Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Should I see a cosmetic dermatologist or try Decleor?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
radiantface
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
As far as I can recall, acne has plagued me since my teen years. The only time I experienced clear, smooth, beautiful skin was when I went on doxycycline antibiotics and Retin-A gel that cleared up my face. Three years later, acne returned to haunt me. It has haunted me for the last 7 years of my life!

I saw a different dermatologist and was prescribed with antibiotics, clindamycin, Neostrata solution, retinol cream, benzoyl peroxide. All the products did were to irritate my skin and made it more sensitive. They were made my skin so dry that it would become scaly and I couldn't wear makeup. My dermatologist told me to cleanse my face and not use toner and moisturizer. Every time after I cleansed my face with Neutrogena cleanser, my face felt so tight and uncomfortable. I would use a moisturizer and end up feeling oily. When I didn't use moisturizer, I couldn't wear make-up as my skin would show horrible signs of peeling. Accutane and birth control pills were presented as options to me but after careful research, I refused those medications. I just didn't want to risk any possible long-term health effects.

I tried Proactiv as well but it didn't help my acne. In the end, I gave up trying any medicated products.

I started using aromatherapy products when I came across a cleanser by Escents Aromatherapy. It had lavender in it that really soothed my skin alot. I tried its Comfrey Gel and mask but was allergic to it.

Then, I came across Decleor in the mall. In the past, I had seen it but never tried it because I didn't know how it would interact with my medications plus it was hard to know what helped me if I used them together.

Finally, last year in October, I tried Decleor. My face was so clogged up that the Decleor person told me that I had to have a facial once every two weeks for 3 months! She gave me a sample of prolagene gel to use after I cleanse my face. I was so impressed with this gel because for the first time in I don't know how many years, my face didn't feel tight. I used it for the first week and felt instant difference. The second week, I ran out of the product and skipped using it, once again, the tightness returned.

Later, I tried the Decleor tonifying lotion as the skin around my mouth was sensitive and red. I have to say the smell is very refreshing and it helped my skin become less sensitive.

So, after 9 facials, my Decleor lady told me that I should go and see a dermatologist as she said she could only help me so much. I still get breakouts during PMS. By that time, I was getting really annoyed because she was behaving like Dr. Jekyll and My Hyde. She would chat with me like a firned when she was doing my facials but when the facial was over and I asked her which other products I should add to my regime, she would would brush me aside even though she had no customers at the counter! Plus, it was always very difficult to book facial appointments in the times I wanted even though I had booked three weeks in advance. When I tried to book anything more than three weeks in advance, she was reluctant to do so.

I headed to another mall that carry the Decleor products and spoke to the counter staff there and they were very understanding and patient. I don't know whether it's because I am a new cleint. One staff suggested I try the Ylang Ylang oil and the balm. She said it helped cleared up her cystic acne. I don't know whether it's a sales pitch or not. She offered to do a skin evaluation for me but as I had to meet someone for lunch, I told her I would return on another day.

I feel so torn as I don't know whether to see a cosmetic dermatologist and forget about trying more Decleor products or whether I should give the whole range of Decleor products a try before heading to the doctor's office.

I am leaning towards getting a skin evaluation done by the counter staff who introduced me to Ylang Ylang and then trying the whole range of products that are suitable for my skin type. I figured that if after finishing the products and my skin doesn't improve, I will head to the doctor's office. I find dermatologists constantly pushing their own products on patients. Most don't even know about essential oils and they will tell their patients to stop using them.

Would love to hear your comments, insights and experiences with cosmetic dermatologists and Decleor products.

Thanks.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I believe you really need to find the cause of your acne. With all the things you mentioned that you had tried, It is incredible that nothing worked. I would be starting to think that hormones may be a cause as the pill is one thing you have not tried and there are many brands these days (low dose) specifically formulated to control acne and they do work.
There are many good skin care brands that will help your skin but if your acne is bad enough or persistant enough and is caused by hormones, then the skin care products won't fix it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:32 am      Reply with quote
When reading your post, my thoughts were you need to treat what is causing your acne before trying any more products, I also thought it could be hormonal so I completely agree with what bushy says.

Diet plays a really big part on the skin, if you have a healthy diet, plenty of green veg and fruit and drink lots of water, at least 8 glasses a day, that will certainly help clear your skin.

Decleor Prolagene gel is great for scarring if you use it long term, it can take several months but it helps get rid of the marks.

I'm always a bit dubious to the claims that sales assistants say, they are there to sell so take what they say with a pinch of salt.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |