Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
skin is not smooth
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is not totally smooth. I keep having these tiny tiny bumps on my face which are not zits or milia. When i pop them little tiny hard stuff comes out (i know it sounds gross hehe). I exfoilate my skin, but maybe that isnt enough? what should i do?
Currently im using Daily Microfiliant and Spectrogel cleanser
athena
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I alternate between glycolic acid peels and Epidermx microdermabrasion, then apply silkia camellia oil after the treatment, and my skin is smooth as silk. Very Happy
svunt1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problem! Its mostly on my forehead and cheeks. I used dermalogica microfoliant, OCM, DHCC, aspirin masks. I have facials once a month, tried microdermabration ..nothing helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Aren't those whiteheads? I get those in my forehead area a lot. They don't look white on my skin or anything, but they clog the pores. I often rub my hand over my face and pick them out. They come out easily and once they are out they look like tiny salt crystals or something.

I'd like to know how to get rid of them and stay clear of them too. I use micro-crystal scrubs and still doesn't work for long.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have alot on my forehead and cheeks too
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
yeah me too
and i just bought clarisonic for that purpose

Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have those too... I usually get them when I stop exercising for a week or so. But then as soon as I start sweating again, they disapear! I'm starting to think that sports is one of the greatest beauty treatments! Smile
svunt1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I think they're whiteheads. some of them are easy to pick, but I got lots of the closed one that are hard and you can't pop them.

I wonder if going into steam/sauna room would help?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Connie_26 wrote:
I have those too... I usually get them when I stop exercising for a week or so. But then as soon as I start sweating again, they disapear! I'm starting to think that sports is one of the greatest beauty treatments! Smile

wow thats really interesting because i dont get enough excersize and therefore sweat at all.
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I have the same stuff, and using retin A ~ 1yr has helped (but my skin is sensitised from it) but they've returned with a vengeance since i've started ocm and using Dr H...
Does anyone know how to get rid of them without scarring?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I too hate these!!
When I stopped moisturising with conventional lotions and creams and started using oils such as Jojoba, Dr H Normalising Day Oil etc instead I noticed that I stopped getting them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Try using muslin cloths to remove cleanser

I have not had any trouble with those kind of bumps when using either Epidermx or RoC Peel-ex Radiance. (I only use RoC now)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
don't squeeze them - they are the type that have given me discoloured "scars"!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim, what type of cleanser do you use? and could you please tell me where can I get muslin cloths?
thanks!
-joanne
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I have these too ... atleast I think they're similar. They aren't blackheads and I don't think they're whiteheads ... they just look like little bumps under the surface of the skin and they don't really seem to come to the surface. Of course, when I see them I have to try to squeeze them (bad I know! Sad ) and then I can extract the gunk from them. I have them mostly around my chin area. I thought maybe it was the products I was using, so I tried to keep all but the oilfree moisturizer off that area and yet they still persist. I also do a daily exfoliant. I'd also like to try the muslin cloth idea to see if that will help.
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I have exactly what you've described, moonstar! and unfortunately, not much helps bring them to surface for me Crying or Very sad ...
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
jzainoun wrote:
tiger_tim, what type of cleanser do you use? and could you please tell me where can I get muslin cloths?
thanks!
-joanne

Hi Joanne,

in the mornings I use The Organic Pharmacy Rose Gel Cleanser and in the evenings Cellcosmet Gel Cleanser + Cellcosmet Activator Gel ( this stuff).
Once a week I use a balm cleanser as part of a home facial. I just finished Eve Lom and have asked a member to pick up Neal's Yard Remedies Rose Balm for me (balm cleansers are great for giving the face a good massage concentrating on pressure points).

My muslin cloths are the Eve Lom ones (you can buy direct on her site with free shipping) but The Organic Pharmacy also sells them (I have not tried them though and they are also more expensive).

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 6:19 am      Reply with quote
The Eve Lom cloths are great. I use them even when I'm not using her cleanser.

As for the hard bumps, I get the ones that you can't squeeze when I've been using a too-oily cleanser or moisturiser. Recently I was looking for a gentle moisturising cleanser and tried Aubrey Organics Seaware Cleanser with Rosehip Oil. Initially it seemed great but after about 5 days, I had all these little bumps along the jawline showing up. Shock I switched back to my "more-drying" cleanser and after 2 weeks, most of the bumps have gone. Smile

As for the ones with the hard little seed inside, I get those occasionally. I think they're milia and those I leave alone. If they're bigger and the stuff inside looks like it's soft, I usually end up squeezing them even though I know I shouldn't Sad . I just recently bought the Roc Peel-ex mask that tiger_tim likes and hopefully regular use will keep my skin smooth. Pray
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I have these too, mostly around my lower jawline. I wonder if what we all have is the same? I've pinpointed my bumps as keratosis pilaris, little white or skin-colored bumps caused by slow cell turnover, or slow sloughing of the dead skin cells, something like that. I also have them on the backs of my upper arms and a bit on the back of my thighs. I've been reading up on it lately and apparently exfoliation and moisturizing are keys to minimizing the bumps. I also bought the Clarisonic to help with this. I've been using it about a week now and the bumps are fewer.
I've read where OCM helps some people (I was doing that before I got the Clarisonic and it did help as well). I recently put in an order for some Aqua Glycolic products for the body bumps, as those are REALLY stubborn!
After years of having breakouts, I've become really good at not picking at my skin. I figure if anything is going to happen, I'll achieve it by gentle exfoliation and proper products.
It's interesting how the bumps have only popped up recently though.. Confused
Natning
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
It's weird how these bumps just keep poping out of the blue... I know I shouldn't be picking on them... but it's irressitable. The rate they "refill" themselves is amazing too... I can squeeze the white pus out at night...they reappear the next afternoon. It's getting so frusting as no make-up can conceal the bumps...especially at certain angles under the light/sun. I even stopped putting on make-up totally to test if it's the make-up that have been congesting the pores...but I guess no as they still resurface without make-up.
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I also had these all over my skin. I definitely have the kind of skin that does not shed its skin cells fast enough. It's always uneven and bumpy.

One week ago I started using a product called Pimple Eraser and it's really helping. My skin is super smooth now and I'm not having any recurrence of the hard bumps. In addition I'm using Home Health Blemish Treatment Lotion and my skin is really starting to look good for the first time in a long time.

I wear MMU and it goes on so smooth now, I don't need as much which is really nice.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've been dealing with these stubborn bumps and blackheads all my life---nothing seems to touch them!! And it's so infuriating when beauty magazines give limp advice like "try exfoliating once a week." Like I wasn't already doing that! Anyway, I thought I was just going to have to live with these things, but then thanks to this board I discovered Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream. Massaging this stuff in once a day has really cleaned all the gunk out of my pores! I seriously thought I'd never see the day!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 4:32 am      Reply with quote
We all have them, in spite of taking such good care of our skin and being meticulous about cleansing and exfoliating. Could it be that we are doing too much? The other thing that makes me think this is that I don't have these bumps anywhere else but my face... What do you think?
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 5:52 am      Reply with quote
"Could it be that we are doing too much?"
[/quote]

That's precisely what I was thinking... and in attempt to resolve that issue, I have adopted the strategy of using only very basic natural and gentle ingredients, trying that on my face ~ 1x per hour, and obsessively checking how my skin is doing under an electron microscope, and when i see that it may be getting worse, panic sets into motion, and i desperately seek other measures (try more very nice, natural, gentle stuff), all the while trying to convince myself that any regimen takes time to yield any real results... OK, just a slight exaggeration... but... if only i could just leave it alone!
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I may be talking out of my butt here, but OP, I think the bumps you're talking about are due to an allergic reaction. I think your skin is allergic to something you're using. My guess would be makeup, maybe foundation. Try not wearing makeup for awhile.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |