Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Lily Lolo samples arrive... mmmmmm not convinced so far..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Got my Lily Lolo samples today, so far all I can say is I'm glad I didn't buy the full size items as the colours look awful!

I have 4 little plastic bags of blusher and eyeshadow and I'm not keen on 3 of the colours, maybe they will go on better. The Cheeky Cheeky blush is described as a pinky peach but it looks more orange and the Doll Face Blush looks very light.

Also how do you use them from the bags? I'm scared that as soon as I open the bag, the fine powder is going to puff everywhere!

Wow aren't the samples of foundation tiny? I know they were only 99p each but again how do you get your brush into that? I guess I have to tip a bit out onto a plate or something?

Any tips?

Thanks

Sarah
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I use a regular eyeshadow brush, tap the bag, open it and take up a little of the powder from the side of the bag. No need to dip in the powder.

For the foundation either get a fluffy sponge and do the same as above. My other samples are in little pots so if I'm using a brush a tap a little in the lid.

I have the cheeky and it is a matte peachy colour on me, I just got the Waikiki which is lighter but has a shimmer and it almost looks yellow/peach till it's blended. On me it's very natural.

They are tiny but you don't need a lot.

Hope that helps a little.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Eve, will have a play around in the morning and probably end up looking like Alice Cooper! Smile
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have an empty tin from a trial set of Dr.H and I tip my foundation out into that. I know the pots look small but you really only need a small amount, mine's lasted 2-3 weeks now and I've still got a lot left. I agree it's hard to find a colour match on line. I ordered three colours of foundation and the one that I didn't think would really be my shade was a perfect match. I haven't used the shadows yet but when I do I guess I'll tip them out onto a tissue and dip a brush in. I'm really impressed with this range!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Use a piece of paper for my pure luxe samples. Dump a lil powder out, swirl, fold the paper in half and pour the leftovers back in

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:57 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
Thanks Eve, will have a play around in the morning and probably end up looking like Alice Cooper! Smile

Cool Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:04 am      Reply with quote
Nope I can't get on with the Lily Lolo samples, I don't like the coverage of the foundation... so, is there anyone in the UK that wants these samples as I won't be using them?

I have only tipped a little out of each to use so they haven't been touched by human hands. Will post for free to anyone (UK) that wants them. PM me.

Sarah
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear that Sarah. I won't jump in and ask as I've already got some Laughing but I'm sure some lucky lady in the UK would be happy to take them off your hands.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:02 am      Reply with quote
No takers yet. Come on girls.. it's free! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |