Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Line Fillers...anyone tried "Faux Fillment"?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I use Browtox from PSF and have been really happy with how it worked to relax my "11" and forhead lines. I also use the Arctic Frost from Walgreens and that keeps my face looking smooth, too. However, some days I must do more squinting than others, because sometimes - not always - I notice that my 11 looks more pronounced. Actually, I have a "1"...just a small vertical crease near my left brow...nothing much on the right. Laughing

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone knew of a good topical that would really "fill in" the crease on days when it seems more pronounced. I don't know if I'd have to just settle for something cosmetic, like Benefit "It Stick" or if there really is a gel, cream or whatever that plumped out a crease. I've heard about Faux Fillment from (I think) Dermadoctor...but its around $100 and unless it's a miracle product I don't know if I'd want to shell out for that!

Sorry for the long post! As always, any feedback is hugely appreciated!

Mary Smile
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Pure Luxe Line Eraser, after reading such great reviews from others here at EDS. It comes in a creme *which I have and use*, and a powder. You can order a sample from their site, for around $5.00.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
There is a new L'Oreal collagen line filler with silicone I have been seeing commercials for lately. I hope someone will do a review of it soon as my budget is blown. Pray
oli_d
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
pnw wrote:
There is a new L'Oreal collagen line filler with silicone I have been seeing commercials for lately. I hope someone will do a review of it soon as my budget is blown. Pray

a friend has been using it since it was released here and she has seen a difference in the depth of her lines on her forehead, which was her concearn. The way the biopeptides work is by fusing with water in the skin and expanding in volume, that's how it plumps out the lines.

oli
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:12 am      Reply with quote
I had some samples of the faux-fillment which I tried a while back and didn't notice any improvement!
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the feedback everyone! I think both the Pure Luxe and L'Oreal sound like they're worth a try...and the price is certainly better than the Faux Fillment! Fifi, thanks for letting me know of your not-so-spectacular experience with the F.F...you just saved me $100.00! Laughing

Mary Smile
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Good luck, Mary H.! Will you let us know how it goes?
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, pnw! I already bought the Pure Luxe Eraser (cream) online, and will probably hit the drugstore or ULTA this week to get the L'Oreal product. I'll be happy to report back...hopefully with great results!

Mary Smile
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the Pure Luxe line eraser once you get it. You can use it either under or over your makeup.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the L'Oreal product a lot.

It has a mild effect, and it's very temporary. If you put a lot of the cream on your target area and sort of daub it rather than rubbing it in, it somehow clouds over the wrinkles a little bit. It's one of those things where probably only YOU would notice it, and the next time you check the mirror 3 hrs later, the effect will be gone.

For some reason, though, it's kind of addictive. The initial effect, however negligible, is better than the nothing you see with most products. And the cream is cool and soothing on the skin.

I don't know if this is a positive review or negative review...I guess pretty neutral. It's probably not worth the money.
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Janis I couldnt have put it better myself! I have been using the L'Oreal stuff too and dont really see much difference, I use it on my lip lines and if I put it on quite thick it does fill the lines a bit but as you say only lasts a short time....
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Well, I still haven't gotten the L'Oreal product...will pick it up today, as it's on sale at the local Osco drug store! BUT...I have tried the Pure Luxe Eraser, and boy does it live up to the praise it receives here on EDS! At first I looked at it and thought, "This doesn't look like a concealer...how is it going to erase anything?" But just a tiny dab on that "half-of-an-11" I have going on and it was gone!! I kept checking it from different angles, and it really did hide it! It's fairly faint to begin with, but this made it invisible. Incredible! And it sounds like you can use it for everything (under eyes, etc.) so I'll experiment with that as well...

Thanks for the recommendation, Chrissie!

Mary Smile
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure how the PL creme eraser works, but it does. It feels kind of silicone-based, but not being a chemist, I may not know what the heck I am talking about! Laughing Anyway, I'm glad you like it!
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm...I'm no chemist either, but it is great stuff! Laughing However, the silicone thing makes sense to me. At any rate, a friend on this board (I'm Kiki) just ordered a bunch of Pure Luxe samples, and I may do the same now that I am so impressed with this product! I've also read a lot of positive posts about how great the company (and owner Christina) is to deal with...and that's always a huge plus for me (one of the reasons I love PSF so much!).

Okay...I'm rambling! Just excited to have found yet another cool product that really delivers... Smile

Mary
Prince Andrew

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I saw Faux-Fillment at Sephora, and against my better judgment, spent the 110.00 for it.

I was STUNNED to see how well it works. This is the real deal, and if you do a simple internet search about hyaluronic acid you'll understand why it works.

It's expensive, but WOW does it work.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Prince Andrew wrote:
I saw Faux-Fillment at Sephora, and against my better judgment, spent the 110.00 for it.

I was STUNNED to see how well it works. This is the real deal, and if you do a simple internet search about hyaluronic acid you'll understand why it works.

It's expensive, but WOW does it work.

I am hoping you will keep us posted on this one.
I am VERY curious as to whether Faux Fillament is temporary... are the effects gone after a few hours or the end of the day??
Or, does it has cumulative results????
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Faux-Fillment - Interesting.

Yes, please keep us updated. How bad were your NL fold lines? Have you tried any fillers in the past?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |