Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

is clinical users -- fading of sun spots?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:56 am      Reply with quote
first off -- wow!!! i've only been using this two nights and two mornings and i'm already seeing results. this has taken out all the ruddiness in my face to the extent that i practically scared myself when i went to brush my teeth this morning! mind you, i'm pale, really pale, but i've always had acne and redness in my face that have made MUAs want to give me foundations too dark or bronzers to actually be seen on my cheeks -- normal blush had to be layered too thickly. but now, i'm just really pale. skin-coloured (albeit ghostly). two days of IS Clinical and i'm finally seeing what wearing SPF 50+ every day has done to me!

but there's a wrinkle -- what isn't my 'normal' skin is sticking out like a sore thumb. blemishes, that are thankfully on there way down, are abnormally red. or maybe it just seems that way because the rest of me is so pale. and then there's the sun spots -- whoa! they look particularly horrid. i know they haven't gotten darker -- they just really stand out now.

my question is this -- is IS Clinical enough to fade these? i'm using the Active and the Pro-Heal. should i consider the Super? something else? or do i just need patience??? i'm considering getting an Innovative Facial at the spa in los angeles and i'm sure they'll have suggestions. however, i'd rather hear from people who are actually using this that have had discolouration issues.

holy batman! i'm in absolute awe of this stuff....

TIA
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:07 am      Reply with quote
do you alternate the pro-heal and active at night? How is it on your skin? not too much? (are you sensitive at all?)

I LURVE super serum so I would say go for it... Laughing
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:58 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
do you alternate the pro-heal and active at night? How is it on your skin? not too much? (are you sensitive at all?)

Pro-Heal in the a.m., Active at night. a little cocktail of Hydra-Cool and the Moisturising Complex over both. (a real little as i've only the tiny samples) think i'm going to give my face a 'rest' tonight and use the Poly-Vitamin sample i have.

as for my skin being sensitive or no -- it's really weird. sometimes it seems almost fragile, but most of the time it's tough as nails. it will pretty much tell me immediately if it likes a product or not. there are a few ingredients that i'm super sensitive to, such as shea butter. i swear i break out just looking at the stuff! most vitamin C serums as well. and i've never been able to tolerate prescription strength Retin-A. for the most part i've found my face likes aggressive treatment though. really active exfoliators and then deep, deep moisture. it gets cranky when i don't pay it enough attention Laughing . it's a delicate balancing act, but i've truly found it more beneficial for me than going the gentle route for the most part. if i'm overly aggressive though, i do need to baby it back.

if you haven't tried the Active, you must! love love love this stuff!!!
Mabsy

Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:45 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose - the poly-vitamin isn't really going to be a "rest" for your skin, but it *is* good! I think it's my fave from all the ISC samples I tried. I would love to hear what you think of it - don't be surprised if your face feels quite hot after applying this.

To answer your question, AHAs and vitamin C should over time (that being the key word Smile) help fade sun spots. Many of the ISC serums also include kojic acid as one of the ingredients, which also helps fade spots. I do like the Super Serum though so I'd recommend this, unless you prefer using something with retinol in which case you should probably stick with the Pro-Heal.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
la vie en rose - the poly-vitamin isn't really going to be a "rest" for your skin, but it *is* good! I think it's my fave from all the ISC samples I tried. I would love to hear what you think of it - don't be surprised if your face feels quite hot after applying this.

To answer your question, AHAs and vitamin C should over time (that being the key word Smile) help fade sun spots. Many of the ISC serums also include kojic acid as one of the ingredients, which also helps fade spots. I do like the Super Serum though so I'd recommend this, unless you prefer using something with retinol in which case you should probably stick with the Pro-Heal.

i thought the poly-vitamin was to rest the skin. hmm ...well, regardless, i *am* curious! if my skin gets cranky, i'll put off all tomorrow night. thus far, it's been fine. (probably because of all the abuse i've been putting it through with Avene retinaldahydes and BHA/AHAs.) what did the Poly-Vit do for you?

i know, i know. i have the patience of a pea sometimes! but *thank you* for telling me to hang in there. my skin has been so mottled for years -- now that it's breaking up, i'm really noticing it! i chose Pro-Heal over the Super Serum because i'm still prone to cystic acne. i didn't chose it for the retinol -- that's so minimal. (if i want a retinol, i'll add it again every other night or whatnot at night after my trip -- los angeles, vegas, and maui, mostly work, really! well, except for maui -- introducing BF to father. i will be faithful with my sunscreen and hats, but better safe than sorry.) almost every C i've tried has broken me out, most probably because of the other ingredients. i thought i was safer starting with the Pro-Heal. i guess i'll get a sampe of the Super. i'm not sure if a sample is big enough to tell the difference, but at least i'll know if my skin doesn't like it. if it seems to, perhaps i'll alternate them in the morning.... geez, i've become an ISC slut overnight. Bad Grin

BTW -- really liking the cleanser. i've used the Decleor, Phytomer, Exfoliac, etc. but i actually think i like this better. it seems gentler, yet feels very clean. you should try a sample of this! the only problem is that i don't trust it alone to get rid of my SS so i'm using a Laszlo oil that i have first for now. any recommendationson cleansing oils? Decleor? Babor?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
(I wish I could use the poly-loved the sample but it inflames my rosacea.) Both the actvie and proheal help fade red spots but because they are darker, like sun spots, they are going to take a little longer to fade than the rest. For me, I notice that it's like fading the surface tan and leaving the darker, deeper stuff a little more noticable at first and then they fade as they slough off or resurface to the top layer of my face. I help mine along alittle with a tiny spot treatment of mama lotion at night just on the newer red ones, which really helps. I love the cleanser too, been mixing it with my Cetaphil (still have a huge bottle) so it doesn't overdry my skin with all this exfoliation going on.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
(I wish I could use the poly-loved the sample but it inflames my rosacea.) Both the actvie and proheal help fade red spots but because they are darker, like sun spots, they are going to take a little longer to fade than the rest. For me, I notice that it's like fading the surface tan and leaving the darker, deeper stuff a little more noticable at first and then they fade as they slough off or resurface to the top layer of my face. I help mine along alittle with a tiny spot treatment of mama lotion at night just on the newer red ones, which really helps. I love the cleanser too, been mixing it with my Cetaphil (still have a huge bottle) so it doesn't overdry my skin with all this exfoliation going on.

my derm's never diagnosed me with rosacea, but i've often wondered if i have a mild case. how many times did you use the Poly-Vit before it caused a flare up?

so i need patience... thank you! i do need to be reminded now and again. Smile i've heard of mama lotion, but never looked into it -- now i will! do you use it over or under the Active?

i'm still using Cetaphil myself -- to take of make-up in the eye area. the ISC cleanser might do this fine, but my eyes (i'm a contact lens wearer) are tres sensitive. i suppose my using an oil first and then the cleanser is my way of buffering it as well. considering i've jumped in whole hog, i've got to be a wee bit gentle somewhere along the line. Very Happy is the Cetaphil/Cleanser mix all you use to get rid of your sunscreen? what brand of SS do you use? i've been using various Avene 50+. they're all kind of heavy and i just want them off my face and neck at night. (i used to use SPF 15, 20, or in extreme cases 30. the difference to my skin using the heavy duty european brands has been phenominal. will not stop using them!)

thank you all! i know i'm being a pest but i'm just so excited to see results this fast! am going to put Active and Pro-Heal to the ultimate test. i've had red blotchiness on my neck and decollage area from going out in v-neck. i've tried everything, but nothing's helped.... we'll see.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:10 am      Reply with quote
It flared up within the first few times-mainly just causing flushing. Poly-vit conatains vit b or niacin, which causes flushing in people with rosacea. I love the feel of the poly though.
The mama lotion I just use a drop of at night and only on the spots that need it, but I don't put active over or under it and I only use the mama every 2-3rd night. It can be very strong and it contains mandelic acid, which if used with anything else that contains acid could cause excessive redness and peeling in itself.
I use Clarins and IS clinical sunscreen on my face, mainly my nose. The mix of the cleanser/cetaphil takes it off just fine, which Cetaphil did not seem to want to do w/o scrubbing. I do use baby oil to remove my mascara which is waterproof, but I do not have contact lenses to irritate. I know that is a no/no to some.
It does take a little time and I certainly understand wanting to see results quickly, which IS Clinical does a good job right off the bat. I'm not very patient when it comes to that either. You want to know that your money went to a good product that will bring results, especially as expensive as some of these can be.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Which Is Clinical sunscreen are you using..I was just about to order the cream one.. Thanks
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I started using the Pro-Heal a little over 2 weeks ago, and can already see a difference in my complexion. It's much brighter and healthier looking. My face really loves this stuff. I'm so impressed with this product, that I am now going to order the active, as soon as my "other" glycolic acid product runs out! Very happy! Very Happy Very Happy

I am also using Amino Genesis Photolagen at nite now, and will definitely re-purchase this product. I've noticed a tightening effect after about 3 weeks of use, and a slight diminishing of fine lines. I will know for sure I think after the second bottle if wrinkles are getting better! Will keep you posted!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I use the cream sunscreen-got a few packets as samples. I only use it on my nose though, I generally don't use it allover unless I am going outside for the day or in the summer.
Mabsy

Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
what did the Poly-Vit do for you?

any recommendationson cleansing oils? Decleor? Babor?

Perhaps the Poly-Vitamin is a rest for the skin (it should be, looking at the ingredients) but I was really surprised by how hot my face felt the first few times I used it. It certainly didn't feel like it was soothing at the time Smile I loved this though because of the effect on my skin - it seemed like it looked better even right after application, but after a week or two of use my skin had a better texture. I can't quite put my finger on it - Marina described it as "thicker" skin and I think she's onto something there.

In terms of cleansing oils, I'd go with Babor. I've used both and both are very good for makeup removal, but I just find Babor to be nicer and I like the idea of layering a concentrate over it.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |