Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Acne.org regimen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I tried doing a search to see if this was talked about couldn't find anything so I was wondering if anybody had tried this regimen thats onwww.acne.org?

If so what was your experience? Or you think it might work?

Gentle cleansers
2.5% BP
adequate moisturizer

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I turned to acne.org for assistance with my adult acne problem. I have utilized the regimine for 2 1/2 weeks and it does work. Definitely purchase the Benzoyl Peroxide from the website. It is a gel and it is readily absorbed by the skin (no white residue).

Finally my skin appears to be predominantly clear. It is amazing that such a simple regimine works.
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I was on this regimen for awhile. It definitely helped with clearing my skin up (though I eventually needed to seek out something stronger as my acne was REALLY stubborn). The MOST IMPORTANT thing is to start off with very small amounts of BP. Wanting to see results right away, I started off with too much and my skin got so dry and flaky, that I would have to stop for awhile, moisturizing like crazy, and start up again.
The downside to this regimen is that it's time consuming. I also didn't like the feel of the bp on my skin during the day, under my makeup. But I was also doing the regimen before Dan came out with the bp gel, which probably feels lighter.
I think it's definitely worth a shot. Just start slowly and be gentle with your skin!
minivanmom
5% products discount

Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Absolutely worked for me. I don't even wear foundation anymore. I use a facial brush also with the regime. The bp that they sell on the site is very gentle and you get a big tube for the price. I have my daughter on the regime too.

Donna
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
My teenage son uses a modified version of the acne.org regimen. I gave him samples of gentle cleaners that I had - they're still sitting on the counter, so I'm not sure what he's using. Mad He does put a light coat of Persa-gel 5% all over his face, but no moisturiser afterwards.

In the beginning he used the bp morning and night, but now that the constant breakouts have stopped, he uses it only at night. So far his skin looks pretty good, definitely much better than before he started with the bp. And imho putting it all over the face rather than spot-treat is the key to reducing the number of pimples that show up. He's been doing this for about 9 months.
st3rlite
5% products discount

Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:33 am      Reply with quote
i used this routine about a year ago and it did work but it also irritated my skin. I have really sensitive skin prone to eczema and I would go through phases of clear skin from the Benzoyl peroxide but then days of rashes and then the cycle would go on and on. BP is a very effective topical for acne though and I still use it but now only as a spot treatment. If you're acne is very bad its worth a try but if its only mild I wouldn't recommend slathering on as much BP as the regimene recommends.
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:25 am      Reply with quote
good info.... Yes i started on it on friday but I use different products.

Clearasil face wash for sensitive skin (use it for 10 sec)

DR H Cleansing Cream (as directed Press gently and roll for about 30-45 sec)

on the spot Neutragena (apply a small amount gently once a day to start off)

DR H Quince Day Cream (apply gently)

This is what i use and it seems to be going in the right direction.

One thing i like is after i use the face wash the Dr HCC feels very good on my skin...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this for a week or so and it seriously effed up my skin, I needed cortisone to finally heal it. I didn't consider myself sensitive to bp until I tried this system, now I can't use it. I swear my hyper pigmentation is worse because of the bp too, there is some research that suggests it makes scars worse.

I now use a gentle cleanser and Paula's Choice BHA products 2% and am not experiencing any hyper sensitivity to it. But, the acne.org system works for many so I suppose it's worth trying at least one time. I have to say too that my skin is not normal, sensitive and oily, so other skin types may fair better.
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
i like this regimen.. its working really well and my skin has cleared up alot and has keeped the pimples at bay and my blemishes have diminshed almost completely.. check out my regimen cause i dont really use the products he recommends but i will start to just to see if it gets any better.. I use clearasil face wash.. maybe a gentler cleanser would be even better cause i use Dr. H CC everyday and even though its a gentle exfoiliater it can probably irrate my skin or something..but i am very happy with this regimen and with people who have sensitive stubborn skin i urge you to try it..

5% products discount

Mon May 15, 2006 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this regimen (albeit a modified version after the preliminary clearup) for about 3 years now, and it works like a charm. Thank God!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |