Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
itchy skin reaction - what's going on?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kimmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I just recently received an order of Carley's Clear & Smooth skin treatment - the acne treatment and the natural day-time moisturizer. I was so excited that it got here from Florida in less than a month, and I couldn't wait to get home to use it. So I read the directions and washed my face with the treatment followed by their natural soap, as suggested for those with sensitive skin, and then followed with their moisturizer.
The next day though I found that my skin was really itchy, flaky and irritated. I used the product again that night (morning I used DCHH and ACV toner plus Carley's moisturizer) and found that the same thing happened - the next day my face was extremely itchy, flaking and irritated. It was similar to the experience I had with accutane.
I'm just wondering what could be going on, is my skin just becomming accustomed to it, am i not moisturizing enough, or am I acutally allergic to something in the product?
Has anyone else had a similar experience?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kimmy,

My skin acts like this when I'm sensitive to a product. I was thinking of trying Carly's myself but I decided against it because it has B.P. in it. When I tried Proactiv my skin had the bad reaction you describe and I was told that B.P. can do this to people who are sensitive to it.

I can't say for sure that this is the case with you but to have this reaction right away on the first use, it's a strong possibility. At least you can get your money back if you decide it's not for you. Smile
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Since you started using several new products at the same time, it is hard to tell which product is the culprit. I will wait til your skin returns to normal and just try one product at a time. Also make sure you are not allergic to bp...

I get the same itchy reaction from 10%bp but had no problem with carley.

Good luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
Well i've used 5% bp before, and didn't have a bad reaction.. however that was as a spot treatment. I've also used proactiv in the past, and didn't have the same reaction either. It's very strange. It's either the cleanser or the moisturizer, because that's the only new stuff i'm using.

But, I have used the moisturizer on areas, without having used the cleanser and didn't have a reaction.. so I'm thinking it might be the bp.

5% products discount

Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I think you should stop using it first.
Kimmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad I think you may be right. I have yet to find a product that is actually able to get rid of my acne. I've suffered with this for over 10 years now, and i'm starting to lose hope. Most days it keeps me confined to my house, because I don't want to let anyone see me like this. My skin is just so tricky, it's almost always red and broken out on my chin - i have a phobia of face touching, so that isn't the culprit. I don't have overly oily skin, so anything too strong with dry it out and I begin to flake.
I've been on accutane twice, various anti-biotics, clindamycin (which is good for cysts), proactiv, clinique 3-step, and pretty much everything you can get at a drugstore.
I was looking at the dermatalogica acne kit, and was wondering if anyone might have some suggestions on what has worked for their sensitive, combination, breakout-prone skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Kimmie you should write to Steve and tell him. This product doesn't work for everyone and you may have to send it back.
jellytot
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
just wanted to share my experience abt carleys. bar soap that came with acne treatment was excellent..very gentle. but the acne treatment wrecked my skin..so i returned it (prompt refund!)

makeup artist friend said stopping foam cleansing helps--i agree..

also, problem might be internal--colonics seemed to have helped my skin clear up a lot!

my routine now is carleys soap, distilled water with a little tea tree oil as toner, and then decleor rose/ylangylang oil, then decleor balm/moisturizer..(so far so good on my post accutane skin--knock on wood!)
Kimmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
sorry, could you elaborate on this a bit.. are you referring to the carley's skin treatment, or other foaming cleansers?

Quote:
makeup artist friend said stopping foam cleansing helps--i agree..

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
she said foam cleansing in general was bad for senstive skin. the SLS probably in most foam cleansers irritates the skin alot..thee is SLS even in cetaphil, which i cannot tolerate..

so yr best bet would be to get a non-SLS soap(or cleanser if u can find one but i have never seen it)
Kimmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
It's really strange, but carley's worked to clear up the acne i had on my back, but not on my face! I think it was just too harsh for my face... so I decided to purchase the dermalogica acne prone kit because I'd heard such great things about it on this forum. I've only been using it for a day, but so far I really like it.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |