Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

L'Oreal Infallible Makeup
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:51 am      Reply with quote
Never fail my butt!!!!
I love the container it is in with the pump dispenser, and it looks really cool. The makeup itself however was disappointing. After a few hours my face looks like an oil slick and it turned kind of orangey. I don't know what it is ladies, but I have yet to find a foundation that I am happy with!!! All I ask is for a foundation that lasts the work day without going a funky color or all greasy!! Oh, and non pore clogging of course....which brings me to another point---the Infallible makeup has the ingredients on the bottle. I have a few sites that I go to for info on whether an ingredient is pore clogging. Well a great many of the ingredients in this makeup are not listed anywhere so I don't know if this stuff is clogging me up or not....

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Glycerin, Nylon 12, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates,
Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl - 3 Diisostearate, Acrylates opolymer, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, PEG/PPG - 18/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Magnesium Gluconate, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Tristearin, Butylparaben, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, FIL B10904/1
Chee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Yikes! Thanks for the heads up on this line. I had been considering giving it a go, but not anymore!
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Someone told me it feels like paint going on and since then I've been very, very afraid.

Have you tried Revlon Colorstay makeup?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
That stuff sure has a lot of weird ingredients! I used to use Neutrogena Heathly Skin liquid foundation, and it seemed to stay put and not turn colors. I read somewhere that orangeness occurs because the ingredients of the makeup interact with the natural oils of your skin-- but I'm not sure if that's true.

If you don't mind cream to powder foundation, there's a good Cover Girl product I use to use as well, but I forget what it was called! It was in a blue oval shaped compact (came with a sponge) and absorbed oil throughout the day.
Chee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Cover Girl Continuous Wear foundation and it's OK in the fact that it doesn't change color or break me out. I have a DRAWER full of makeup that didn't work out. I should really chuck it all but write down the names of all the stuff so I don't make the same mistake again. OHHH the wasted dollars...
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
If it's horrid return it ASAP! A lot of drugstores have a 30 day return policy, even on makeup. Check the back of your receipt.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried Mineral Make-up? I had the problem with liquid foundations alwasy changing color by mid-day (too orange or too pink). Mineral make-up has been awesome for me.

Lori

5% products discount

Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I tried L'Oreal too, it gave me spots!! Love the bottle to, but horrible product! Sad
oli_d
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:41 am      Reply with quote
all of the l'oreal foundations have dissapointed me. on the cheaper end of the foundation scale i personally have found maybeline's foundations better.

oli
Kimmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
wow, thanks for the heads up about l'oreal's makeup. I saw the commercial for it and was intrigued. (i'm such a sucker.. perhaps this is why my boyfriend says my having a credit card is dangerous).

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Someone told me it feels like paint going on and since then I've been very, very afraid.

It can make dry patches appear more flaky. But if your skin is a bit oily and in ok condition it's a good foundation considering its price.
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I also think this product is a waste of time and money. I found this to be true about most of their foundations. They did not suit my skin at all.

I dont know what ingredient irritates my skin but i found skin irritation with all their foundation i tried.

MAC have some really nice foundation with good coverage, and of course there are some very good mineral foundations out there such as Jane iredale.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I was intrigued with this as well, since I'm never satisfied with any foundation and this was no different. Back it went! I refuse to pay for or be stuck with this stuff when it's not anything like they've said it would be. How they get away with it is astounding, but when I do find something that works it never fails but it's discontinued!! Rant over - sorry...
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 4:31 am      Reply with quote
[quote="mom2tommax"]Have you tried Mineral Make-up? I had the problem with liquid foundations alwasy changing color by mid-day (too orange or too pink). Mineral make-up has been awesome for me.

Lori[/quote]

Mineral makeup? you mean the powder form foundation?
buybuybest
5% products discount

Wed May 28, 2008 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
eww paint feeling. Not good. Confused Shock
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Mineral powder foundation is good. I am using Bare Mineral. I am happy with the product. Feel light not oily and greasy...
Sophias1920
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
You should try mineral makeup. There are mineral makeup companies that do not use pore clogging ingredients. Afterglow Cosmetics is one of them. I only use their makeup. Their makeup feels light and nice. It definitely does not clog up my pores. Smile
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Infallible lip color. It was pretty good, its is a long wear heavy gloss that dries for 2 mins, then you apply a clear chap stick. Nice colors and did last a few hours.

Kinda pricy for a drug store product..$13.

I only wear mineral powder nowadays. So much better for your skin. Check out the Glow Fusion Bronzers....amazing!
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Another reason why I love this forum...I WAS going to buy this, thanks for the warning girls...
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info on the makeup.

I do love the 16 hour Infallible Lipgloss. Undeniable Mauve is my favorite. It actually goes really well on my olive skin.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Blaze wrote:
Thanks for the info on the makeup.

I do love the 16 hour Infallible Lipgloss. Undeniable Mauve is my favorite. It actually goes really well on my olive skin.

i've had good experiences with the lipgloss as well. Unfortunately (or, FORTUNATELY, in this case) I haven't tried their foundation. I don't tend to wear foundation, but when I do, its certainly not drugstore brand! LOL
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Benefit make up? I am using the You Rebel tinted moisturiser which can act like a very lite foundation and top it up with a layer of Get Even powder so it makes your skin look more matte after your You Rebel layer. I like that the moisturiser gives me a nice tanned look and doesn't cause my skin to flake like regular foundation. But this is very light make up. I heard Mac has good foundation powders. I'm going to try Benefit's Play Sticks for the thicker foundation.
jadecoin
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I also think this product is a waste of time and money.
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
jadecoin wrote:
I also think this product is a waste of time and money.

are u referring to benefit or l'oreal?
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with your review. I've tried quite a few of the Loreal foundations and none seem to match my skintone and worst still, it turns my face orange and makes it look like I've got a mask on.
Too bad over here in the UK, we cant return cosmetic and skincare products. Actually, its quite hard to having to return any products at all Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |