Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: valmont renewing pack
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Alright ladies... I know there are already millions of good reviews for this product. But I just HAVE to do my own review. Last night, my eczema falred up like mad. I was itching so badly . I decided not to put on my retin a before I went to bed because I did not know what it would do to portions of my face that was flaring up. Thus, I decided to put on valmont.

This morning when I got up I was so surprised.... The flaring was reduced. Out of 5 visible (huge) rash on my face that I had last night, I could only see 2 (the biggest ones). In addition those two did not even itch when I got up.

Somehow valmont calms my skin down... Rolling Eyes
I dont care how it does that. I am just happy that the flaring is reduced.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Valmont Renewing Pack (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Valmont Renewing Pack (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

Rebalancing treatment mask which gives skin an instant beauty boost. Responding to the essential needs of the skin (hydration, oxygenation, nutrition, repair, etc.) and in addition offering a range of solutions adapted to the most delicate areas, such as the area around the eyes, the throat and décolleté, and even the lips and lip contour.

Replaced by {{17216}}.

Mabsy

Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Great to hear that it helped calm down the rashes! I still love using this as well. I love the cooling refreshing feeling it gives and how even and healthy my skin looks afterwards. This is particularly so if I have a cold. In fact, because I'm stingy Embarassed, I tend to only use this when I am sick and I want to look more human, or when I am heading out somewhere and need a bit of a boost. Other times I just use the Orlane Morning Recovery Concentrate or Guerlain Midnight Secret.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, can you do a quasi-review comparing Orlane Morning Recovery Concentrate and Guerlain Midnight Secret?? Interested to hear more about these!
Mabsy

Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:17 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Mabsy, can you do a quasi-review comparing Orlane Morning Recovery Concentrate and Guerlain Midnight Secret?? Interested to hear more about these!

Sure, give me a week and I will try them again a few times and then put something to paper (or keyboard as the case may be Smile). I haven't used the Guerlain for a while because I tend to prefer the Orlane (in terms of smell and also the fact that I can use this in the morning if I decide it's needed and not just by itself at night). The Orlane is pretty good for the eye area whereas I think you are told to keep the Guerlain one away from the eye area (not sure, will have to look this up).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:42 am      Reply with quote
tried to find something on the box about keeping Midnight Secret away from the eyes, but couldn't.... anyways, will be trying this under my MU on the dreadful flight back to the states tomorrow. eleven hours on a plane is never very good for anybody's complexion.
Mabsy

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:00 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
tried to find something on the box about keeping Midnight Secret away from the eyes, but couldn't.... anyways, will be trying this under my MU on the dreadful flight back to the states tomorrow. eleven hours on a plane is never very good for anybody's complexion.

I could be wrong. I'm not sure where I got that from.... Anyway, have a good trip and drink plenty of water on the plane. Also, I'm looking forward to hearing what you thought of the Midnight Secret. I'm dreading my flight to Europe in June, and I'll be packing an arsenal of products with me as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I could be wrong. I'm not sure where I got that from.... Anyway, have a good trip and drink plenty of water on the plane. Also, I'm looking forward to hearing what you thought of the Midnight Secret. I'm dreading my flight to Europe in June, and I'll be packing an arsenal of products with me as well.

i'll be your guinea pig on this! Laughing (i have the flights to hawaii as well. not as long, but enough to ravage skin.)seriously, i look dreadful after the flights. every line that ever thought about appearing on my face, arrives. if something works on me, it can work on anybody. if i'm not thrilled with MS, i may try the Valmont, as everyone raves about it and i've yet to try it. has anyone ever figured out if it can be left on???

how long is the flight from australia to europe? ugh! it must be dreadful!!! i hope you're getting to stay for a good long time! any chance of a visit to paris? Very Happy
Mabsy

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:51 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
has anyone ever figured out if it can be left on???

how long is the flight from australia to europe? ugh! it must be dreadful!!! i hope you're getting to stay for a good long time! any chance of a visit to paris? Very Happy

I've left the Renewing Pack on overnight, so that should be fine. However, I wouldn't use it during the day as I think that applying foundation over it would ball it up (unless you used a powder foundation).

The flight will be about 22/23 hours flight time plus time during two stop-overs *shudder* Australia to Europe trips are a terrible that way. You should see me when I get off a flight like that! It's generally not pretty but I've learned to improve it over the last few flights. This time I'm heading over with work people and straight to work, so I have to try to look presentable the whole way through...

No Paris this time I'm afraid Sad I was in Paris in December'05, we could have caught up and gone shopping! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:45 am      Reply with quote
One thing with Midnight Secret.. the SA in tokyo told me it can be used max. 3 times a week. Does it say that on the box?

Re long flights.. I find that if I put camellia oil on my face at take off and then toward the end do a mask (one of those fold out cloth ones) my skin comes out of it all OK. Then when I get to the hotel first thing I do is a microderm treatment and all is well.

I also virtually have a drip in my arm to suction in water. 11 hour flight I would consume 4 liters easily LOL and I dont have any alcohol or coffee/tea. Usuall skip most the meal and carry own snacks for light eating.

Lots of leg exercises, a good hydrating nasal spray, wet-mask for the eyes (I put that under my sleep mask to stop the eyes drying out) and I really do come off looking fairly human!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim -- nothing on the box says only three times a week, but it cost such a bloody fortune. (i'm saving it for when i *need* it. trade show in vegas, out drinking late, catching up with my cronies should be perfect!) i have actually heard of people using MS every night -- i just don't think the effect is as noticible.

don't have camelia oil (haven't been able to find it here), a fold-out mask, or a proper microderm treatment.... all together now, 'aaah, poor deprived girl!' Wink

water and flying is tricky for me. a) i have to limit my liquid intake. this is especially true on planes as i tend to retain fluid in the air, and b) i'm terribly claustrophobic and *must* sit next to the window or i kind of freak out. you can only climb over two people so many times before they want to kill you.... and no alcohol??? i'm afraid it's my drug of choice -- two glasses of champagne on take-off (god bless air france) and wine with my meal. it's the only thing that let's me sleep.

guess it's amazing i don't even look worse than i do when i get off the plane! in my defense, i do stretch alot in the galley when i get up to pee. Very Happy

mabsy -- we would have been veeeeery dangerous shopping together!!!
Mabsy

Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
mabsy -- we would have been veeeeery dangerous shopping together!!!

I know! It would have been great fun and my bank would have loved it! Smile

Tiger_tim - thank you for the tips. I think I will have to put on an eye mask under the sleep mask and see how that goes.

Btw, I actually recall something about being able to use the midnight secret only once or twice a week? Is that in the instructions? I have no idea where I'm getting these things from!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing I think that was me telling you in a PM!!

We seem to get more detailed instructions on everything here in Japan - from uses for La Mer to how to use the RoC peel. I guess it is the culture.

But the SA at Takashimaya Nihonbashi store was adament that MS should not be used more than 3 times a week. That store has an Institute de Guerlain Salon (or whatever it is called) so I would think they are very well trained on product info. I must ask at another store this weekend and see what they say...

Re the eye mask, we have these little wet sheets in Japan that I use on the plane too. Pop one under the sleep mask (I haev a lovely soft, velvety La Mer one) and it is amazing how it is dried out when I wake up, but my eyes feel lovely. They are not cheap, about $4 for a pack of 5, but I would never fly without them (they are also used for tired eyes from PC, driving, etc.).
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
children, children, i have to finish packing!!!

okay, Midnight Secret is best used ony when you need it, i.e., late night partying and whatnot for the most startling difference. it can be used three nights a week for optimum long-term benefits. then again, it can also be used *every* night, but you're not really going to see better skin than if you used it a few nights a week. there! settled!

avoir Very Happy

i really have to finish....
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Off topic butttttt....

Even my oily skin takes a beating on long flights. A globe trotting friend of mine recommended two things and they both work beautifully: Prescriptives Flight Cream and spritzing over and over with Evian - in fact, Evian makes little spray cans for this very purpose.

I used to come off trans-Atlantic flights looking a wreck, but this leaves your skin looking all plump and rosey!

Also, much as it pains me to pass up free drinks, the no alcohol/no caffeine advice works for me as well. If I remember to, which I rarely do, I also call in advance and ask for either vegetarian or kosher food (laughing....I'm neither). It's a great way to get something to eat that isn't laden with salt. Usually, they give you lovely fruit plates and stuff like that....
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
an update on using Midnight Secret for plane travel -- DON'T DON'T DON'T! well, at least not if you acne prone.... think about what this product is supposed to be good for -- when you've stayed up late and only are going to be getting three to four hours sleep. so what did i do??? i had it on for twenty-four hours straight. Rolling Eyes of course, staying up for twenty-four hours isn't great for the skin either...

on the plus side, my skin was actually quite hydrated. unfortunately, i really broke out bad. i have a feeling the same could be said for any intensive treatment, left on for that long. after this experience, i think i'd much rather have had dehydrated skin and used some lovely mask before i went to sleep.... just a warning not to go whole hog.
Mabsy

Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:29 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose - Yikes! So sorry to hear that! And also thank you so much for the warning. I hope your breakout clears up quickly. Have you got some stuff to spot treat with?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
la vie en rose - Yikes! So sorry to hear that! And also thank you so much for the warning. I hope your breakout clears up quickly. Have you got some stuff to spot treat with?

so i was hoping.... unfortunately, i got the really big nasty ones that may be with me for awhile.... did i bring anything to spot treat from france? of course not! my skin has been behaving. so i went out today and bought what used to be a god-send for me in my worst years -- Lerosett from Guinella of Sweden -- and paid like three times as much as it costs over there! anyways, planning on doing a mask tonight and sleeping in it as a spot treatment. praying it works as i'm feeling like a teenager again and just want to hide my head! Crying or Very sad guess it taught me to fool with mother nature -- airplanes dehydrate you, so be it!

at least i was able to share this disaster with others so no one reading this ever has to go through it. i think i will simply 'mist' on the flight to hawaii. Embarassed
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I was just browsing the skin-etc site and noticed this product from Bioelements and wanted to call attention to it here for all you jet-setters. It's called Jet Travel (27.75 USD). Cute bottle too!

http://www.skin-etc.com/bijettr.html
peace of mind
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:09 am      Reply with quote
never use the mask when i have eczema , thanks for your tips!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I stilly stand by a layer of camellia oil (or equivalent loved skin oil ie. jojoba, rosehip, etc.) and perhaps a layer of Hyaluronic acid underneath topped with spritzes throughout the flight stops any dehydration.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |