Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anyone use/used Clairol Herbal Essences haircolor???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
I am thinking of trying to dye my own roots Shock My plan is to apply Herbal Essences in XL2 to my roots and just comb it through to blend with the rest of my white-blonde hair. Want to try and save some money just hope that my hair doesn't fallout Laughing
Anyone have any recommendations or tips Confused
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Your hair probably won't fall out. You really shouldn't worry about that. However what you should be worried about is it not turning out the way you're hoping. If you're currently going to a salon for your white blonde hair, continue going to one. What color is your natural hair? White blonde takes a lot of work for most people. Most likely after lightening you would need to tone with a blue or a blue violet base to achieve the white tone. You really shouldn't attempt this yourself. Do you know how many levels you lighten you hair? Has your stylist told you? If your natural hair is VERY LIGHT to begin with and you're only lightening one or two levels MAYBE attempt this yourself. Oh geez I can't stress enough how much you shouldn't attempt this. I see so many girls try to do it themselves and end up going to the salon to fix it and having to pay more in the long run... it really happens alot.
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Don't recommend it unless your roots are close to the color you're trying to dye them. Otherwise you're going to come out with orange roots and white tips. Probably not what you're going for. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I know, I know Rolling Eyes It just cost sooo freakin much and has to be done sooo often. My natural hair is a dull, ashy light blonde and I have been getting it bleached to a very whitish, platinum blonde...so not too different.

I will take everyone's advice and suck it up and pay to get it done. I really do like my hair right now and would be really mad at myself if I screwed it up Wink
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Your best bet is if you have a friend who is a stylist. Like a personal friend that could find something for you at Sally Beauty Supply (because you REALLY HAVE to know the base colors and such of what you're using). I HATE how boxed colors don't tell you this, but more money for the stylists! Box colors cause so many screw ups! So anyway, if you have a friend who knows color, go to Sallys with her, have her pick something out (pick up some red gold corrector if you have the littlest bit of red gold in your natural color). Have her do it and then it'd be real easy for you to do it yourself as long as you know what products worked. If you don't have a friend, go to your stylist and ask her what she's using. They SHOULD tell you. Is she bleaching and toning? Is she just using a lightener (one step lightening)? How many levels is she lightening? What color is the base of the color (or toner if she's doing a two step)? What is the level of the devoloper (10, 20, 30, 40)? How long is she keeping it in your hair (how long for each step if it's a two step)? What brand is she using? Maybe put all these questions in your phone or pda so when she answers, when she steps away you could put the info in their without looking like you're writing everything down. Or you could just write it all down and tell her a friend wants to know... Find out all this info and report back to me. I might be able to help you. You are a perfect example of someone who COULD do this on their own since you said you have rather light ASHY blonde hair to begin with. However you're going to need to go to a Sally Beauty Supply as I'm not going to recommend you to any boxed colors (too much of a guessing game).
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
One last thing, ask her if she uses any sort of special red/gold corrector.

Also, is your hair fine? I'm thinking its rather fine, am I correct?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |