps you should look into IS Clinical.

Their Super Serum would cover a whole wad of your desires... it has Vit. C, B5, Hyaluronic acid and other antioxidants in it which would cover virtually everything on your list.

Then if you are looking at replacing your prescription creams you might want to look at their Active Serum or Pro Heal or Poly-Vitamin Serum.

Best thing is to send a comprehensive list of your skin condition to the ladies here at EDS (or the other sites that sell IS Clinical if you prefer) and get expert recommendations from them. You could also ask for some samples.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Hello!

I agree with Tiger Tim in that IS Clinical might be the way for you to go. The Pro Heal will help with the minor breakouts in addition to which it has Vit. C and Vit E--both great antioxidants! In the evening you could alternate your Rx product with Active Serum or Poly Vitamin. As needed you could use your moisturizer that you have on hand. Try doing the skin analysis onwww.skinterra.com and see what they suggest. Another great etailer to contact is Mary atwww.theskincareinstitute.com
A great calming mask that I love is Dermalogica's Multi Power Mask (not the exact name). This mask is wonderful for soothing and calming--my HG!

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
vitamin C helps a lot to even out my skin tone. And it is great for age prevention and will increase your skin's ability to heal(antioxidant activity)..

If there is only one thing you want to add, then I think Vit C is the way to go...
neroliwater
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
It takes a while to see the results of essential oil mixed with base oil and the most important thing is to use it continuously and be patient. Besides, if you just use a few drops each time while your face is damp, it can be absorbed very easily.

I agree with Tangerine's idea of adding VC to your routine.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I have recently found a skincare line at my local drugstore...La Roche-Posay and I have been using the Tolerane line. I have had great results. It is a light lotion that absorbs quickly and really moisturizes without clogging pores. I have very sensitive/acne prone skin and it has worked for me.

Good luck.
neroliwater
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
I have recently found a skincare line at my local drugstore...La Roche-Posay and I have been using the Tolerane line. I have had great results. It is a light lotion that absorbs quickly and really moisturizes without clogging pores. I have very sensitive/acne prone skin and it has worked for me.

Good luck.

LRP is a good line for sensitive skin. It's so lucky for you to get it at your local drugstore. I have to get it from the internet and some places even require consultation before orders.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I agree with the ISC Pro Heal suggestion. I have only been using this product a little over a week, and can already see a marked improvement in the clarity of my skin. I also LOVE that it's great for slightly oily skin, as it leaves my face quite "matte" even by the end of the day.
Other C's have always given me that slightly shiny or greasy look, esp. the ones with hyaluronic acid in them, which I think are much better suited to dry/normal skin.
I am really loving Pro Heal so far, and may have at last found my HG of Vit.C products! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
sportygirl, so glad to hear you are having such success with Pro Heal. I am really enjoying the Super Serum and will be purchasing my full size next week!
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I haven"t tried the Super Serum, but have been eyeing that as well! Laughing
I hope I win the lottery soon. Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone Smile

This is a great start. I was looking into ISC awhile ago and I guess I kind of forgot about it simply b/c there is nobody in my area that carries it and I want to try samples first. I will look into obtaining samples online though now I think.

neroliwater- as for the EOs + carrier oils, I have been using them for over a year and used Clarins' Lotus oil for two years before that. I know they helped my skin.... like I said, I am just tired of the greasiness. I don't think I will completely eliminate them from my regime. I probably sounded like I would never touch them again in my first post in this thread. Not true. I think I might continue to use them at night at least. Smile Just not in the AM.

As for my Rx topicals... I am going to stick to them at least for now. I will see what my derm doc says at my next appt at least about the benzaclin. I know the tazorac is the most powerful thing I can be doing for my damaged skin (from scarring and my sun exposure) in comparison to OTC retinol products. Like I said before, I want to add antioxidants etc etc to my regimen.

I guess since trying that sample of the SkinMedica cream sample I loved the feeling of putting it on and seeing my skin drink it up. The texture of the cream, I guess, was so soothing. Something like that.

THANKS AGAIN. I appreciate your input! Wink

Any other thoughts?... let me know.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Lifeplyr01 wrote:
Hello!

I agree with Tiger Tim in that IS Clinical might be the way for you to go. The Pro Heal will help with the minor breakouts in addition to which it has Vit. C and Vit E--both great antioxidants! In the evening you could alternate your Rx product with Active Serum or Poly Vitamin. As needed you could use your moisturizer that you have on hand. Try doing the skin analysis onwww.skinterra.com and see what they suggest. Another great etailer to contact is Mary atwww.theskincareinstitute.com
A great calming mask that I love is Dermalogica's Multi Power Mask (not the exact name). This mask is wonderful for soothing and calming--my HG!

HTH

glad you mentionedwww.skinterra.com. I couldn't remember this site and was hoping someone would mention it!

Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:

glad you mentionedwww.skinterra.com. I couldn't remember this site and was hoping someone would mention it!

Very Happy Glad I could help

I recently got SkinMedica's Rejuvenating Moisturizer(think that's the name)--anyways I am loving it so far! Glad you're like SkinMedica too!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |