Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I recently re-discovered the many uses of my small jar of vaseline. Love it or hate it everyone has their own opinion of the stuff. Frankly I like it. So I thought I'd start a thread on how you use this wonder beauty product. Let me start it off. I like it to keep lips soft and smooth and its so great for hands and nails. Dry cuticles are never a problem. Ok, your turn. Smile
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Occasionally, I take a chance and I put a light film all over my face at night. Next AM - always so wonderfully soft and fresh looking. BUT, I don't feel good about doing this nightly. I'm just sure...somehow...that I would break out.

Otherwise, I do use it for lips, eye makeup remover, to shield skin from hair dye, etc.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I use it for eyemakeup remover, lip balm and very gently touch it on as a light film for when I need to camouflage flaky skin post-powder application.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
put it over sun burn and wind burn. also put it on my lip everynight religiously as lip balm.
stephie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:44 am      Reply with quote
My mom is a huge fan of vaseline and has the biggest tub i've ever seen. She uses it as a body lotion, and especially on her feet.

I've read, however, that vaseline will clog your pores and is not good for your skin. hmm
stephie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:47 am      Reply with quote
I also remember Tyra Banks saying that her mom uses Vaseline under her eyes every night since she was young and now she has NO wrinkles/crows feet. ..could also be genetics too.
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:37 am      Reply with quote
I love it as a lip balm. I also use it to heal the redness that I get from blowing my nose so often during an allergy attack or head cold. Slap it on at night before bed and my nose is normal by morning. On cuticles, I prefer Bag Balm because mine usually get raw in the winter and the balm has an anticeptic in addition to petroleum.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
put it over sun burn

Not for a sunburn; it may feel good, but it traps heat in the skin and impedes healing.

I use Vaseline for anything chapped or that needs protecting...for colds or allergies, a thin layer around the nostrils prevents redness/scabbing from nose blowing...around the eyes to keep drying facial masks off sensitive skin.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I use it for eyemakeup remover

Thats interesting. How does that work? Do you need to mix the vaseline with water?[/quote]
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:52 am      Reply with quote
As eye makeup remover I dab a tiny amount around my lashes, massage gently and then wipe away with a cotton round. Follow with my regular cleanser. Hope that helps.
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I use it religiously every night on my feet and also put a little around my cuticles and on my lips.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
CyndiK. wrote:
Quote:
around the eyes to keep drying facial masks off sensitive skin.

Great idea! I'm going to do that! There are times I want to use a stronger, more drying facial, and try hard to avoid my eye area but I always manage to get product there anyway. A little vaseline would work well for this. Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
This is one of my favorite products...cheap too!

When my hands are especially dry I like to do this. Just before bed I soak my hands in warm water for a few mins. Pat dry. Then apply a coat of Vaseline to them. Sometimes I mix HA into it. Then put on cotton gloves or socks. In the morning my hands are so soft!

Vaseline does not clogg your pores. It sits on top of your skin kinda like Jojoba oil. That's why you need to soak your hands in water first. It holds the water in.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
As a teenage I used it like a mascara, I now have the longest, thickest lashes ever, so much so that I actually have to CUT my bottom lashes otherwise when I apply mascara they look freakishly long!

You can also apply it to your brows to fix them.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Do you guys remember when like 5 years ago I think it was the eye gloss became a huge trend? Calvin Klein even came out with some "eye gloss" in his cosmetics? I had been wearing vaseline as eyegloss around that time and sooo many people were like "Oh I like your eyes, which product is that?" I knew girls spending $25 bucks a pop on the designer "eye gloss". I also use vaseline on my hands underneith my Body Shop moistorizing gloves.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Little did I know that such an obscure product like Vaseline, could be such a hit. Great ideas ladies! There're all so fabulous. I used it as hand balm last night before bed and didn't wear gloves and my hands were still super soft when I woke up this morning.

And yes Pheobe, I do remember the trend of glossy eye lids by CK and couldn't figure out why people would spend the big bucks for a look you could easily get with ....vaseline.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I like to rub vasaline into my feet, I especially like it for when my heels are all dry and cracked.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I was talking skincare with a lady yesterday and she confessed (in a whisper no less) that she puts Vaseline all over her face at bedtime and that's it.

Do I need to mention she's almost 60 with zero wrinkles and tons of radiance to her skin?

I don't know if I could make myself do it, but gosh I want to! lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Omigosh Harmonster! Thats ludicrous! Although have to admit, I did put it on my face and neck one evening and my skin was soft and supple the next day.
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
the skin on my face had an AWFUL winter. no matter how much moisturizing i used, my face just got worse. i got "bumps" all over my cheeks...they looked like pimples (in size), but they just weren't.

i finally decided to use vaseline over my moisturizer. my skin immediately started to get less dry and the bumps have now gone away. i've been using it every morning and night for about 1.5 months. (but now that it has finally warmed up, my skin doesn't seem to need it anymore, thank g_d!)

(my only question is, why hasn't my skin ever gone through this before. and this was actually a mild winter!)

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
As a teenage I used it like a mascara, I now have the longest, thickest lashes ever, so much so that I actually have to CUT my bottom lashes otherwise when I apply mascara they look freakishly long!

How is that possible??????
did your lashes grow from using Vaseline?

another use is to put a thin layer of Vaseline along your hairline and tops of your ears before you color your hair (if you color it yourself) to prevent staining your skin!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I rub vasoline on my cuticles & hands, the tip of my nose, corners of my eyes and on my eyelashes every night. I then rub it into my heels and put on socks. I'm a barefoot gal so it's the only way I keep my feet soft. I was getting a massage and the lady said wow, your feet look wonderful and who does your pedicure? I had to answ. no one does, I just slather on the vaseline and use my swedish foot clover file. My hubby uses it on his feet as well. We go thru tubs of it!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I use it around my eyes at night...I stopped for awhile because I heard such terrible things...I tried a million eye creams but nothing works as good. I am going to try putting it on my face....I'm scared but I have tried worse!

I also use it on my elbows and cuticles.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I like Vaseline too, I use it on my lips and my sons lips, he got really chapped this winter and it is the only thing that doesn't sting. I've recently discovered Labello SOS balm for my lips but my son still gets Vaseline.

Does anyone else get yucked out by the tub? I'm wondering why it doesn't come in a tube, I searched high and low for a tube this winter and it's all in tubs. hmm

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Lolli:
Quote:
Does anyone else get yucked out by the tub? I'm wondering why it doesn't come in a tube, I searched high and low for a tube this winter and it's all in tubs. hmm

Yes, it's available in tubes, though I haven't seen the Vaseline brand. But you can find tubes of generic petroleum jelly in the skincare aisle of any drugstore.

I think petroleum jelly gets a bad rap. My mom used it for years on our scrapes and cuts (instead of bandaging them) and they'd heal much more quickly and without scars. I use it as a m/u remover (in a pinch) and around my eyes and on my lips when they get really dry and flaky. It doesn't absorb into your skin, as far as I know, but just sorta sits on top and protects it. It's "inert" so it can't really harm your skin--of course, I wouldn't slather it on all the time since it won't let your skin "breathe".

Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |