Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Favourite Bath and Shower products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I enjoy baths and long showers, and my current fav product is the L'Occitane Extra Gentle Shea Butter Milk Bath Cream (or something - forgot the name).

I also love my old Dermalogica Japanese wash cloth, most of the Body Shop scrubs (the ones that come in a tub, not tube), Clarins Eau D'namysant (sp?), and Dove shower cream.

What's your fav and why?

Looking forward to eveyone's replies! Smile

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:38 am      Reply with quote
When I am having a bath I like to use Epsom salts as I was reading your body absorbs the magnesium it needs via salts through the skin, I also add a few drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil.

In the shower for lazy days I use Neal's Yard Shower Gel, at the moment it is Palmarosa which smells so good and for most days I use Molton Brown or L'Occitane Soap with my exfoliating skin - I love this combination my skin is left really smooth and bye bye to any bumps on the back of my arms.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:49 am      Reply with quote
I love Philosophy's shower gels, especially their chocolate ice cream one. Smells good enough to eat, it also has a recipe for chocolate ice cream on it Smile

oli
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I agree, Philosopy bath and body products are wonderful. Not only do the shower gels come in a ton of yummy scents, they really do a lot for your skin-- no dry patches or bumps and even toned all over. They even cleared up the occasional backne I used to get. I'm also a fan of the hot salt scrub. I use it everywhere, from my shoulders all the way down to my feet.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:32 am      Reply with quote
oh I don't know about anyone else but I love the scent of The Healing Garden Green Tea Shower Gel!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
my current favourites are sohumm products (madagascar vanilla) , and korres (i think that is the right spelling) vanilla and cinnamon- which is a greek brand that use natural products.

they both do yummy body washes and moisturisers. the moisturisers just sink into your skin, and the smell is divine.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've been curious about Korres, but never really felt like buying anything. Until today, that is. And Philosophy stuff, too. And my friend has mentioned Aesop (anyone tried anything from this line?), which has got me itching to go out shopping...
mk
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:30 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy i have only tried the body wash, body cream and hand cream. they had a christmas promotion where you got two for one or something, so i gave it a go.

the body wash was rich and moisturising, the body cream was thick and a little went a long way. same for the hand cream. no greasiness, AND i smell like dessert.
mk
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:33 am      Reply with quote
forgot to add about aesop.

smells great but greasy
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm pretty simple when it comes to my bath and shower products. The one thing I cannot live without is Oil of Olay body wash. It's moisturizng, has a nice smell, and is perfect for shaving.
Another drugstore favorite is Freeman Vanilla/Sunflower sugar scrub. It smells awesome. Very Happy
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud, how much epsom salt do you recommend?

I am a big fan of coconut milk in my baths. No need for a moisturizer after.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:24 am      Reply with quote
If it's about bath & shower (and parfume) I'm a big fan of Jo Malone : her lime, basil & mandarine-line is fabulous. and the grapefruit soap. they all smell lovely and are gentle for my skin.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
pnw wrote:
rosebud, how much epsom salt do you recommend?

I am a big fan of coconut milk in my baths. No need for a moisturizer after.

Bumpity bump!

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:10 am      Reply with quote
L'Occitane vanilla shower gel is gorgeous for pampering - for everyday use St Ives have a vanilla and Vitamin E shower gel which is pretty nice too, and really inexpensive.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Garden Botanika!

I totally LOVE LOVE LOVE their stuff! My favorite is their Mango scented body wash and body lotion although I have tried many other scents...

I also like their minty salt scrub.

Their products are the only products that keep my skin soft and hydrated. The ingredients are all natural and non irritating. They also do not use cheap fillers or alcohol.

They recently came out with a line made with pumpkin and ginger that I have not yet tried but hope to soon. Very Happy
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
i use bath and body works. not only they are affordable. they also smell good. As far as salt scrub, I make my own.
jellyberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also using bath and body works soap as well as a walnut and raspberry scrub (forgot the brand). I also use Aquolina shower gel...has anyone else tried this?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |