Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Splenda Ice Pops! 5 calories!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
jamie630
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
i was at the store and picked up a box of ice pops! remember them? whatever color you eat, that's what your mouth will be for the rest of the day. Razz i ate a red one just now. i bought a brand that doesn't use sugar, but instead, uses Splenda. one pop is 5 calories! and it's water, which is great for our skin.

just thought i'd remind everyone of this hydrating, sweet summer treat.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Am I the only person in the world who thinks that Splenda tastes like battery acid? Not that I've ever tasted battery acid, but Splenda is what I would guess battery acid tastes like. Laughing

But as for the pops, I LOVE THEM and they make a fantastic summer treat. My puppies love them too! It's so funny watching their reaction to the cold....

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
PLEASE be careful about using splenda! Splenda is a chlorocarbon - 3 chlorine atoms have replaced 3 hydroxyl groups- it is chlorinated table sugar and is NOT natural- it's frankensugar! That's why the body doesn't recognize it as food, but it still absorbs some of it- some of that is eliminated from the body, but some of it lands up in the liver, kidneys and the GI tract. The truth is that there is no track record for this substance and once again the public is being misled and used as guinea pigs (it is not allowed in most of Europe). Some side effects are thymus gland shrinkage (impairs immune system) and liver& kidney enlargement.
The following web site seems well balanced to me because it explains the dangers of artificial sweeteners while acknowledging that they can be beneficial under specific circumstances: www.womentowomen.com/nutritionandweightloss/splenda.asp?id=1&campaignno=artificialsweeteners&adgroup=splenda&keywords
I don't use any of the artificial sweeteners myself, but I do use small amounts of stevia which is a natural non caloric sweetener.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:27 am      Reply with quote
I am in the "splenda tastes like battery acid" camp. puke.

I spent like $6 on a jam sweetened with splenda, took one bite of the toast I spread it on, spat it out, and threw the whole damned lot (including the jar of jam) in the bin. Laughing

my mum just laughed and called me a fool for buying it in the first place Embarassed Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |