Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
REVIEW: Global Goddess Hair Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I got this with the 20% off sephora sale.

First, it smells great and the smell lasts with a subtle coconut scent in your hair.

Second, although the bottle is not huge, a little goes a long way...learned that the hard way.

It's moisturizing and made my hair look better after styling. In fact...that clean just styled look has lasted longer after using this.

word of caution, you can use this 3 ways..all night let it set then rinse out, after shampoo, set 10min. then rinse, or put on damp hair for 30 min. then shampoo/condition whatever as you normally would. My rec. is to use BEFORE shampoo. When I used it as the last product, I had to re-rinse.

Using before shampoo, no greasiness...really a divine product.

Would I purchase again? AT50 bucks, I'd wait awhile, with any type of discount.........yes.

Expensive but thumbs up!
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
this would be a really really cheap one to DIY!!

I'm making something similar next week after my exams are over (I thought they didn't have those in grad school, rarr!) -- with avocado oil, wheat germ oil, grapeseed oil, and coconut oil -- probably going to throw in some protein or keratin additives too. It will cost about $5 to make a big bottle!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
waffle, could you tell me a bit about the protein /keratin aditives, please?

I love making my own hair concoctions, but I guess if my hair wants protein I add some egg or avocado to my shampoo.. I dont know how to add it to oil.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
waffle, could you tell me a bit about the protein /keratin aditives, please?

I love making my own hair concoctions, but I guess if my hair wants protein I add some egg or avocado to my shampoo.. I dont know how to add it to oil.

hahaha, it's not that I really know anything about how they work -- I basically just look at the ingredients in really expensive hair masks and conditioners! I know that wheat protein is supposed to be good, but I couldn't tell you why -- but it's cheap on DIY sites so I figure what the hell. I'm using oil because my hair is soooo dry.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Ah, ok.

Very Happy
sernx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Here's the list of ingredients.

Coconut Oil, Neem Oil, Amla Extract, Henna, Grape Seed Oil, Avocado Oil.

I don't know where to get amla extract or henna - they're probably expensive, but the other oils are pretty easy to get, especially coconut oil. I love using coconut oil on my ends! Just be sure not to use too much or you'll look greasy. I speak from experience.. Laughing

Here's a great study that was done, found on this publications journal.

"Effect of mineral oil, sunflower oil, and coconut oil on prevention of hair damage"

Quote:

Among three oils, coconut oil was the only oil found to reduce the protein loss remarkably for both undamaged and damaged hair when used as a pre-wash and post-wash grooming product. Both sunflower and mineral oils do not help at all in reducing the protein loss from hair. This difference in results could arise from the composition of each of these oils. Coconut oil, being a triglyceride of lauric acid (principal fatty acid), has a high affinity for hair proteins and, because of its low molecular weight and straight linear chain, is able to penetrate inside the hair shaft.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Where can I find this in Canada? Bay, Sears or drugstores?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut oil is such a great oil to have around. I use it nightly, rubbing it into my nails - it makes them unbreakable.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:02 am      Reply with quote
any website link for this product? don't know how it looks like.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |