Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Need Help with Yonka and contact info from site
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kel
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Hey Everyone,
I stumbled over this site, and I'm sure glad I did. There's a wealth of information!
I currently use Aveda, but find that they aren't doing much for my skin. They aren't making it worse (like Clean and Clear or Oxy) but they aren't making it better. I'm considering Yonka as I had used it many moons ago, and found it had worked great! I don't remember which products I had though! I get breakouts on my forehead and nose area, and sometimes my chin. However, my nose is very dry and peely. I also have large pores in those areas. Can anyone recommend a daily Yonka routine? I have a lot of breakouts on my forehead right now, and I'm starting to crack-I need some effective products!!!
Also I was wondering if anyone knew how I could obtain some samples? I'm so nervous about my skin, because it is a tad sensitive and if I pick the wrong product I'm doomed! Is there an email address from someone at the site who I can talk to about the right Yonka products?
Thanks so much-I'm looking forward to regularly checking the site and becoming an addict Smile
~*Kel*~
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kel!

I'm a maaaaajor Yonka user and it seems that we have the same skin types! You'll likely see a lot of my reviews on this forum if you run a Yonka search.

For starters, I use the following:
Yonka Gel Nettoyant Cleanser (THE best gel cleanser)
Yonka Lotion (toner) for normal to oily skin
Yonka Juvenil for breakouts
Creme PG (for breakouts -- daytime)
Creme 15 (for breakouts -- night time)
Pamplemousse (for general moisturization)

I use Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant as an exfoliator because it is AMAZING, gentle, and you can really feel and see the results.

I also use Yonka's 103 Masque weekly before extractions.

In addition, I use Proactiv Solution for acne breakouts (alterating with Yonka regime) and I've recently fallen in love with Dermalogica's Active Moist moisturizer (because the Yonka moisturizers I use aren't really for "moisture" -- they're for problem skin and they're not really moisturizing in cold weather).

Let me know if you have specific question -- this forum is amazing!

Lisa
Kel
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Hey Chunlisa!
Thanks alot for your reply!

I was thinking of getting the gel nettoyant cleanser (the reviews on the site just confirmed my suspicions on this product!) The Yonka lotion as a toner for normal to oily skin, The Juvenil (I saw your review for that product as well)
The gommage 303 (do you like this product? I'm almost certain I used this before and liked it) The Masque 103 and the Dermol 1 as a moisturizer. Do you think I'm better off with the PG creme or pamplemousse? I don't want a bunch of different cremes-just a basic moisturizer.

Also-can I email anyone at EDS? Do you know who I can contact? I'd realllly like to order some samples--Getting antsy about it

Very Happy
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kel!

Email anyone at EDS and they will get back to you asap about samples, etc. Shippnig is $15 CAD for samples but I definitely think it's worthwhile.

I have used the Gommage before but I thought it was a bit troublesome to use because you have to "peel" off the mask after it dries. I prefer Dermalogica's Microfoliant because, like most exfoliants, it just washes off. It takes a bit longer to peel off the Yonka gommage because it doesn't come off in one swoop -- you kind of have to pick at it to get it all off. Otherwise, if you miss spots, it'll look like flaky skin. BUT it's a great exfoliator . . . just depends on if you can get used to the process!

I would recommend the Pamplemousse by all means. Creme 15 and Creme PG are just for acneic skin but using Pamplemousse is just as good -- and definitely more moisturizing (and it smells sooooooooo good).

Hope this helps!
Kel
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to be a pain...but I'm unable to find an email address...just a phone number. Do you happen to know the email address off hand?
Hmm...well I have so many options for a moisturizer-it's a bit overwhelming...hopefully the samples will clear it up.
Is shipping normally $5.00 anywhere in Canada, and for samples it is $15.00?

Thanks so much for your patience wit a newbie Lisa!
~*Kel*~
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kel!

Try aestheticians@essentialdayspa.com or go towww.essentialdayspa.com and click on any of the email links below the phone number towards the top area.

The $15 CAD shipping was posted on another forum link -- it might have been catered to the person writing the question because shipping worldwide is $15 and regular shipping is $5. In any case, it won't be over $15 CAD! Might want to double check the price with respect to your shipping address so go ahead and email the spa Smile

Definitely ask for samples that are intriguing -- and feel free to venture away from Yonka. I LOVE Dermalogica and Valmont. It gets expensive once you start trying a lot of products, so the best thing is to ask for samples. EDS is a GREAT spa -- your orders are always shipped promptly and you always get so many samples with your order. They are THE best out there.

I would highly recommend a sample of both Dermalogica's Active Moist moisturizer and Dermalogica's Oil Control Lotion. The Oil Control Lotion has salicylic acid in it to help control acne -- but it has this great tingly minty feeling Smile Be careful, though. The salicylic acid may be too drying so you'll want to compensate that with a godo moisturizer in the evening (I use Pamplemousse or the Active Moist).

Hope this helps! Please feel free to ask more questions! That's what this forum is for!

Lisa
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I just posted an answer and it got erased -- so here's a quicker version!

aestheticians@essentialdayspa.com

The email link is also available atwww.essentialdayspa.com under the phone numbers. There should be 3 email links there.

I would also recommend samples of Dermalogica's Active Moist and Dermalogica's Oil Control Lotion. The Oil Control Lotion has salicylic acid to control acne but it also leaves your skin with this WONDERFUL tingly and minty feeling. Be careful, though -- the salicylic acid may be too drying so you want to compensate with an appropriate moisturizer (I like the Active Moist -- it's spectacular). The Pamplemousse is also great but a bit heavier in texture.

EDS is great! You will love their service and surprised in your orders! I would ask them specifically about shipping cost for samples as it depends on where you are -- either $5 CAD or $15CAD, depending on if you're within the country, etc. Just email them directly and they will be more than happy to help!

And feel free to ask more questions! That's what we're here for!

Lisa
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Oops -- guess both of my replies got posted -- sorry about that! Generally the same idea, but sorry to waste your time reading both!
Kel
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:07 am      Reply with quote
LOL That's alright-I felt special with so many replies! Very Happy
Thanks a lot Lisa-you've been so much help, I really appreciate it. I've heard alot about those products you mentioned, so I know I'm going to have to try them out-or it'll bug me!
Thanks again,
~*Kel*~
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |