Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Phytomer Revitalizing Mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm not crazy for minty things ( DUCK!).

And most of the times, things that I think very minty are considered " not even half of the sensation" by truly devoted mighty minty fans. So, if I say this mask is "very minty", don't trust me on that.

But please take it to your heart that this is AN EXCELLENT MASK to rescue your stressed out skin. Use it on Friday nights before you're heading out to the Yuk Yuk Club and having good times with your friends. They will aprreciate your company, a happy soul, inside and out.

It is creamy white with funny looking marine blue particles. I have a good laugh looking at my face in the mirror after putting it on, wonder what the h... they are for! But just until I remove the mask with cool water after 10 mins, I come to appreciate these exfoliating ...uhm...agents.

My skin is silky smooth and bright. Those red dots from old zits and blackheads on my nose are much much less visible. And there are no pores beside my nose ! Yay!

Summertimegirl is "Phytomer Girl", I bet she already tried this mask. If you don't believe me, please send her a ...complaint! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy:P:P:P
Mabsy

Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Leila,

This sounds like something I must try! I'll make sure I'll ask for a sample of it with my next order.

Thanks for the review Smile
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Leila,

Nooo...this one hasn't found it's way into my beauty junket yet but thanks to you it will be soon!! I love that it's also got Marine Spring Water in it-- my night cream has it as well and it's so calming to use, I still love the morning wake up glows so it must be doing something right. Wink

I love the time-out pleasure of having a mask, sometimes it's so relaxing that I'll nap out for half an hour or so!! :P OK, so do these little blue particles melt into your skin on application or do they stick around to gently exfoliate? This one sounds so nice though, as does the Phytomer Hydration Seaweed Facial Mask which I was eyeing as well. :P I thank Valmont Renewing Pack for getting me back on the Time-Out-For-Yourself track for masks as I didn't have one at home before, except for ones I get at salon facials.

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl,

Glad you are back! Were you very busy at work recently? Kind of missing your great reviews the last few days.

I love seaweed, your mentioning of Phytomer Hydration Seaweed Mask tickles my appetite for more seaweed stuff:P:P:P YUM YUM !!!

Well, those funny blue particles didn't melt to my skin but just sat there made me look like a happy clown for a while. Make sure your sweetie doesn't catch you in the act. But they did a good job of exfoliating agents. I love this mask.

I'm always nut for mask and more masks. I have a very impressive collection of facial masks I'm so ...shy to list them down. I don't know why my skin seems not to care much for moisturizer except for under eye areas ( I don't have a decent moisturizer on my list) but it loves those 10min mask either to purify or moisturize or soothen my reactive skin.:P:P:P

Waiting for more of your fantastic reviews, especially after a short break! :P:P:P
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Babyfish,

Yes last week was a really busy time at work for me, it was quite crazy and never stopped-- lots of meetings and goals sessions with the managers! Happy to say I'm now off the nightshift for 3 weeks (Yipeeee!).... so looking forward to having a normal routine again if only for a little while. I really miss this forum when I haven't checked back for a few days-- I sometimes manage to sneak in a quick read at work but have no time to reply Sad. Logging on again today, it's fantastic to see that EDS have now got over 830 MEMBERS ~~ W:oWeee!! I think I was the 501th member to join a few months ago, I just love this forum!! It's the best! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

I also love seaweed, it's so good for your skin!...Phytomer got me addicted with it's skincare range and Leila got me hooked with her delicious seaweed dessert. Babyfish, if you get the chance to make it, it's so worth it!! V.Very YUUUUM !!Very Happy

I don't know why I never paid time and attention to putting on masks. A year ago, I had a dark clay one that I got from Origins called Clear Improvements-- now this is one you avoid coming to the door (at all costs) if you're wearing it, nevermind your sweetie snucking up on you-- it's charcoal grey and guarranteed to freak people out Surprised That mask was quite drying and I've learnt now that clay masks are better suited for oilier type skins as they act like a blotter for oils. I noticed that it left me with a matte finish after rinsing, so I wouldn't recommend it for Normal/ dry skin types as it's too drying.

It's nice that you prefer to indulge in a 10 min mask than lavish on the moisturiser :P, you've made me realise what I'm missing-- a good mask and blissing out for 10 mins calls for clear, happy skin. I think I'll be getting the Phytomer Revitalising Mask and the Hydration Seaweed Mask as well (Just noticed that the full size tube is GWP on EDS for orders over $CAD 200:D)

I know that different masks do different jobs for our skin, but how many do you have? Love to hear what masks you have! Wink

babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl,

Do you realize that the seaweed and yam and lotus seed dessert can be used as a facial mask? Yes, it can. I'm not kidding! But please skip the coconut milk.

Put a small cup of this dessert in a blender, ground it into a super smooth paste and spread it on your face. Can you believe it, an edible facial mask. Your sweetie will love to ...uhm...eat you all up...instead of freaking out seeing you wearing this mask...hee hee hee !!! Don't blame me ! Save the rest in the fridge not the freezer and use it for the next day!

If you read the ingredients very carefully, you will understand why it makes such a good treatment: honey, seaweed, sweet yam and lotus seed. Gee! I wish we can turn this into a real basement business. Who knows?

I have quite a few more "make-it-yourself facial mask recipe" using only stuff that you can eat as well as beautify your complexion. I told you, I'm nut about masks. Cheers!:P:P:P
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Babyfish,

YUM ! I think you've started a trend for 'Edible face masks' SurprisedSurprised!! Makes me think of all the things I can get up to on Valentines Day Very HappyWink !! I was so excited about eating this seaweed dessert, never would I have thought of using it as a mask! Now I know what to do with the surplus seaweed! :P That's genius! You could definitely turn this idea into a basement business-- I'm sure you'd have a small coterie of girlfriends who would love these sort of masks.. Very Happy the only thing is, they're natural ingredients without preservatives so they'd only have a quick shelf 'fridge' life. :P

Since you're a mask nut, I'm going to fish out the ingredients I came across in the papers for another great mask that you can make! This one is a bit of exfoliating one I think....Watch this space.... Very Happy

Summertimegirl xWink
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl,

I think it's an extremely lucrative idea that we're beauty junkies getting all of our super supreme knowledge about beauty ptds together and open a "basement business", we may achieve enough extra income to finance our beauty junkie * spam alert *...hee hee!!!

First product: a kissable edible aphrodisiacal lip gloss for this Valentine's Day ( oops! Mabsy's Day) :P:P:P
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Babyfish,

You would be so brilliant and I mean BRILLIANT at marketing Girly-Girl products, you come up with the best names for things I swear ! Very Happy Speaking of beauty junkie addictions, edible aphrodisiacal lip gloss sounds so Luush-- even without a name it sounds seductive !! :P:P

....We were talking about beautiful masks before and I came across this one that originates from Northern India. The ubtan is a mask made from delicious and fragrant dried and ground herbs, spices, clay, grains and flowers and is said to be a really beautifying mask. As there's no set recipe you can use whatever nutritious herbs and grains you have handy at home. Just whiz them in a coffee grinder until they are ground down as finely as possible-- Lentils, almonds, barley, adzuki beans and rolled oats.... the dried ingredients are then mixed with part of an egg or a whole egg depending on your skin type. For combination skin, use the whole egg, for Oily or untoned skin, only the white is used. For dry and matured skin, only the yolk. You then paint it on your face and leave for 15 mins, or until dry.

To remove, warm milk is placed on your face and the mask is gently rubbed off with the fingertips. If your skin is oily, use skim milk. This is a very impressive beauty treatment-- a nourishing mask and purifying scrub in one. You can extend this down to the decolletage... and this recipe is great for preventing blackheads and keeping the skin looking fresh and dewy! .....so next time you have a girls night in, this could be a fun one to make. Enjoy !

Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
I placed order for this products after seeing the reviews out there, it is so nice, I have used 2 times, I it is relaxing and smell gorgeous. After using it, you skin will be soft and bright! I love it!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |