Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New Member Question - how to avoid the big W
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

I am new to the forum, have read quite a few threads, enjoying them thouroughly (thank you to all who participate!), and have a question.

I am 37 and have the beginings of the dreaded w word... can I even bring myself to say it... ugh! Embarassed wrinkles Embarassed

While I do not ever think anything negative when I notice these things on others, I am having a problem seeing them in the mirror...

I have looked at several products online, and of course they all promise to be the best...

Can anyone suggest what I could use that could erase or ease anything that started and help to keep it that way?

I do not want to go overboard and buy products that I do not need and am just so confused.

Thank you so much for any help that you can give me! Very Happy
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:47 am      Reply with quote
"W's" Laughing are caused by sundamage, genes and expressions.

Few people realize how often they "W" up their face during the day. One day when you are alone put scotch tape on your forhead and the outer part of your eyes. You will be able to feel how often you do this and can controll it.

Get large-lensed sunglasses if they wrap around your face...all the better. Put them on every day. You squint even on cloudy days.

Sunscreen, sunscreen and more sunscreen. Every day rain or shine. Re-apply every two hours even if you don't get wet.

The above will help minimize what you have and help keep it from worsening.

Retin-a, peels and lasers can also help. You don't want to do these unless you are willing to use a good s/s every day. I'm not talking about a moisturizer with SPF or a foundation with SPF I'm talking s/s (actually, sunblock)

Oh, and to dispell a common myth, moisturizers will do next to nothing. They "might" minimize the "look" but they won't diminish nor hold them off.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Thank you!

I guess that learning to lay out in the sun while growing up on the Cape really did not give me a "healthy glow" after all... Rolling Eyes

I do use some sunscreen, but I am not religious about it and it probably could be a higher SPF. I am going to find a better one that I actually like to use on my face.

Thanks again...

Guess my mother was right after all when she said that if I made faces the express would freeze right into my face... Sad Laughing ummmm.... Neutral
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I agree with sunscreen++++. Even if you are using the best products for your skin , if you keep damaging in daily you will not get very far. I really like Anthelios XL, can get it off of ebay. hths. (also, try Vit. C serums and Retinols as well).
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your help.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |