Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
New Self Tanner getting RAVES!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Sometimes I need to learn to stay off sites like this and MUA. Truly kills any kind of college saving for my daughter. She better get scholarships, that's all I can say! Laughing

Any-who - as last year's phenomenon was Jergens' Natural Glow - check the raves out for this years installment - Hawaiin Tropics Glow (or something like that!)

This product is getting raves! Everyone is saying it is far better than Jergen's Glow and that there's little to no smell and that the color is true and natural - not orangy or yellow.

Will I be buying this? You bet! For $5.99 at Wallyworld -why not? I turned quite yellow with the Jergens' and the smell for me was off-putting....Supposedly this new tanner smells like Green Tea then quickly fades.

I'm going to use it on my arms this week. The play I'm in goes up next Friday and instead of wearing stage makeup on my arms I'd rather have them be a little tanned.

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I never did get around to trying the Jergens one so I've added this one to my shopping list for our Florida trip. I've never had great success with any self tanner but I like the idea of gradual color from a moisturizer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
freefall2 wrote:
I never did get around to trying the Jergens one so I've added this one to my shopping list for our Florida trip. I've never had great success with any self tanner but I like the idea of gradual color from a moisturizer.

Me too. I have the problem of turning far too yellow with self tanner, which is odd b/c in the pre-historic times, when I used to be a beach worshipper, my tan would be a lovely color - sort of bronzy-brown...but all of the self tanners I've used have brought about a yellow result. Here's hoping this one is different!

Maria Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I just saw this on MUA as well and it looks like a must-try product! I'm keen on the idea of less smell than the Natural Glow...

Will have to get some today and give it a go.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I'm sure I saw that (or something like it) in Superdrug (UK) today. Wish I'd known how good it's supposed to be!

Maria - Be sure to let us know how you get on with it.

I succummbed today to another of rosebud's recommendations (that girl is going to bankrupt me, for sure! Laughing ) and bought some of the Dove Glow stuff on BOGOF offer. Then I also saw some similar gradual self-tan lotion by Garnier. Since I already like Garnier's After-Sun Lotion with Self-Tan added, I decided to splash out and see what this new version's like.

I hope everyone who tries these gradual tanners will post reviews so we can find out which ones are the best. There are so many of them - it's a tanning minefield out there! Shock
stephie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately I never tried the Jergens Natural Glow because my friend told me it didn't "tan" her skin enough. So I'm wondering what level of "color" does Hawaiian Tropics Glow give?

thanks.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Well, it looks like Mariav beat me to this one! I had read the same "glowing" Laughing reviews on MUA and bought this two days ago. I've only used it twice but here is how I would compare it to Jergens. It definitely smells MUCH better. It's kind of sweet, but not overpowering and it goes away after a few minutes. At night when I'm in bed I do notice a hint of the typical tanner smell, but it doesn't bother me at all and I have an extremely sensitive nose. Some people probably won't even smell it all. This one is about the same consistency, it's white in color (no sparkles), and absorbs/dries fast.

As far as the color goes, I've only used it twice so far so it's really hard for me to say much on that yet. What I'm seeing so far is very natural, but it's also very light. They recommend that you use this as your daily body lotion and I can see that you'd have to use it pretty much daily to get a decent "tan". By the way, I bought the medium skin tone one and I am VERY pale.

The good thing about this one being so light for each application is that it's virtually mistake-proof. However, you do still need to wash your hands and make sure you have an even application. I have one tiny spot on my right forearm that I obviously didn't rub on evenly. Since it's so light though I don't think anyone will notice any goofs.

So to sum up, I think this is going to be a GREAT daily tanning lotion. Each application is light enough that you will hardly make any mistakes and it smells 100 times better than Jergens. I have no problem at all using this as an every day moisturizer. It hasn't left any color on my clothes or ivory sheets either. I will report back as I get a few more days into to let everyone know how buildable the tan actually is, but so far this is my new favorite product!
Virginia
5% products discount

Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Hawaiian Tropics Island Glow. Last year I used the Jergens. There is hardly any odor with the Island Glow and the color is great on me.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Well, like a moth to a flame, I bought this today. First impression is positive as there's no smell. As a matter of fact, I'm not getting any whiff of the nasty self-tanner smell at all?! Of course I just tried a little on my arm, so we'll see what happens when I apply to my entire self.

There was only two tubes of it left in the entire display. I got the medium and I am pretty fair....There were about 4 light ones left, and 2 mediums.

Will report back with any progress, but if smell counts for anything - it's already a winner. Here's hoping to a natural looking tan.

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Dammit! That's yet another gradual self-tan on my shopping list! (I'm going to end up with hundreds of these.) Wink Laughing
Mabsy

Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes Like I needed another thing on my list! I still have a new unopened Jergen's that I need to use up!

Apart from the smell (which I don't mind), is it actually better?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Rolling Eyes Like I needed another thing on my list! I still have a new unopened Jergen's that I need to use up!

Apart from the smell (which I don't mind), is it actually better?

I'm in the same boat as you. I bought 2 of the Jergens and now have one completely unused. For the smell issue alone, replacing it was worth it for me. The Jergens almost made me sick it was so STRONG! I think the HT may be a bit easier to use as well. It seems a little less goof-proof but maybe I'm just being more careful.

By the way I've now used this 3 times (I was too tired for a 4th application last night). While there is a noticable color difference to me, it's still pretty light and I don't think anyone else would really notice. However, it has taken the bright white glow from my skin thank goodness! I think with a weeks worth of application I will be pretty dark though and I'd rather keep it a bit more natural anyway.
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Loreal Subline glow and it's working beautifully! Doesn't smell too bad in my opinion and leaves a really nice natural buildup of a tan.
Mabsy

Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Thank you TAMgirl99 - and so it gets added to the list Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
I went looking for this but it doesn't seem to be available here (vancouver, bc)

Have any Canadians found it

I would like to try a self-tanner, but smell/fragrance is a HUGE deterrent for me, so the HT sounds perfect!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Will have to try it!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:52 am      Reply with quote
It's not here yet, either. Crying or Very sad

I thought I saw it the other day, but it turned out to be one of the Hawaiian Tropic sunscreens instead.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Ok I got this in medium and light, being very fair I was confused as too what too get, so I got both in my fear the shelves will be cleared soon enough Laughing . Ok I have used the medium twice and the color is amazing, no orange at all, no yellow tint at all and best of all absolutely no mistakes, I looked and looked and couldnt find one. With the jergens, I started out using the medium but it turned me a tinge of yellow orange..so I bought light, but never used it, so I can't really compare the light. I am pale but with olive undertones so maybe thats why they jergens turned funky on me and not most of the world, but with this I am finally the color I get in the sun. I have not used the light, I am about to have surgery and decided I dont need to be tan for that but once all thats over I will try that and see how it does as well.

Melissa
hindoss
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
hello
i was wondering if anyone knows any UK store who sells this product ?
thanks
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |