Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: Clarisonic Face Brush
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Girls, do not hate me! I really don’t want to be the 1st one to do this review!! I received my Clarisonic Brush last Friday and used it since Friday night until this morning. This is just a mini review since I only used it 6 times. It comes in with a non-foaming cleanser, 1 sensitive brush and 1 regular brush. This brush has two time settings: 1 min and 2 min and 2 speed settings: slow and fast (I think that’s what it is, too excited and did not remember what did I read.) The default setting is slow, 1 min. It beeps at 20 seconds (forehead), 20 seconds (nose + mouth + chin), 10 seconds (right cheek), and 10 seconds (left cheek). My 17-year-old daughter used it first and her comment was “Fresh and Clean” after used it. I’ve never seen her “asking” me to use any of my skin care products or tools. But every morning and night she asked me if she could use the Brush.

You are not supposed to use it around your eyes. So, if you used make up you need to remove your eye makeup with your regular eye makeup remover first. You can use any non-abrasive cleanser of your choice. The bristles on the sensitive brush head are very soft and I tried the regular brush head this morning. It felt soft too but my cheek bone areas felt a little bit “tender” afterwards. My face feels smooth and clean after each use. I know, I know, you all want to know the result!!! I don’t care what it claimed to do but after 6 uses I noticed the pores under my lower lip were very, very clean. I’m not trying to gross you all out but under my lower lip has lots, lots of white heads I can never get rid off. They looked like tiny white needles sticking out and I can feel them if I used my finger tip moving in a circular motion. Today I can actually see my pores (That’ll be another problem to fix.) and most of the “white needles” were gone. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thumbs, fingers, toes UUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:41 am      Reply with quote
Argh! I am *so* jealous! Even if I had no second thoughts on spending that much on a face brush (and eventually I would be able to justify this purchase Smile) there is no way I can try this due to the voltage differences. The only way to try it is to move to USA or Canada Laughing

It sounds really good though, thank you for the review! I'd be interested to see what you and your daughter think of it in a few weeks time. But it sounds like a keeper based on the results you're getting. I'm a big fan of products that make my skin feel fresh and also clean out the pores at the same time...

Maybe I should strap my Shiseido brush to a drill tonight or something.... Rolling Eyes Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I am so lemming this thing! On another board it's being called the "Magic Wand". Laughing
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Tiger Tim for the awesome mini review! I have a question or two. Do you think the brush takes the place of any exfoliating products like AHA?? How many useages are the brushes good for? How often do they recommend you replace the brushes? Do they warrant their product? Thanks in advance for answering!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

Maybe I should strap my Shiseido brush to a drill tonight or something.... Rolling Eyes Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Allow me , tiger_tim!!

Clarisonic offers a 60 day money-back guarantee and a one-year warranty covering any problems resulting from everyday use. If used am and pm, Clarisonic suggests replace the brush head every 3 to 4 months. I believe using this brush regularly will achieve some exfoliation but I can not say how much. The bristles are soft but stiffer than the hand face brush I used.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Well last night my best friend got her's from Nordstroms so just in case she could return it. She has very normal skin as I have sensitive skin, Unopened I was the 1st to use it. The brush that is on it is the soft one. I wet my face and brush and applied my Derm Ultra Calming Cleanser to my face and started using the low setting. I had removed eye makeup prior. I started forehead, cheeks etc like book said. It felt great and removed my liquid mmu. My skin felt soooo soft. We cleaned the brush and switched for her. Well by the time she was done my face was truning a bit red and sensitive. I used my MD Forte Replenshing Cream and this am my skin does feel soft. Any thoughts or advice if this would be good for every day. i also found it hard to use over the sink and thought it would work better in a shower as the sink you then have to rinse and its get messy. Maybe a skin brush woould be better for my skin.

47yr old normal/sensitive Very Happy
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I got one a few months ago and totally love it as well!! I was surprised what a difference it made in my skin. Would repurchase again.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Update: I think I over used the brush a little bit and now my cheek bones are really, really tender. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

The factory setting is 1 minute ( 1 or 2 min on time setting) on low (low, or normal on power setting). One minute goes by so fast so I always do 2 sets of 1 min. And used normal brush head once. I guess I should work my way up not just jumped to 2 min from the 1st use. Confused Confused Confused Sooooooooooooooo, for any of you want to buy it, plese use the factory setting first and work your way up. You'll know what I mean "1 min goes by so fast" when you are using it. It's very hard to resist to do another set though!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
going to use it again tonight spoke to the customer service today and got some pointers you can apply your cleanser directly to the brush head. So my skin felt realy nice today
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
hi redhead,
what other pointers did they give? I am waiting for mine to arrive..... Cool

BTW, they did say that though it can be used in the tub, it probably won't work quite the same submerged under the water.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:57 am      Reply with quote
The only other advice that they gave was not to scrub but let the brush do the work. The girl I spoke with said that some people do use it on legs, arms ect but it really is for the face 9sink or shower use) My skin is still adjusting and Iam only using it 1x day at night. 2x was making me red. HTH

47 yr old normal/sensitive
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
The only other advice that they gave was not to scrub but let the brush do the work. The girl I spoke with said that some people do use it on legs, arms ect but it really is for the face 9sink or shower use) My skin is still adjusting and Iam only using it 1x day at night. 2x was making me red. HTH

Agree on the not scrubbing part. You also shouldn't press down, just let the outer bristles rest on your skin and move it slowly around.
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Ooooo, another good review to tempt me into buying this brush! I read a review yesterday on MUA and someone stated that it actually helped control their oil production. That right there is enough incentive to get me to pull out my credit card! Laughing
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to all for posting about this...no surprise, I desperately want one now! And I love the term "lemming"... Laughing

Mary
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Mine was just delivered as we speak! Hooray!!

Thanks to all of you for your advice and reviews so far. And thanks to EDS for helping me to afford it!! I have been purposely avoiding all of my extra exfoliating products for a week now so I can see how well this does on flakies. Based on your input, I think I will use the sensitive brush for my face, neck and decollete area and reserve the normal brush for the rest of the body later.

Yippee!
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Girls,
Here is my first time experience with the clarisonic. When it arrived it had a little juice in it already, but not much so if you play around with it, you will need to charge it for 24 hrs again before you can do your face. Mine konked after about 4 minutes out of the box and I was able to squeeze in a 1 minute cleansing.

I agree with red head that it would be ideal to use it just before you were to step into your bath or in the shower because you do have to do a final rinse afterwards. I also agree with MACrisis on her recommendation to start slow and low which is the setting it comes in. I could also feel the cheeks getting tender using the sensitive brush (which is very soft, and reminds me of a baby's brush).

Here's how you do it. Use circular motions on your forehead. That is the first 20 seconds. Then, it beeps and stops for a half split-second to cue you to move to the nose/mouth area for the next 20 seconds. Still, as you are moving along it beeps and stops minutely again to cue you to move to one cheek for 10 seconds and again to move to the other for 10 seconds. And you are done! Easy!

Overall, I like the cleanser and would say it truly seems that it would work for all skin types. Mine is dehydrated and acne prone. It didn't get rid of my flakes yet, but I can tell that it will, because it brought up new ones so I know it is breaking up the dead stuff. My skin felt smooth and really CLEAN. It's hard to describe. And my little teeny whiteheads on my chin are gone. I am going to keep using but only every other day. Hopefully, I can give up my other exfoliators for good! Razz
Mabsy

Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
pnw wrote:
Overall, I like the cleanser and would say it truly seems that it would work for all skin types. Mine is dehydrated and acne prone. It didn't get rid of my flakes yet, but I can tell that it will, because it brought up new ones so I know it is breaking up the dead stuff. My skin felt smooth and really CLEAN. It's hard to describe. And my little teeny whiteheads on my chin are gone. I am going to keep using but only every other day. Hopefully, I can give up my other exfoliators for good! Razz

*sigh* Sounds great! A friend of a friend is an electrician... maybe he could re-wire one for me for 240V Rolling Eyes Laughing Oh, I so want one!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
How noisy is this gadget? I go to bed fairly late at night and don't want to wake people up. My oral-b toothbrush is quite noisy already Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
It's pretty quiet,. The beeping sound is louder than the motor. I don't think you'll bother anybody if you close your bathroom door.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi MACrisis,

My bathroom is connected to the bedroom without a door Confused I tend to stay up later than hubby so I want to make sure I don't wake him up...

Still lemming the brush but a little scared since I have very reactive skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
where is the best place to purchase this???
TIA!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
With your 15% off from EDS should be the best place to buy!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
With your 15% off from EDS should be the best place to buy!!

duh...how dumb am I??? THANKS Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Well update: I have been using the machine for approx 1 week only once a day am (I find that pm the removal of makeup makes the brush dirty) My skin feels much softer and cleaner. I use it in the shower also maybe thats why I don;t use it at pm. My lotions do go on smoother and I figure that spending $65 per facial plus tip this has paid for itself in the long run. I know what products work for me so no need for that much advice anymore. Iam glad that I did buy it from Nordstroms because even after 3 months I can still send it back and get a refund no questions asked. I would love to hear how everyone else is doing with it.

47yr old normal/sensitive skin
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |