Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I am looking for an anti-aging skincare line, Please Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ErinChristine
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am      Reply with quote
What would be a great anti-aging skincare line to begin using? I would like to hear from people who have obtained significant results from products used. I just turned 27 and am concerned about aging. Has anyone tried, or had great results with BioCareMD. products?

TIA
Erin
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've never heard of that line.

The best anti-aging is to stay out of the sun. Can't do that totally so use a good sun block every day rain or shine.(wish I'd started at 27).

Second would probably be an exfoliator like AHA, Retin-A etc.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ErinChristine,

The very best anti-aging things you can do for your skin is to use:

1. tretinoin [to help with cell turnover and collagen production.]

and

2. use a really good sunscreen ... even on cloudy days.

According to the experts who know way more about these things than I, most "aging" problems are photodamage ... meaning damage from the sun. In order to counter that ... you need to protect your skin from the sun ... and you need to encourage cell turnover to get rid of any current damage that you have.

Now ... add to this routine a good antioxidant serum [Vitamin C].

As for a "line" of products, I'm afraid my personal sense of economy doesn't permit me to spend lots of money on product promises that have little science behind them ... so I tend to make things myself.

I have a great book called Biochemistry of Beauty ... which has lots of good science behind it ... and some pretty terrific recipes.

If you're at all interested in this, check out
http://www.biochemistryofbeauty.com

There is lots of good information there ... as well as product analysis. Some of the site is open to everyone ... but some parts are restricted to those who have purchased the book [which is only $15 ... a bargain any way you look at it!].

I've learned an enormous amount of stuff at this site.

Good luck

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
That is a good site but no part of it has been free for quite some time.

I haven't purchased the book but Carol does know her stuff.
Mabsy

Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried those products either, sorry.

As for looking for a line of products, I would suggest that you look for individual products that suit your needs and mix and match them. Certainly two of my main recommendations for you would be to incorporate a good stable vitamin C serum and to always use sunblock. Also, glycolic acid products would be good also in terms of exfoliating and hence increasing absorption of other products you are using.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for you replies! I've never used Vit C. Do I put it on before or after moisturizer? Use in am/pm, or both? What about glycolic acid? How and when do I use it? Anyone have recommendations on where to buy these products?

TIA!
Mabsy

Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
I use my vitamin C serums in the morning, and yes, it goes on before your moisturiser. I tend to use glycolic acids at night, so I don't use it just before my skin is exposed to the sun (AHAs increase sun sensitivity to some extent). I buy most of my products from here (i.e. EDS) mainly becasue it's convenient, cheaper and I like their customer service. You will be able to find various vit C serums in salons as well.

Be aware that the vitamin C serums do have different textures so the texture you like may depend on your skin type (i.e. if you have oily skin you don't want a serum that is heavier, you'd probably want a more watery one). What type of skin do you have?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone!
Mabsy- I have somewhat oily skin. What do you recommend for a vit C serum. Also, what kind of glycolic products should I buy?

TIA!
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Yup, what everyone else said:

Vitamin C Serum (morning)
AHA Serum (evening)
Sunblock (at least SPF 30)

Can't do without these 3!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much!
What are some examples of AHA Serums?

Thanks!
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Erin:

The only ones I am familiar with are the SkinCeuticals Intense Line Defense (which is the one I use) and Cellex-C Line Smoother and (which is one I might try in the future).

There are many AHA products out there and some will be labeled under Glycolic. Smile

Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
ErinChristine wrote:
Thanks everyone!
Mabsy- I have somewhat oily skin. What do you recommend for a vit C serum. Also, what kind of glycolic products should I buy?

Well, assuming what I said earlier, I think you would like Cellex-C because it's very watery. PSF could also be ok, it pretty much just leaves my skin feeling normal, whereas EmerginC and CSRx make my skin look/feel oily (though they do absorb after a while).

In terms of AHA serums, I'm currently using Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear lotion. Another one that is good is the CSRx Age Limit Refinishing serum. If you wanted to go for a cleanser instead then MDF make one that is popular, but personally I prefer the PCA Skin one as I feel it's less drying.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much everyone Very Happy !
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |