Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Time to put this to a vote...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Poll :: Name my product line

Candessence
75%
 75%  [ 22 ]
Pure Candy
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Idol
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29

Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have kinda sorta fallen into making my own skin & bath products. It's turned into a small business in a way. *NOT SELF-PROMOTING! Very Happy *

I have to come up with a name for this little venture of mine. I have received some good suggestions and some not so good. 'Cream on me' was NOT anywhere close on this list despite my male co-workers insistence of how catchy it was Embarassed !

I'm still open to suggestions but think I have at this point narrowed it down to 3.

My name is Candace, Candy for short. With a name like that, you'd think it would be easy to come up with something catchy.

1st name - Candessence (suggested by a very sweet & generous EDS'r, I think it is very classy without being stuffy)

2nd - Pure Candy (suggested by a friend who says that I put so much of myself into my products)

3rd - Idol (suggested by a co-worker I took under my wing when she was new on the job. Thought it was very sweet. She says I'm her 2nd idol behind her older sister - well that and the fact she says she idolizes my butt, lol, long story)

I like all 3, each for their own reasons. I cannot seem to come to a 100% decision. So, I am putting it to a vote to people who know product names and what would catch their attention and be memorable.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
What are the products going to be like? If they have candy-like colors and smells, Pure Candy is good...kinda like Jessica Simpson's stuff.
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
If I didn't know anything about the products, I'd go for Pure Candy. It sounds like a holy grail product, like sugar-free chocolate! Go wild without the consequences! Wink
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
pnw wrote:
If I didn't know anything about the products, I'd go for Pure Candy. It sounds like a holy grail product, like sugar-free chocolate! Go wild without the consequences! Wink

Wink Laughing yea, you would know nothing of this stuff would you? LOL, think it's ok to vote for your own suggestion. Razz

Only been a few hours but Candessense is far and ahead the favorite. Looking forward to the weekdays when everyone starts loggin in again.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I voted for Candessense because it isn't too 'stuffy' like you said. It's fresh and clean, if you know what I mean (didn't mean to make that rythme) Embarassed . I think Pure Candy just gives you the idea that the products are going to be sugary treats, like the Jessica Simpson line. Idol, seems ok, but I prefer the Candessence. Very Happy
jilllpa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I voted for Candessense. What about "The Essense of Candy"?
Good Luck with your business venture!
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Cream on me?? Haha...I'm not even going to touch that one....

I voted for Candessence...it sounds like a pretty name and I like how it has essence in it and sounds like candescent. Pure Candy sounds like it's talking about surgary candy, not something I want to put on my skin! Idol just didn't do anything for me.
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
It's winning?! Yeay!! I asked my hubby (I didn't tell him who suggested this so his vote should have immunity). He chose Candessence! He says Idol sounds like it's for teens.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
cloud_9 wrote:
What are the products going to be like? If they have candy-like colors and smells, Pure Candy is good...kinda like Jessica Simpson's stuff.

As poor, dear frustrated PNW is finding out (she's helping with my flyers, brochures and business cards...bless her patient heart Very Happy ) What my product line is changes almost daily!! LOL. For simplicity sake I make skin care and bath products (** Again - NOT self-promoting, Smile )

It started simply as I made too much lotion and it snow-balled from there. The body products can or do have 'candy-like' properties (eg. Lemon Souffle, Strawberry Smoothie, Chocolate). And as easy as they are and as much fun as I have making them I'm REALLY diggin' making the skin care stuff and soap. LOL, Best part is I stopped using soap when I joined this forum and have yet to try any of them!

I really have NO idea where is little venture is taking me, or how far I want it to go. But it only seems right for it to have a name.

Keep the votes and comments coming. It's all extremely helpful to me. Thank you all for your input.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:
Cream on me?? Haha...I'm not even going to touch that one....

I voted for Candessence...it sounds like a pretty name and I like how it has essence in it and sounds like candescent. Pure Candy sounds like it's talking about surgary candy, not something I want to put on my skin! Idol just didn't do anything for me.

Then you really wouldn't like the other suggestion for my lip balms.....Lip Jizz (I work with some really sick, demented people Laughing )

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Candy, I do think your Encore hand lotion is the bomb and I am glad more people are finally going to get a chance to try out some of your products, they are so original!
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
pnw wrote:
Candy, I do think your Encore hand lotion is the bomb and I am glad more people are finally going to get a chance to try out some of your products, they are so original!

Thanks! Very Happy It took alot of batches of white yuckky stuff going down the drain before I got it right. Started off making something to address my hands that I haven't been able to find in any product I've purchased. Turns out alot of other people had the same gripes but couldn't find anything either. Now they have mine Cool . Thanks for the name too. Was getting tired of people calling 'Applause' applesauce!

Really quite proud of a few of my things. Had it not been for this forum and some really smart folks here I never would be doing this now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I love Pure Candy.

It's a great play on your name and it really sounds like something I want to put on my skin.

It's a perfect double entendre!

Candessence would be my second choice.

I wish you all the best with this wonderful venture. Very Happy
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
cloe wrote:
I love Pure Candy.

It's a great play on your name and it really sounds like something I want to put on my skin.

It's a perfect double entendre!

Candessence would be my second choice.

I wish you all the best with this wonderful venture. Very Happy

Thanks Cloe!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Come on Ladies! over 300 looksies and only 25 votes? Though it seems Candessence will be the winner!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Pure Candy, (I am a sweets junkie).
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Well Ladies (and any gents out there) - the votes are in and Candessence has been born!!

Thank you all for your thoughts, suggestions & ideas.

Production (my kitchen Laughing ) is in full swing and the house smells great.

Thank you again for your votes.

Candy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I didn't see this until today, but I'm glad you picked Candessence. It most definitely gets my vote!

Pure Candy was cute, but lacks sophistication - I wrinkled my nose a little when I first read it Wink

The whole endeavor is exciting though - go for it Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I just saw this post today, but I am with Katee...I would've voted for Candessence!

I applaud your entreprenurial spirit and wish you all the best in your new venture! If you've already posted about this and I missed it, my apolgies...but where/when might we be able to purchase some of your products? They sound awesome (lemon souffle...yum!)!

Mary Smile
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
With EDS's permission I will soon post how to purchase if anyone is so interested. I do not want to upset anyone nor violate terms of this forum.

Stay tuned kiddies!

Thank you for the good wishes as well!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Name sounds great, I was thinking idol could get you in trouble since there is a show called that. Best of luck. Some of the best things start from a personal need.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 12:28 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Name sounds great, I was thinking idol could get you in trouble since there is a show called that. Best of luck. Some of the best things start from a personal need.

Yea, that was why I pretty much nixed I, Candy from the start. Though I thought it was pretty cool.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 1:47 am      Reply with quote
well, gee, I didn't see this post until now either. But my vote would have been Candessence so it's good to hear you went with that. Wink

Good luck! I am happy for you that you are going for it.

And I'm curious about your products too. Smile Keep us posted.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
tammymamtam
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
sorry just read this. i think you picked the right one. goo luck Very Happy
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Being one of the lucky ones who has tried Candy's creations I can only say I have NEVER come across a better handcream than Candessence Encore healing and nongreasy handcream. It is amazing how smooth and soft and nourished this cream makes my hands - and how much pleasure this has given me. You've healed my dishwashing hands Very Happy

So HUGE good luck wishes with your enterprise Candy - keep us all posted on what's happening!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |