Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
obagi
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
happyinlandofoz
5% products discount

Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
have any of you experienced OBAGI products? I've been to an licensed esthetician for a consultation. I am now using a Toner, vit C, Clear (bleach), Tretinoin with Blender and cover all that with sun protection SPF-35. If you have any coments that will help me understand how these products work and how long before I see results please reply , thanks
cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use Obagi but I'm curious about the SPF35. How do you like it? Greasy? Light? I have combination/oily and sensitive skin and zinc oxide works the best for me so I'm considering this. Thanks in advance for any input. Wink
happyinlandofoz
5% products discount

Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Obagi sunscreen in place of my regular mositurizer. Goes on smooth and sinks right into my skin. Leaving a great base for my liquid makeup. My makeup does not look greasy because of the spf35 sunscreen. I really like it. I have normal to dry skin and always needed to use a moisture cream. I am courious about skincuetuals vitamin C.
Can anyone tell me how it compares to Obagi vitamin C?
pammy

Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Obagi since early February after seeing great results of a friend of mine. I am in my mid 40s and didn't like the look of my skin without makeup (blotchy color, small sun spots, too much sun from my teens and early 20s). I decided this year I'm getting really serious about sun protection so I tried the Obagi.

I've been using Gentle Cleanser, Toner, Clear, Sunfader, and the SPF 35 as well as the Blender with Retin A and have noticed my skin looks much healthier, less splotchy, and a little lighter in color. The only drawback is all the peeling from using the Retin-A. Some days I hide out in my office at work with a bottle of lotion in case the peeling gets really bad. The retin-A is by prescription only and the system is sold as a kit with a high price tag (around $250 US). After some point in time (I'm hoping in a few weeks) I can stop using the Retin-A nightly and the peeling will stop. I've noticed my wrinkles around my eyes have been reduced.

I really like the Clear and the Sun Protection. I have somewhat dry skin, and can put on makeup over the SPF with no problem. My dermatologist also recommended olive oil (not the cooking kind) to help with dryness and some Vitamin C cream by Neova for more anti-wrinkle benefits. Still haven't decided on those yet, we'll see after I stop the Retin-A.

Oh, almost forgot....when I started using the Obagi, my dermatologist told me I couldn't wear face makeup, just powder. I could only do this for about 2 weeks, and then went back to using a light foundation applied with a damp sponge, with good results.

Things are definitely looking up. I hope this helps.....
cefindre

Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
hi,
can I just find out, does anyone know where to get obagi products or consultant in singapore?
And also, I'm really keen to try out this product range, Is the peeling and redness very bad? Is it ok to use on sensitive skin? would really like to hear more feedback. thanks!!!:Wink
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
The redness and peeling was very bad for me. I hid in the house for 3 months and I still scared people when I went outdoors. My skin remained sensitive for a good 6 months after stopping the obagi routine. I had normal skin to begin with. But after obagi, my face flushes very easily and became more oily and whiteheads.

Overall I wasted $300 and my time hiding the house. I was hoping the 4% hq would help with my hyperpigmentation and it did nothing.

Now that I am wiser and more research savvy. I found out the type of hyperpigmentation I have will only respond to laser, topical creams/lotions will not touch them.

Can't believe Dr Obagi didn't say anything when I had my consultation. Oh well...
kn

Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I'm a first timer with Obagi.

My regimen includes- foaming gel, t-pads, clear, exfoderm, blender, retin a, spf 35.

I am now freed from wearing foundation/powder. My skin is waaayyy better than when I first started. It is bright with rosy cheeks. Obagi suits me to a "t"
luvtoshop

Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Will be starting the obagi program this weekend. hope it works for me. there's some really clean before and after pictures at this site: Obagi-me.com
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |