Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Washcloth for OCM?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the OCM lately and have been using a regular old terrycloth washcloth to remove the oils. I've also tried baby washcloths (cotton/polyester blend, and gentler than the regular kind, but not as effective at getting all the oil off in one go) and this microfiber "mitt" I found at the grocery store (also gentler, but not as good at removing).

So my question is: What sorts of washcloths do you all use with OCM? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I use my Eve Lom gauze cloths to remove oil, balm or cream cleansers or even masks. I just love them. There are quite a few brands that sell them nowadays.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I use cotton.
Are you having a problem?
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Not really, I'm just worried that the terrycloth is too rough to be used on a daily basis. Isn't that why derms recommend that one avoids washcloths (because they can be damaging)?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nijey,

I use the really inexpensive ones from the Dollar store ... 3 cloths for $1. I generally use two cloths per cleansing ... sometimes 3 at night if I've worn lots and lots of makeup.

Since you're not scrubbing with the cloth ... I'm not sure that it matters what sort you use. These ones I use are cotton ... and they are thinnish ... but I use a cloth only once and then put it in the hamper to be washed ... and I use 2 to 3 a time ... so I need ones that are cheap enough to accommodate this particular foible of mine. Laughing

I've been using this method since I began OCM late last August ... and it's been fine.

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
For any type of cleansing, muslin cloths are always the best.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
For any type of cleansing, muslin cloths are always the best.

I agree! Rosebud I use my kids' muslin cloths! They're soft but very effective.

Other times I use baby face towels. I have been OCMg since, wow, since late last year, and using the baby washcloths and my babies' muslin has't caused a problem.

HTH!
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I like microfiber cloths. They have a slight drag so they help "pull" the oil off fairly quickly yet are soft so don't irritate. Otherwise I use baby washcloths that are also soft and came in a 12-pack so I can wash them after each use.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:26 am      Reply with quote
I also use the Eve Lom cloths, I love them on my skin. They're also very easy to wash clean of all the creams and treats .
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I like using the baby wash cloths..they are much softer. Even though they are smaller, it really doesn't seem to matter.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
I use the facial sponges I get after my facials. They seem to work great without scraping the skin.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |