Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Fair skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sj4eva

Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:57 am      Reply with quote
Uptil my 5th birthday I was very light skinned as a child. Then it seemed that my face and forearms became naturally tanned. Basically. I was wondering if there is any way to regain that complexion(obviously I can't expect to be as fair as a baby). I know it is possible because my chest and upper arms are much lighter than my face. Any help would be appreciated.

Btw I am a guy Smile
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
It's the same for men and women Laughing.

Stay out of the sun, use a good sunblock everyday rain or shine,wear protective clothing. It won't happen overnight.

You could also put topical Vit C on these areas underneath your sunblock. Vit C has some lightning ability and helps guard against sundamage.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried exfoliation? Then maybe follow with a skin brightening moisturizer. DHC (dhccare.com) has a lot of different skin brightening products, from toners to masks. They have a new tourmaline pack that's specifically for sun-damaged skin. I used a sample of it, and it seems like it would be a gentle way to go.
sj4eva

Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies. Yea I guess women and men are the same Very Happy

So in a sense my skin is "damaged" by exposure to the sun? I find it slightly ironic because I am always inside and barely spend time outside (yes I know that is bad also Laughing ) I understand that maybe as a kid the time I spent under the sun has made my skin the way it is now. I guess it will help to explain my background as to further diagnose my situation. I am Indian so I have a "wheat" complexion. This has spared me the grief of sunburns at least Laughing

I will try out some of the excellent suggestions from you guys, but hopefully my background info will lead to a more fine tuned solution Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:41 am      Reply with quote
You might want to have a look at what PumpingMummy just posted regarding the benefits of using almond-meal based products and their skin lightening abilities: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11945&sid=19ed95b9ee6b6fdb9087e6a390d0088c

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
sj4eva,

I spend most of my time inside too. You get sun damage mostly from UVA rays. Unlike UVB rays, which burn, once UVA rays hit you they add up. It's as if they stay with you forever. UVA rays travel through clouds and glass so staying inside may prevent burns but not aging.

Because you have some natural color, you could stay outside a little longer than I, who has no natural color, before burning. We would receive the same amount of UVA.
sj4eva

Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Donnababe, I never thought of it that way.
SkinMan
5% products discount

Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Same thing happened with me and i've made a thread aswell.

However im not an indian, im white english.

My forearms and hands are tanned along with my face.

Upper arms, chest, back, belly and legs are all extremeley pale, its actually un believeable how pale they are compared to my face.

I would like to get rid of my tan and keep it off in the fastest way possible
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
donnababe wrote:

Stay out of the sun, use a good sunblock everyday rain or shine,wear protective clothing. It won't happen overnight.

You could also put topical Vit C on these areas underneath your sunblock. Vit C has some lightning ability and helps guard against sundamage.

As Donnababe said, use a good sunscreen and stay out of the sun. The tanned areas will lighten up with time but I'm sorry to tell you that you'll never get back the skin you had as a child. But using hydroxy acids or retinoids will cause your skin to exfoliate and reveal newer and smoother skin that will also be lighter. This all takes time and using stronger solutions to try to speed the process up will probably cause irritation and possibly more damage.
sj4eva

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
stardust wrote:
donnababe wrote:

As Donnababe said, use a good sunscreen and stay out of the sun. The tanned areas will lighten up with time but I'm sorry to tell you that you'll never get back the skin you had as a child. But using hydroxy acids or retinoids will cause your skin to exfoliate and reveal newer and smoother skin that will also be lighter. This all takes time and using stronger solutions to try to speed the process up will probably cause irritation and possibly more damage.

Yea there is no way I can turn back time. I am not looking for quick results. I am in this for the long haul. Very Happy
sj4eva

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
SkinMan wrote:
Same thing happened with me and i've made a thread aswell.

However im not an indian, im white english.

My forearms and hands are tanned along with my face.

Upper arms, chest, back, belly and legs are all extremeley pale, its actually un believeable how pale they are compared to my face.

I would like to get rid of my tan and keep it off in the fastest way possible

Yea my situation is very similar to yours. It's kinda sad that the pale areas of my body are much lighter than that of some people's faces.

But like Donna and Stardust said, you can't expect quick results and by doing so you could be doing more harm than good.
SkinMan
5% products discount

Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Same here!

My pale parts are much much paler than other peoples faces, but my face is tanned.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hey you two!

Everyone's like that to some extent:lol:
sj4eva

Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Donna, what is a good sunblock to use? I've never used one before and I'm not sure whether to use 15 or 30 spf.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |